Madame Endora's (Secret Circle) Study Group: THE HAND OF FATE

September Pixie

THE HAND OF FATE : Forces Beyond Your Control Intervene

To make things easier, I have attached an image of the card.

From The Book:
The hand of fate works in mysterious ways. Forces beyond your control intervene in your current situation and destiny offers new opportunity. Justice prevails.

Open For Discussion :)

Attachments

• handoffate.jpg
    handoffate.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,153

Alissa

I don't have this deck yet (but I should by Friday~! ;) ) and I still wanted to jump in to the Endora Study Group anyhow, since Sep_Pixie is providing links.

My first gut reaction... pretty card! I checked out the palm, since I read palms, and I'm pleased to see everything presented is perfectly correct. A lovely symbollic diagram of the palm.

Then, I read the caption : Forces Beyond Your Control Intervene... and I *cringed* inside. It seemed to represent a blockage... a stopping point. An insurmountable force set against you.

As a dedicated palmist, I know for a fact that the lines on your hand *change* over time. Everyone's does, in minute ways that we likely don't notice unless we start to look. I wondered if the intent behind the card was to imply your Fate is at hand (pun) and there's nothing you can do about it, just as the lines in your hand are set, and there's nothing you can do about it (which I know as untrue; while involuntary, they still occur within the body).

So I immediately felt saddened that I would have such an internal conflict to a card with such a personal message, to me.

But then... I got to thinking.... Forces Beyond Your Control Intervene.

This *could* be seen as a way of saying your Higher Self is intervening in the current time of your life. And, your lines on your palm may be *about to change*... because your life is about to change. Hold on....

Voila! The conflict disappeared! :D

It has, if I had to relate it to Tarot, a kind of Wheel of Fortune (anything's at play, divine forces at work) feel.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the deck.

Editted the next day to add : YEA~! :D My deck got here two days early, and last night while pawing through the cards, I stopped longer on this card to give it a better look.

OHhhh MYyyy~! On screen, I couldn't see the lovely pattern that's beneath the lines themselves! What is that, it looks like a medieval map (the kind that read "Here There Be Monsters" still). Or a map of the constellations, I can't tell.

Maps. The lines of the hand *do* show the map of our lives, as taken thus far, and indicating our most likely outcome as perceived at this point.

Chronata

Ohhh...I had never noticed the map of lines and patterns beneath the surface until you mentioned it, Alissa!

I too have been a Chiromancer (palm reader) but I have not studyied or done any palmistry in a long while.

And I probably would also bristle at the keywords on this card...that is if I ever bothered to notice them! :)

Fate is all well and great...but Free Will Choice is there in the other hand if you choose to believe it, and not live your life ruled by what is supposed to be.

I like the Wheel of Fortune aspects of this card as well.

But another thing that hands symbolize for me...is the idea of service and Help.
Sometimes when this card comes up it signals that I am being given the opportunity to help someone...or to offer a hand.
Or it can also mean that I should see that help is being offered to me...even though I have been too ashamed to ask for it.

A hand is kindness, and service, and lending support.
A hand is also creativity manifested, making something by hand, and with love...usually for someone else.
A hand is also recognition for a job well done...giving someone a hand...as an applause.
A hand can be guidence, following the map of lines, to get a glimpse of where we are headed, and what we can be.

And that can all be mixed up in Fate as well.

September Pixie

That's a really good point Alissa :)

I look at this card like "Stop. Look. Listen."

Stop - are you sure this is the path you are wanting to take?

Look - what is this path currently doing for you that is positive and negative? would exploring other areas improve the situation? would a helping hand make the difference?

Listen - is nature, spirit, God, etc telling you that you should look in other directions either for advice or the path you are currently on?

Alissa

This card came up reversed for me recently in a spread and it opened up a whole new dimension to the card.

Instead of stopping me, it felt as if the reversed Hand was reaching out now to help me. A totally unique look to get me to see a new way for the Hand of Fate to interact in a reading. :D

Deidrui

The Hand of Fate

I have to agree that seeing this card the first time I even got the impression that forces are working beyond your control. This could be a good thing. I also find that knowing some palmistry when this card comes up may help when reading for someone else.

Reversed:
I find that I get a twist of fate that is not so good. Again, knowing some palmistry helps here.

On a side note, I find depending on who I am doing the reading for be it myself or my client that certain symbols stand out so it is important to know the symbols on the hand.

December Fairy

If you're questioning your path. It would simply be telling you, you are on the right path.
Even if the path feels wrong, you will soon see the the outcome as a good one.
If you just don't know how your going to get something done. That it will get done. You will be shown the way.

squeakmo9

When I looked at this card last night, I got the feel of the slow and steady. Also as Chronata has said...help and direction is available both in heaven and on earth. There's no going it alone.

Chronata

I just love that these Endora threads are being revised!

I had a fortune telling gig just a week ago, where I was using these cards exclusively, and this one came up a lot.

The interesting thing...I was doing readings for a group of 8th grade kids celebrating their graduation with a big circus themed party...so most of my readings were not really much on the serious side.

The thing I noticed about the Hand of Fate...was that when it came up in a 3 card spread for any of the dozens of bored teens I was reading for...

almost every single time... it pointed out to me a kid who was very clear about where they were going in life. And they had a plan and a purpose for the rest of their days...

and let me just say...not every 13 or 14 year old knows what they want, aside from the Right Now.
Most of the kids I read for, hadn't a real plan besides playing video games, meeting boys on Myspace, and gossiping with fellow students.

But when the Hand of Fate came up...I started to say..."you know exactly where the road is leading you right now.
You have a mentor, you have an idea of career, and you have firmly started down this path already."

and each time, I was met with a serious and resounding "yes"

So, Fate is Choice, perhaps.
Though I still have a theory about 12-14 being the age where you make important decisions...subconciously, perhaps...about where we are going in this lifetime.

I just wanted to add this...because it was a very interesting observation about youth, about dreams and Goals
And about this card.