3/Pents and 3/Cups; solid or fleeting?

Querant317

Querant came into contact with someone and wants to know where the friendship could go. I try to avoid yes/no questions so I worded it as best I could.

Question: given consistent effort, what are the energies surrounding the possibility of having a close friendship with G?

3 of Pentacles - to clarify, they will not be, nor have they ever been, business partners. just friends. So I suspect the Pentacles just mean that they will be able to build something solid and both parties will put in the effort needed to mutually benefit here

3 of Cups - I see this as the party card; that tells me something here is fleeting. Or perhaps that they will just be able to have fun together

My struggle here is whether I should read these cards in order or in conjunction. There were no specific position meanings, I just prefer not to do a single card draw. Additionally, there are two 3s here. Does that mean there is a third party or energy that will be getting in the way or should I regard these as mostly positive deck results?

CrystalSeas

I like your original formulation of the question: Where is this friendship going (or "headed"). That's not a yes/no question. In fact, it's a pretty good one to ask the cards to talk about.

The question, as you worded it ( given consistent effort, what are the energies surrounding the possibility of having a close friendship with G?) adds a lot more variables:

You are assuming the effort will be constant. What if it isn't?
Are the energies around the friendship or the energies around the possibility?
What is the possibility (probability?)
You're assuming the friendship will be close. What if it isn't?

So let's see what the cards say when we use your original question:
"Where is this friendship headed"

3 of Wands
3 of Pentacles

Read together, the threes would indicate that a relationship of some sort is likely. the two parties come together to form a third thing.

The energy of that relationship is both Wands and Pentacles. I'd say that leans toward a very high energy physical relationship. Hot and sexy.

So, if we use your original question, it looks like there's a good chance these two people *will* get together and have a pretty intense relationship.

I must say that the energy looks like it may be short term, but the cards may only be talking about the near future.

Querant317

The question, as you worded it ( given consistent effort, what are the energies surrounding the possibility of having a close friendship with G?) adds a lot more variables:

You are assuming the effort will be constant. What if it isn't?
Are the energies around the friendship or the energies around the possibility?
What is the possibility (probability?)
You're assuming the friendship will be close. What if it isn't?

So let's see what the cards say when we use your original question:
"Where is this friendship headed"

3 of Wands
3 of Pentacles

Read together, the threes would indicate that a relationship of some sort is likely. the two parties come together to form a third thing.

The energy of that relationship is both Wands and Pentacles. I'd say that leans toward a very high energy physical relationship. Hot and sexy.

I must say that the energy looks like it may be short term, but the cards may only be talking about the near future.

I worded it that way because querant said she wants to go for it, as she sees potential for good relationship here. So given that she does stay consistent in her outreach, I wanted to know the outcome. So the constant effort is related to her individual part in this. The energies being asked about are those surrounding the old friend in order to give us a gauge on how willing the old friend will be in opening up (after querant puts in consistent effort), so that the friendship can become close(r).

You interpreted the 3 of wands rather than 3 of Cups. Or was that a typo?

When posing the question we were also thinking short term! Something like the next 2/3 months or so. So I suppose it is possible for this to be long term and this is just a sneak peek into the beginning.

One of my biggest questions regarding these resulting cards is whether whatever will be formed in the short term will be able to grow into something long term. Pentacles are very dependable solid things. But then 3 Cups is a good time, nothing too deep about it. So it forces me to think that the Cups are just supplemental to the foundation provided by the Pentacles. Saying that the two will also have a good time while building this foundation. Thoughts?

CrystalSeas

Mistake, not typo.

Hmm. the 3 'completion' energy is still the same, but pentacles and cups are pretty passive.

I'd say if they actually connect romantically that it will be slow and steady, and without a lot of drama. But it will take quite a while for them to actually become a couple. She will need to be very patient

Querant317

CrystalSeas,

Edited my last post before I saw your reply. Ooopssss. Please read that over again :). BTW, querant thinks there may be potential for romance but for now she is *only* seeking good friendship. Anything more than that isn't directly on her mind.

Also what do you mean by this "3 completion energy"?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Querant17, did you only pull those two cards for the reading or were there additional cards that you didn't list?

Querant317

rwcarter,

I did an 8 card spread and upon request of querant added these two cards, considering them the "outcome" at the end.