Reine de Deniers (Queen of Coins) - how may it be read?

jmd

...now here is a well established and well regarded matriarchal figure.

She shows the hautes coiffures of the times, as well as other signs of wealth (apart from the obvious Coin).

Her throne appears to be a movable or portable one, maybe indicating that her home is where she makes it, rather than herself belonging to her lands... which she may in fact have none.

In a reading, for myself, she may indicate (as I tend to often see with the royal suits) that a decision needs to not only be made, but carefully and meticulously considered - it's all in the details, and a close examination of the plan and the facts of the situation need to be taken into account.

Attached is the Payen version...

Attachments

• Q D Payen.jpg
    Q D Payen.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,209

Moonbow

There is something very unfeminine about this Queen. She has a huge right hand and looks like she is balding too! Which reminds me of Elizabeth I of England:

http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk/Elizabeth I.jpg

Just as with Elizabeth, this Queen would command alot of respect. She contemplates the coin and I see her as very astute where money and/or possessions are concerned. This person would be a good advisor as she is knowledgeable and would speak her mind. In a reading this card could be seen as advising a person to be firm in decisions, particularly about money and property....or perhaps even to seek out experienced help regarding these.

tmgrl2

Definitely aristocratic...I am looking at the Hadar and the Camoin (will link below).

Perhaps even some arrogance?

The Camoin has more red in the robes and the crown, which to me speaks of great creativity and energy in the earthly plane. Yet both cards also have the blue of spirituality throughout.

This queen faces left, feminine, passive, reflective, receptive.

It's as if she is saying:

"Hmmm, I have everthing anyone could want. I have achieved a great position on earth. I have all that money can buy. What is missing? "

It is this element of staring at the denier, that often makes me think she is contemplating what it is that all of her material wealth can "buy" for her spiritually. Hadar's Queen almost smiles, Camoin's queen looks a bit more sad.

There is an internal evolution going on I feel.

She is searching for the meaning of life and comtemplating her soul-purpose.

Great intelligence, sensible, stable, confidant, comfortable,
wise in that she is moving beyond the material and opening herself to the spiritual.

Attachments

• Hadar-Royne de Deniers-Camoin-Reyne de Deniers.jpg
    Hadar-Royne de Deniers-Camoin-Reyne de Deniers.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,268

jmd

...perhaps we've all been duped.

She may be looking at herself upon the reflecting surface of a metallic mirror :)

tmgrl2

jmd said:

She may be looking at herself upon the reflecting surface of a metallic mirror :)

Oh dear! I hope this is an interpretation of the card Rxd,

This would certainly change the whole picture wouldn't it.
The Queen who IS what she HAS? Me Voicie! Here I am!

terri

Paul

Yes. I see the Queens as contemplative, engaged in activities that require attention, reflection, thoughtfulness, affection, TLC, staying power.

She has appeared, in my experience, once to stand for home decorating. It was very important for this querent to make her house into a sanctuary of aesthetics.

Moonbow

If she is using the coin as a mirror, perhaps she is a little obsessed with her appearance (again - just as Elizabeth I was).

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us." - Jane Austen.

firemaiden

That's funny Moonbow*. As soon as I saw the scan, I too thought of Queen Elizabeth I, for many reasons, not the least of which is not five minutes earlier I had just finished seeing for the second time - that wonderful movie with Cate Blanchet "Elizabeth".

Worldly feminine power, with a masculine "grasp".

kwaw

jmd said:

To me she is the Queen of Heaven, her circular mirror a symbol of Prudence/Wisdom. There are three coins and she looks to the left which associates to me with the sefiroth Binah, Understanding, an aspect of Prudence, but also Fear.

Kwaw

jmd

This reference to Prudence or Wisdom is certainly one of the more classical representations of the virtue - with mirror.

I'll have to dig out and attach a number that I have somewhere (I think in my Masonic folder... which is already packed in preparation for my moving house in a couple of weeks).

In the meantime, here is a copy of Prudence from Ripa's Iconologia...

Wonderful reflections :D

Attachments

• Ripa Prudence.jpg
    Ripa Prudence.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,179