Connolly: Two of Swords

MoonMaiden

The Two of Swords - two be or not two be . . . :)

Two men ponder two swords stuck in a tree stump, which is still sprouting leaves. One appears to be the cadence master of an army, the other, the military leader. Behind them is a colorful striped tent. They are both clad in blue and red.

The leader is deep in thought. The drummer is waiting patiently for the decision.

Two courses of action. Which one shall it be? Here there is no indication of which one is preferable, just that they exist. The swords are not crossed, as in RWS. There is no blindfolded woman. The leader is free to make his choice, but the consequences are important enough that he must consider carefully. He has not only himself to be responsible for, but his men and his country. There are repercussions to every decision. It is ours to make a good choice.

Sophie-David

Oh yes, I love this card! Now you seem to be doing readings for me, MM. It was my decision day today - and I am going to post at least some of the Connolly meditations.

From what's rapidly becoming my standard reference, Mary Greer's The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals, the Two of Swords on page 140:
At cross-purposes, tending to be ambivalent, vacillating and reluctant to commit yourself, you may be unable to make a decision...With ideas at crossed purposes, you many need to rely on intuition.
Yes that's right, break out the Tarot cards, there's room on that tree stump! ;)