5 of Swords as communicating

TinaV

Some of you may have read my thread about the date I had the other day. Those cards really confused me, especially the 5 of Swords as thoughts about another person. However, I have been pondering about its potential meaning for this setting, and I came up with the idea that perhaps 5 of Swords could mean that someone is interrupting the other person, maybe not letting them finish, or perhaps there was not enough time to say what they had to say?

That feeling of inner frustration because you have so much to say but have only so little time which you have to share with another person talking as well. In a conversation, there is always one person who eventually got to say more than the other, hence the idea of DEFEAT.

I don't think 5 of Swords is necessarily negative in this context because it also enforces the idea that there might/should be a follow-up depending on the other cards that appeared.

Any thoughts on this?

pandap

Some of you may have read my thread about the date I had the other day. Those cards really confused me, especially the 5 of Swords as thoughts about another person. However, I have been pondering about its potential meaning for this setting, and I came up with the idea that perhaps 5 of Swords could mean that someone is interrupting the other person, maybe not letting them finish, or perhaps there was not enough time to say what they had to say?

That feeling of inner frustration because you have so much to say but have only so little time which you have to share with another person talking as well. In a conversation, there is always one person who eventually got to say more than the other, hence the idea of DEFEAT.

I don't think 5 of Swords is necessarily negative in this context because it also enforces the idea that there might/should be a follow-up depending on the other cards that appeared.

Any thoughts on this?

The 5 of Swords to me is a card of defeat. It's the aftermath. In the card itself, the loss has already occurred. So in regards to what someone thinks, they could see you as someone who has recently gone through a defeat of some kind, perhaps feeling defeated because of a past failure or loss of some description. Perhaps they've surmised something from you through conversation, or you have an aura that they've picked up on.

TheProphet

The 5 of Swords often shows up in my readings to represent "cutting off and blocking communication" with a person, which most certainly can feel dirty and like humiliation, defeat, and disrespect for the person who is "cut off". Of course, it can also mean to hurt someone with your words, unfair verbal arguments, or communication problems: misunderstandings, lots of interruptions, not understanding each other, connection problems if it's online-based... To me, the 5 of Swords has everything to do with communication. Not very positive communication, but negative, hurtful, disrespectful, humiliating, defeated, or misunderstood in some way. That is how I have come to get to know the 5 of Swords in my readings.

LifesALoofah

The 5 of Swords often shows up in my readings to represent "cutting off and blocking communication" with a person, which most certainly can feel dirty and like humiliation, defeat, and disrespect for the person who is "cut off". Of course, it can also mean to hurt someone with your words, unfair verbal arguments, or communication problems: misunderstandings, lots of interruptions, not understanding each other, connection problems if it's online-based... To me, the 5 of Swords has everything to do with communication. Not very positive communication, but negative, hurtful, disrespectful, humiliating, defeated, or misunderstood in some way. That is how I have come to get to know the 5 of Swords in my readings.

This. It has shown-up like that in my readings, also. As if someone "lost-out" in what was supposed to be a productive conversation. The conversation just isn't productive and it didn't go anywhere towards producing a solution. Might need a talking stick or something where there is a "meeting of the minds" going on. Something that can help each other see "eye-to-eye" instead of verbal power-struggles.

PAMUYA

Fives are generally conflict. The Swords are thoughts, communicating. Perhaps mixed messages were sent, not knowing who you are. Are you a victim, Victor, or someone who just goes along? Perhaps conversation did not flow evenly, one sided per say. I wouldn't take this as good or bad, confused is more like it.

TinaV

The 5 of Swords to me is a card of defeat. It's the aftermath. In the card itself, the loss has already occurred. So in regards to what someone thinks, they could see you as someone who has recently gone through a defeat of some kind, perhaps feeling defeated because of a past failure or loss of some description. Perhaps they've surmised something from you through conversation, or you have an aura that they've picked up on.

I have recently gone through some form of defeat. I would be surprised if he picked up on that but I guess anything is possible.

There wasn't any hurtful or disrespectful conversation going on. That's why I am so surprised to see this card in that position. In fact, it was a fun conversation.

This. It has shown-up like that in my readings, also. As if someone "lost-out" in what was supposed to be a productive conversation. The conversation just isn't productive and it didn't go anywhere towards producing a solution. Might need a talking stick or something where there is a "meeting of the minds" going on. Something that can help each other see "eye-to-eye" instead of verbal power-struggles.

I do agree with the lost out feeling. Although there wasn't really a power struggle, the problem was so much to say and so little time!

Fives are generally conflict. The Swords are thoughts, communicating. Perhaps mixed messages were sent, not knowing who you are. Are you a victim, Victor, or someone who just goes along? Perhaps conversation did not flow evenly, one sided per say. I wouldn't take this as good or bad, confused is more like it.

Definitely confused. I do think he wasn't able to figure me out as a person.

TheProphet

There wasn't any hurtful or disrespectful conversation going on. That's why I am so surprised to see this card in that position. In fact, it was a fun conversation.

Ok. But you asked what he thinks of you? Or the date? The truth is, we can't know for certain what people are thinking. Some people are very polite and/or good at hiding their true thoughts and feelings. He might've thought some aspect or shade of the 5 of Swords regarding you or the date or the communication or whatever. I think that you might find out more if you continue seeing him. And especially how he will ACT after this date. Maybe you'll even be able to ask him someday what he really thought of you/the date and that might bring clarity about the 5 of Swords.