5 Rune cast, new at this, need help

Adjustment

Hi, i did a 5 runes cast about a situation with a very dominant manipulative person who got away in the past with lot, anyway is a long family story, this person cause me emotional and financial damage by manipulating another family member to cut me off from a family business, this person have a problem with greed and is very manipulative. i was wondering if this person will continue to remain on top and suceed by using unfair tactics to get all what they want.
Im following Umbrae recomendation with the 5 Rune cast, this is how is read: The first three stones are read just like the three rune cast, not as three stones, but as the movement from one to three, and the relationships of the three.

The Loki position is always read as a merkstave (sort of).

It represents a tendency which may come into play (or not).

Loki is the 'Trickster'. The rune here represents that part of ourselves which often thwarts our own plans (The dark side of our ego).

The Odhinn position is the positive aspect that helps us rise above all oppositions.

.................................Position 5 THURISAZ
....................................Odhinn

Position 1 URUZ.................Position 2 ISA..................Position 3 HAGALAZ
Urdhr.......................Verdhandi............. ........Skuld

..................................Position 4 TEIWAZ
......................................Loki

I'm no sure if the runes will answer this kind of questions, just decided to take a brake from using my tarot cards today.

einhverfr

Wow......

I am glad this is not about me :)

I read this spread a little differently than most. You have three tiers represengint the functions of sovereingty, action, and generation. Within the action tier, you have the past, present, and future.

Simply put this is a pretty strong warning that something about the desires that led to the question is not right. You have the action tier (representing the Norns) moving from Uruz (the primordial) to Isa (representing the ice), to Hagalaz (representing a hailstorm). In the position of sovereingty, you have Thurisaz (again a bit of a crisis rune), and in the stead of generation you have Tiwaz.

Whoever asked the question is pursuing an unjust course of action and will suffer consequences for this. There is hope, however, that the tiwaz base will eventually prevail and the person will eventually be able to set a right and proper course for his/her life.

In short, the answer to your question is "no." This person is going to get hurt, as if by a divine hand and reformed in the manner of the hailstone. In this case, this process will result in leassons learned, and it is likely that this person will eventually turn his/her life around.

Adjustment

einhverfr said:
I am glad this is not about me :)

I read this spread a little differently than most. You have three tiers represengint the functions of sovereingty, action, and generation. Within the action tier, you have the past, present, and future.

einhverfr said:
Simply put this is a pretty strong warning that something about the desires that led to the question is not right. You have the action tier (representing the Norns) moving from Uruz (the primordial) to Isa (representing the ice), to Hagalaz (representing a hailstorm). In the position of sovereingty, you have Thurisaz (again a bit of a crisis rune), and in the stead of generation you have Tiwaz.

Whoever asked the question is pursuing an unjust course of action and will suffer consequences for this. There is hope, however, that the tiwaz base will eventually prevail and the person will eventually be able to set a right and proper course for his/her life..
I have made the choice to protect my family from this person influence and her followers(other family members) by severing any kind of contact with them. For what you are saying in the reading i will be suffering some consequences for this but i didn't have more choices, I was pushed to make that decision.

einhverfr said:
In short, the answer to your question is "no." This person is going to get hurt, as if by a divine hand and reformed in the manner of the hailstone. In this case, this process will result in leassons learned, and it is likely that this person will eventually turn his/her life around.
I can see how this person can get hurt. Hagalaz is a natural destructive force that this person won't be able to to manipulate and control as she is use to do with other situations, the only thing left for her to do would be to find shelter.
I'm very new with the runes, I'm finding them to be very acurate. Thanks for your help with this reading, it helped me to figure things out.

raeanne

Hi Tara Deck,
Your question was:
Will this person continue to remain on top and succeed by using unfair tactics to get all that they want?
There is nothing to indicate change in the Runes you drew. The three middle Runes show a transition from being the 'bully' to 'keeping things frozen' to continuing to cause distruction with 'hail'. It seems that this person will indeed continue to do what they are doing. The Odin Rune also shows that this person is a 'thorn in your side'. The Loki Rune is the only 'positive' Rune. This Rune seems to represent you. When I was first learning Runes, Teiwaz reminded me of the Boy Scout's Order of the Arrow. I see Teiwaz as all the good stuff like truth, honesty, honor, justice, etc. I would say that you were very wise to back away from this person. Protect you children from this family member by just not putting yourself in a position to get hurt. You don't want to start a family war so don't do anything mean, just avoid them and take the high road. Peace.

einhverfr

raeanne said:
Hi Tara Deck,
Your question was:
Will this person continue to remain on top and succeed by using unfair tactics to get all that they want?
There is nothing to indicate change in the Runes you drew. The three middle Runes show a transition from being the 'bully' to 'keeping things frozen' to continuing to cause distruction with 'hail'. It seems that this person will indeed continue to do what they are doing. The Odin Rune also shows that this person is a 'thorn in your side'. The Loki Rune is the only 'positive' Rune. This Rune seems to represent you. When I was first learning Runes, Teiwaz reminded me of the Boy Scout's Order of the Arrow. I see Teiwaz as all the good stuff like truth, honesty, honor, justice, etc. I would say that you were very wise to back away from this person. Protect you children from this family member by just not putting yourself in a position to get hurt. You don't want to start a family war so don't do anything mean, just avoid them and take the high road. Peace.

A lot of the meaning here depends on the interpretation of Tiwaz and the position in which it is found. I want to make a few points here:

1) In Norse Myth, Tyr lost his hand because he betrayed the trust of the wolf (Fenris). Dumezil draws parallels to an eposode in the legend of the founding of rome (see Gods of the Ancient Nosemen) where Murcius (thereafter known as the Left Handed) mutilates his right hand in another act of deception. Now, the binding of Fenris was necessary and it was right. But it was not done in an honest way for this was not possible.

2) Tyr might be a god of law, but this version of law is not about reconcilliation (Snorri says that he is not called a peacemaker).

Tyr, in my view, represents a harsh vision of the law in which base entities (such as the wolf) are restrained by any means necessary. It therefore is probably more equivalent to a compass or a north star in terms of a directional reference than to higher-minded civil concepts. Though, to be fair, it is reasonably likely that the Migration Age Germanic peoples had a larger role for Tiwaz than the Norse did for Tyr (how large this was is still a large matter of debate).

My own approach again is to see Tyr as a constant reference point. The North Star (as mentioned in the OERP). So when I say the person you ask about will learn harsh lessons, this is well supported in the lore.

I see the stead that this stave is found in to be symbolic of the underworld (after all if you call it the stead of Loki, that is where he is said to be bound). The underworld then represents a number of things including ancestral influence, power, fertility/generation of plants by the land, etc. Probably the best keyword I would ascribe to it is "foundation." It can also represent the places where the more dangerous entities can live too (dragons, dwarves, trolls, etc).

Next we have the issue of the thorn in the position associated with Odhinn (or as I would say, the Aesir). I see this in a number of ways. First the thorn has a hallowing and a protective aspect as well as a painful one. The second is the sleep thorn found in the Volsung Saga, and the third is in the lightening that Thorr throws at giants. Again, in this case, we see the idea of harm as if by a divine force precipitating a crisis in this person's life (probably the agent in the move from Isa to Hagalaz).

Every rune in this reading appears as an indicator of crisis except Uruz. Protection might be wise, but the answer is that this person will fall.