Healing With The Faeries Discussion

Logiatrix

This is the thread especially for your thoughts, experiences and questions regarding the Healing With The Faeries Oracle by Doreen Virtue...
:)

rcb30872

This is my very first deck of oracle cards I have bought. I have four others, and they are all Doreen Virtue decks. I went out iwht a friend, and went into the Fremantle Markets, Western Australia, and there is a store there that she likes. I asked her to help to choose a deck to buy, my second deck, my first being Radiant Rider-Waite, she recommended this one, so I bought it.

I usually prefer to use them to do readings for others, but if I do use them for myself, it is just "What do I need to know". I usually use more than 1 card, more like 3 - 5 cards. That is just the way I am!

I will like to come back every now and then, and discuss the cards that I like to talk about, one card at a time, today I have chosen:

Detoxification
Affirmation: I take excellent care of my body, and I crave only healthful foods and beverages

When you get this card it indicates that there there are tosins not just in your body, but in your mind, your emotions and your spirit. So what is needed is for you, in one way to determine what these toxins are, in other words negative influences, and then in a sense get rid of or eliminate these, to be replaces by positive influences. It could be a lot of things, it could be the fact that you are addicted to a harmful substance, whether that is alcohol, cigarettes or other types of things. It could be the fact that the food your are eating have a lot of preservatives, additives, artificial colourings, artifical flavourings and other harmful chemicals. It could be that you drink alcohol, too much caffeine, or anything along those lines. It could be that you haven't got good sleeping habits. It could be the fact of the thoughts you have, whether they are self-doubts, worries, fears, insecurities and other self-sabotaging thoughts, taken to extremes that your thoughts are abusive to you. It could be the sort of people you are associated with, whether they are friends, family members and whatever else, which could have a lot of negativity and are naysayers, or could be the sort of peole that expect you to be a certain way by putting too demands on you, perhaps.

Once you have established what needs to be eliminated you can go about by letting go of these negative influences and replacing them with positive influences. It could be eating a balanced diet, where you would buy organically grown fruit and vegetables, for example. Also, perhaps drining more water and having good sleeping habits. Surround yourself with supportive people. Perhaps you may need to buy something from the health food shop which would help you to flush out these toxins in your body, especially.

:love:

Bec

rcb30872

Make Music
Affirmation: Deep within my soul, I now accept and experience the healing power of music

Music helps to lift your spirits and to change your outlook and mood, so they are more positive. This card says to surround yourself with music, whether that is listening to your favourite CDs, the radio or whether you actually play and instrument or sing.

It could be any genre of music that you like. It could be something that is joyful and fast-paced as it helps to stimulate the festive mood. Basically, the choice of music you want to liste to, as we all have our own tastes is up to you. Perhaps you would like to dance to the music as well, express yourself through body movement, it can be in the privacy of your own home.

I for one have experienced that certain music helps to make you feel more energetic and others can make you feel sad. I have on CD that sometimes I can listen to, and other times I can't listne to it at all, especially when I am doing household chores, this one particular CD makes me feel unmotivated and lethargic at times. Admittedly, my taste in music is rather limitted compared to other people, who like ot listen to all sorts of music. However, I usually have the radio on all the time, except for of course when I'm sleeping, the TV is on, or the little man is up. I have been thinking about learning to play the guitar, perhaps I will one of these days. I, for one, like to be surrounded by music, especially when doing house work and studying.

Also, take not of the lyrics of the songs you are listening to. I like to listen to the lyrics and there are some songs I especially like just because of the lyrics. There are some which are infused with positive messages, disguised as pop or rock music. I particularly like some Van Halen and Sting songs because of that and the new Bon Jovi song, no idea what it is called, something along the lines of "Welcome to Wherever You Are". Song lyrics can be seen in the context of messages, signs and guidance which you should be paying attention to in determining what your next step, along with other things such as ideas, thoughts, concepts, ideas, visions, dreams, the voice inside your mind and what other people tell you.

Bec

rcb30872

Raising Your Standards
Affirmation: I deserve and expect the best in life. I hold high standards for myself

This means that we all know what sort of life we truly desire to be living. The thing that holds us back are negative thoughts, naysayers and other negative influences. In which case, we are limited to what we can do by our own thoughts and believing in what other people say to us, we all deserve the best, in some sense we need to acknowledge and identify exactly what we desire.

You can make a list of all the things that you desire to have in your life. By doing so, we can return to the list periodically to read this list, and while reading the list we can have hope, faith and gratitude for these things. By doing so we would raise the vibrational energy which would mean that you would be opening yourself up to receive these things.

The thoughts that may be holding you back may be such things as cannot afford afford that, cannot do that, and so on. Basically these are self-doubts, fears, worries, insecurities and other self-sabotaging thoughts. Also you may be surrounded by people which in some way affirm these negative thoughts that you may have, they may hold you back in the expectations that they may have of your of they demand too much time, energy and attention. So, matter-of-fact in some way you may need to release or let go off some of these negative influences so your true heart's desire and dreams that you have can be manifested into reality.

Bec

rcb30872

Beauty
Affirmation: My inner and outer selves are radiantly attractive right now. I love my beautiful self

Tell yourself positive affirmations daily such as "My inner light radiates through every pore and cell of my body and everyone is attracted to my inner and outer beauty"

This is about seeing what about yourself that makes you beautiful. Each and everyone of us are beautiful in our own way. This card tells us that we should appreciate ourselves, particularly our attractive attributes, qualities and characteristics. It could be your sense of humour, your gentleness, your caring nature, your demeanour, your intellect, your generosity, your hair or anything for that matter. This card tells us tha twe should not out ourselves down in any way.

If you have low self-esteem, self-worth and are self-conscious than this shows through. It affects your posture, you may walk around with your shoulders slumped forward, you may walk with your head down, you may wear clothes tha tare not flattering, which may be baggy or something like that. Worse case scenario, these could cause you to be shy and timid, which some people may mistake as snobbishness.

On the other hand, if you are self-confident, then you are likely to have a good posture, where you will have you head up and your shoulders back. You would smile more and you would be more friendlyu, and you would find yourself being able to join in conversations. All of this would increase and help to accentuate your natural beauty, and this will help you appear to be more approachable, and you are morle willing to share your good qualities with others, such as your sense of humour, your intellect and your generous and caring nature.

There are ways that will help you in your appearance, to make you appear more attractive and to accentuate your best qualities. These could be things like having beauty treatments, such as a manicure, a pedicure and facials, getting a new hairstyle and buying some new clothers. Other things that will help you to relax and would help you to appreciate your natural beauty, such as having a massage, having a soak in a nice warm bath, using an oil burner and essential oils and lighting candles. There are other things that you can do to quieten your mind. so that the self-doubts, fears, worries, insecurities and other self-sabotaging thoughts can be reduced, so you would be more attune with your positive qualities, attributes and characteristics, such as meditation and yoga.

Bec

rcb30872

New Location
Affirmation: I now live and work in a safe, comfortable, spacious environment, in a wonderful location

This could be about the fact that you may be changing residence, changing location in your employment or even getting a new job. If this indicates a change in residence then it indicates that you should list or at least think about what would be important or what you would like in your change of residence. You may want to think about nearness to a hospital, to a shopping area or near to a good school, if you have children. Look at what hobbies and interests you have, or at least something you may like to do or try, and to think whether they have the facilities, such as clubs and associations, and all of those sorts of things. It just may mean that you are living somewhere where you are not happy with. Perhaps the size of the place is not good for you, or there are certain things in and around your residence which may mean your health and happiness are compromised.

In regards to your job or career, it may indicate that you may be getting a promotion. You may be offered to be relocated, where you would be working for the same company but in another area. In which case, the change of residence would fit in with that as well. AS you can understand, there are certain companies that may be located in other areas of the state, other states of the country and in some cases in another country altogether.

It may mean that you are in for a change in job. Maybe this could be a time to sit down and think where you would want to work. More than likely it could indicate that you don't like your job and that it is making you unhappy and making you feel unfulfilled. In which case, it could be an indication that you may want to start looking elsewhere, apply for some jobs, update your curriculum vitae or resume, send some letters out for desired employers, keep an eye out for any advertised vacancies, or any vacancies that someone may tell you about. Worst case scenario it may indicate that you could be fired, made redundant or forced to retire.

However daunting these changes may be, it will be the best for you. It will open more doors and better opportunities for you. You would feel more comfortable, secure, safe and protected in the long run.

Bec

rcb30872

Inner Child
Affirmation: I invest in myself by taking regular time to let go, play, and have fun

By the way you feel neglected and unappreciated indicates that is because of your inner child needs to be nurtured. Perhaps there is a reason when you were a child that perhaps you didn't get the love, attention and appreciation that you should have had. Perhaps there may be a sense that you had to grow up faster than you needed or wanted, such as because of looking after a sick relative, as an example.

Then, this says that you can get to know and nurture your inner child. Take soime time out to play, have some fun, say silly jokes, draw or make up stories which will help to indulge your inner child. There maybe a need for, if indeend you may have been negelected or abused as a child, you may actually need to be the parent for the inner child. In which cae you need to listen to what your inner child says, perhaps explain that it was not your fault and if the actual reason is known by you, explain that to your inner child in terms that would be understandable for a child. You are the parent for your inner child, love your inner child, take time to do things to nuture your inner child.

If life has been a bit hectic, with lots of responsibilities, perhaps you may n eed to shuffle things around, have good time management and prioritise so that you can allow time on a regular basis to play and nurture your inner child. In some way it can be seen that people are always doing things for other people in the hope to be appreciated and loved. Maybe this is an indication that this time you are spending doing things for other people, you actually need to use that time to do something for yourself. If need be, say "no" to people who put demands on your time, energy and attention so you can spend that time, energy and attention with your inner child instead.

Bec

rcb30872

Awakening Your True Self
Affirmation: I now give myself permission to be true to myself

The funny thing about this getting the card is that I had a dream, which seems to be an improvement on a dream I had a few months ago. The dream I had a few months ago was when I was walking down a hallway of a dark, with little furnishings withing, house, where I was followed by someone who was telling me that there was something wrong with me and me telling them that there was nothing wrong with me. In this same house, were two men. After looking in to the dream, it appeared that it was my mum and two brothers that were internalised in my psyche.

This dream I have just recently had was when I was inside the house that I am currently residing. I was feeling quite content in the dream, until I found out that my mum was outside in my garden, doing the gardening. The curtains were drawn closed and the front door closed. But once I found out she was there , by me hearing her, I got angry. I did not let her in the house, the curtains and the door remained closed, as I did not open them. However, she told me to put the kettle on, I was just about to put the kettle on, and that is when I woke up. In my opinion, that means because she was outside, the curtains were drawn closed, the door was closed, means that she appears to be more of an onlooker on my life. Sure, she still exerts some influence on me, but she does not rule me, as the other dream pinpointed out to me.

This means, with this card, that I am allowing myself to be my true self. The transformation process of myself being someone what someone expected me to be and who I truly am is not an easy process, but once it has been done I would be much better off. This card tells me that in some essence I would be going through some major changes in my personality and whatever else.

It really means that there are things that I have given up for the sake of someone else. It might be friends, interests and hobbies. This means by me not being influences by the other person, I will be regaining the things that I have given up or let go off, including interests and hobbies.

All in all, this is a good card, as ultimately I would have greater self-esteem and have more contentment and more fulfilment in my life. My true essence of who I am, is who I will become. All other things will fall away, leaving only my true self.

Bec

rcb30872

New Opportunity
Affirmation: I notice and embrace the new opportunities that are now in my life

This card means that a huge new opportunity is about to be presented to you. It could be in the form of a new idea, thought, concept, vision or dream. It could be in the form of someone approaching you about a business proposal. It could be in the form of an advertisement or someone telling you about a class or workshop about something that you may be interested in. It could be in the form of loss, perhaps you have been fired, made redundant, forces to retire from you job, or it could be from a failed relationship or even a death of a loved one.

This new opportunity that is presented to you can be seen as Divine inspiration or guidance. You may doubt your abilities or qualifications fro this new opportunity, but this has been presented to you, and as such, would indicate that youwould be qualified for this, othersie why would it be presented to you? This is an answered prayer in which you need to accept the help and guidance, as we all deserve the help and guidance from Heaven. You would need to maintain your hope and faith, and quiet your self-doubts, fears, worries, insecurities and other self-sabotaging thoughts. Also, I guess, don't pay attention to or perhaps even avoid naysayers.

Bec

rcb30872

Higher Consciousness
Affirmation: I easily hear and understand the inner voice of Spirit

You have taken steps to listen to your higher consciousness or inner guidance because you have put your foot down about improving your life or through relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, meditation or yoga. What is coming across to you from your higher consciousness or inner guidance would be the form of ideas, thoughts, concepts, visions, dreams or the voice you hear inside your mind.

The more you quieten your mind, especially against self-doubts, fears, worries, insecurities and other self-sabotaging thoughts, the louder and the clearer the voice from you higher consciousness or inner guidance will be. You can help this by continuing with the breathing exercises, meditation or yoga, as well as spending time in nature, going on retreats and joining a spiritual support group. To be able to get the message loud and clear from your higher consciousness or inner guidance you will need to do this on a regular basis. Rearrange your schedule so you can do this, prioritise, delegate the work load and chores, say "no" occasionally to people who put too many demands on your time, energy and attention.

Bec