Anyone still using Symbolon?

Namaste

I just picked up a Symbolon deck for my collection (partly because of the beautiful images), and I have read through the LWB and what has been written here in the past, but I was wondering if there were still people here who have this deck and still use it.

I would love to hear from you. Thank you!

September Pixie

I use my Symbolon a lot for pastlife readings :) Its worked very well for them.

Namaste

September Pixie said:
I use my Symbolon a lot for pastlife readings :) Its worked very well for them.

I would absolutely love to know how you use them (re. interpretation) and what kind of spreads/layouts you use with them, September Pixie. :)

September Pixie

Kittaine said:
By the way, this is partly based on lunalafey's past-life spread here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17109

Thanks to her for giving me the idea!

************8*********
**********7***9*******
********6*******10*****
******5**1**2**3**11***
****4***************12*

1. mind
2. body
3. spirit

4. birth
5. childhood
6. adolescence (teen years)
7. adulthood
8. general attitudes/actions
9. social environment
10.intimate relationships
11.hidden/unconscious influences
12.circumstances surrounding your death

I use this spread a lot.. I don't really follow one solid spread for every reading.. I change it upon the person. I like to mix the symbolon with some tarot.. like 6 cards tarot, 6 cards symbolon :)

lunakasha

I did a reading with mine a couple of months ago, and it was yet another "brutally honest" reading like I would expect from the Symbolon! For me, this deck does not pull any punches--it tells me things I may not want to hear, and it does not sugarcoat the answers. Ever. I always try to read intuitively with this deck, and only look in the LWB as a last resort, since many of the card meanings are what I consider quite negative. But I have to say, even though I don't use it as often as I used to, this is still one of my favorites and it never fails to amaze me.

:) Luna

September Pixie

Lunakasha is the reason I bought mine ;)

lunakasha

September Pixie said:
Lunakasha is the reason I bought mine ;)

*blushing* :| Awww.....thanks Pixie! :D

I am glad to have enabled/helped you, hehehe! })

This is IMO one of the coolest, most underrated decks......

catlin

Still struggling

The Symbolon is a great deck but I have to admit I am still struggling with learning this one. I am not soo much into astrology (I also want to study this more) and somehow I have the feeling without a good thorough knowledge of astrology, I will not be able to handle the Symbolon.

darwinia

I had them but traded them because of the colours. A lot of gold and brown which for some reason nauseated me. (I think a remembrance of having the 'flu when young and our friends painting the trim on their house orange and brown. Weird what the body remembers.)

Glorious artwork, but I couldn't use them after a while.

This is the same reason I've never bought the Psycards--too much brown, and yet decks like these are a favourite type of odd deck for me.

Colour is an amazing property.

lunakasha

catlin said:
The Symbolon is a great deck but I have to admit I am still struggling with learning this one. I am not soo much into astrology (I also want to study this more) and somehow I have the feeling without a good thorough knowledge of astrology, I will not be able to handle the Symbolon.

This was initially a concern for me, catlin.....as someone who knows almost NOTHING about astrology! And the fact that the cards 1--do not follow the tarot structure whatsoever (although several could pass for Majors) and 2--are not numbered OR titled, so you have to search the LWB for the picture and then the meaning on another page! :eek:

However....once I got past all that and just focused on the images, I was able to read quite well with these cards. I try not to rely too heavily on the LWB, and only consult it when I get stuck or need a little more information, because I find many of the meanings to be quite negative.

But I love the artwork, there is just something so unusual about it....hard to put into words. And sorry darwinia....I love the gold/brown combination, reminds me of autumn foliage! :D