anyone have the Medicine Cards?

napaea

hey, i'm in a book club, OneSpirit (luv it) and they are offering the Medicine Cards for $19.99. i have only used these cards once to find out my totem animals...so....

does anyone have these cards? if so, do you use them much, and what for? this is an expanded deck, so there are 8 new animals included in the set. i don't feel i'll use them frequently, but i did just do a tarot card/animal match up to see which tarot energy i could combine with my animal energies.

guess i just wanted feedback on whether this is a vital deck or can wait awhile.

(p.s. for those curious, new animals are: blue heron; raccoon; prairie dog; wild boar; salmon; alligator; jaguar; black panther.

Maan

Hi Napaea

I used the medicine cards quite alot before i discovered the tarot :)
I have the old version but now i belive i need to have the new one. Not because i will use them often but because my power animal is the black panter!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have the new version yet and would you please tell me what they write about the black panther? I would be very very very gratefull !!!

Love and light
Maan

jade

this new version came out over a year ago. (just so you know)

i love this deck. it's not one that you use daily but it's great to use once or twice a year for something big. it gives really great deep interpretations into what is really going on in a situation.

the totem animals are great at divulging the deep down reality of self.

i love them. used them for years and years and years now (oops dating myself again heehee)

i would not hesitate to buy them, up here in canada they are around $55!

love
jade

Minderwiz

My wife has this deck (old version) and did try to do readings with it but I must admit she found it difficult and kept asking me (who knew even less than she did).

It's now sitting on our bookshelf along with a number of other non-standard decks that look nice in terms of art work.

I prefer at the moment to keep to tarot decks. Not because I believe they are better but because I don't want to get confused by trying to read radically different decks. When I'm a little more confident in using Tarot decks then I may have a go with them (if she'll let me).

Minderwiz

lunalafey

I have this deck

and YOU can use them daily. One card a day, to focus on the medicine the animal offers, or perhaps offer assistance with a current situation.
not just BIG stuff. I enjoy my cards very much. No they are not good for 'tarot' intended spreads, they just don't work that way. The less cards the better, keeps things more direct.
MAAN: Black Panther #52 - Embracing the Unknown
facing fears and dark behaviors, exploring internal shadowy aspects of being. Have no worries for the future, for we are not supposed to mentally 'figure it out' but have faith and trust.
letting go of the fear and confronting the unknown, of being less than you truely are or an inability to simply BE.
going empty handed into the void with complete trust, in the stillness of the void, finding the will to avoid foolish interruptions. Deeper into self-discovery and healing.

Maan

Thank you

Wauw lunalafey that helped me alot. There is not much writen about the black panther as a power animal and this makes alot of sence to me. It explains one aspect of the panther that i did not read before. And a thing the panther can teach me.
I really need to learn to trust and let things happen :)

Ravenswing

one spirit

napaea--

i'm also a member of one spirit. i had one problem with them. sometimes the selections came so late that they sent me the month's feature. after this happened a few times, we called them up and they re-adjusted our account so we have to respond to recieve items; nothing is ever sent automatically.

this makes things a lot eazier for us. you might look into this option.

raven

emily2otters

i like the cards and the concept, but the book is just a touch too ... i don't know. new age innocent? there's not enough of a dark side to appeal to me. i'm waiting for the right time to begin my own research on the animals and their symbolism, and i may end up writing my own little handbook.

napaea

Ravenswing: that happened to me a couple of times as well. I've been going on line now and clicking my response there, somehow it seems like they give me more time that way. i did have to send a few things back, but they pay for it, so i was ok.
my problem with them is that i want more than i shold buy!! :)

Emily2
have you looked at Ted Andrews "Animal Speak"?
lots of info on all kinds of animals, and he does talk some about darker natures and weaknesses. might give you info to develop your own animal deck!

emily2otters

napaea said:

have you looked at Ted Andrews "Animal Speak"?
lots of info on all kinds of animals, and he does talk some about darker natures and weaknesses. might give you info to develop your own animal deck!

i think i have, and i think i liked it. :) thanks for the reminder; i'll see if i can find it again.