Looking for Oracles with meanings on card

HearthCricket

I am looking forward to using oracles more often, especially ones that have the meaning written right on the card, itself, like Madame Endora, or The Victorian Flower Oracle. Can anyone recommend more Oracle decks with this particular feature? Thank you!

lark

I just bought these.
Miracle Cards by Marianne Williamson.
They have a word on the front and a quote from some of her books pertaining to the card on the back.
The pictures are beautiful...I was struck instantly by them and I had to have them.
Superior card stock on them too.
Nothing much came up in search about them, actually nothing came up.
So I don't know if anyone here has any experiences using them...but I'm having fun with them. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Cards...=pd_bbs_1/104-2412361-1536756?ie=UTF8&s=books

Sammie

Horscope Belline - One of my favorite Oracles!

My favorite Oracle with a meaning written on the cards is Horoscope Belline by Grimaud a French company. They have nothing to do with Horoscopes or Astrology so I don't really know why they are called that but they are wonderful cards. The pictures are pared down and simple but get their meanings across - with the single word meaning written on them as well you rarely need to look at the LWB (which is very clearly written).

Here are some links to look at them:

http://www.houseoftarot.com/Cartomancy/L'Horoscope+Belline+by+Grimaud.html

http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=l'Horoscope+Belline&pageenter=0
be sure to click on the link on this page to look at additional cards

It is a small deck size wise but does have a lot of cards - 52, it's very easy to shuffle. I've used it for a couple of years now and have been so pleased with the messages it gives me. I usually do a daily reading of three cards to see how my day will go.

They are very good for using in any kind of Tarot spread as well as just pulling a couple out and seeing what they say to you.

a_shikhs

Hi HearthCricket,
You can check out the oracle decks by Doreen Virtue. They have meanings written on the cards.

Infact 'Healing with the Faeries' deck by Doreen Virtue has meanings and affirmations written on each card. Its a beautiful deck. :)

Annabelle

I heartily recommend the Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards produced by Piatnik. I've never seen it in stores, but I know that R. Somerville has it, and if memory serves I bought my copy from House of Tarot. In other words, it's easy to get online. And it's inexpensive.

The cards are small, the size of playing cards. The art is lovely - very true to art deco - and a single-word meaning appears on each card (in several languages).

An adorable deck, all around.

HearthCricket

This is great! Thank you, everyone! I have some serious browsing to do!

I could not get a picture of the Art Deco cards, anywhere. Does anyone know of a place? No picture came up on House of Tarot.

Deana

Doreen Virtue's decks usually have the meanings on the cards. A few of them, the Goddess one for sure, even have gilded edges (lovely).

HearthCricket

Thank you for that link, Annabelle. I think I am going to skip this oracle. It is a little more modern in taste than I wanted. I really love my Madame Endora cards and now the Victorian Oracle. I guess I am realizing I want something with an old-fashioned flair, more of a 19th century feel to them, or older. Or something with animals (may get the Druid Animals, this weekend). I guess I need to look at everything that is out there and see what really speaks to me.