cards for health issues

finaflight

I was wondering if there are certain cards you would look for pertaining to health issues - both physical and emotional.

I really only know two - the queen of cups - would be emotional - hormone inbalance - moon I could be emotional - I`m not sure about physical though.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cosmoline

Thirteen

cosmoline said:
I was wondering if there are certain cards you would look for pertaining to health issues - both physical and emotional.
Let me preface this with the usual warning: never rely on the cards when it comes to health issues. Always go to a doctor to be properly dignosised.

That said: any of the cards can refer to health issues. The Tower, for example, can indicate some kind of collapse. Judgment can be a serious hospital stay, and the Star is all about healing.

Usually, however, the cups refer to issues of emotional imbalance (depression, for example), and health issues relating to indulgences (drugs, alchohol, food). I remember getting a 7/Cups with a guy and asking him about drugs/alchohol--he told me he'd been an addict and in rehab for a while.

Swords are most often the ones to indicate illness. For example, 4/Swords can indicate a need to rest for health reasons. They can also refer to mental health problems that have to do with anxieties, insecurities and fears, like paranoia (8/Swords). Problems related to insomina (9/Swords), anything which involves over-thinking things.

Wands and Pents also relate to health, but usually positively. Wands indicate energy and a strong mental acuity. Pents usually indicate good physical health. Though even there, there are cards that can indicate health problems. 10/Wands, for example, could indicate back problems.

It's really difficult, however, to get an idea of what health problems, exactly, the cards might be relating to just on their own. Is that 9/Swords predicting insomnia, anxieties, a migraine or some other illness that's going to be keeping you up all night? Easier to figure out if you use a health spread rather than just the cards by themselves.

finaflight

All that info will be of great help to me in the future.

I for sure would always see a doctor for any health issues - but when trying to come to my own decision about the issue I was pondering about I thought I would try the cards.

I touched on this on another thread - but had got differant cards - I had been asking about ellective surgery a couple of times - this time I got the knight of pentacles, then the 10 of pentacles crossing over in the cc spread - to me it said maybe i really didn`t need this surgery - but thought I would check with the forum on what the dfferant cards I had got for the same question.

Oh, what is a health spread?

Thirteen

cosmoline said:
Oh, what is a health spread?
A spread that focuses on health. If you go to the "Spreads" section, you can get some suggestions. One health spread, for example, is a "Zodiac" spread where each card stands for a different Zodiac sign. As each Zodiac sign also rules a certain part of the body, the card you turn up gives you an idea of what's right/wrong with that part of the body.

Example: Aries rules the head. So if you got, say, an Ace of Swords, it might indicate a headache.

Lurea

There are some books that include health info in card interpretations.

I'm pretty sure that Mary K. Greer's Tarot Reversals does. Plus, it's simply an excellent book all the way around. It has upright AND reversed meanings.

lifeisdifficult

I did a search to answer this same question. Sorry it I repeat some of what was already stated.

Wands- energy levels, hyperactivity
7- good immune system
8 - things that appears fast like the flu, measles, rash

Pentacles- general health
5- legs, muscular, mobility issues
6- contagious infection
8- work accidents

Swords- stress, nerves, anxiety
3- heart trouble
6- water -born infections
9- depression anxiety insomnia
10- back problems

Cups - medication, blood, circulation, glands, depression, addictions, general mental health
5- depression
8- warts and herpes
knight- warns against ignoring symptoms
Queen- depression, post-partum depression

Majors
Fool - psychiatric issues
Magician- larynex, voice
Emperor- headaches
Strength- stomach, mouth, digestive system
Death- bones
Temperance- blood/fluid circulation
Tower- penis, impotence or erection issues
Moon - bipolar, menstral & gyn issues
Star- circulation
Sun- sunburn, skin cancer, skin and heat rashes, burns

This is just what I found searching, I have yet to have any come up in a reading. Trusting Thirteen's list is probably a good idea. These are just ideas from posts on this site.
Kelly

finaflight

yes, i am familiar with some of Mary Greer - I`ll see if the library carries that particular book - I may go with the Zodiac sign avenue since I am familiar with the signs relating to each body part.

Thank you everyone - and thanks lifeisdifficult for takiing the time to write those exaples.

Cosmoline