78 card spread.

brightcrazystar

I actually do not use a constant method. I think every card in the deck,when the querant is clear on their inquiry arranges itself to display an aspect of the answer. My attributions may not be yours, but that doesn't matter. I think the deck can, through images, say the same thing to different people, though each may be colored with their own mentality.

It is modeled to the manala of the zodiacal chart, equinoxes, solstices, elemental thrones, and every sign, planet and decan of the zodiac. The way all 78 cards can be laid out. You do not lay them out in order in this reading, but that might help you get used to such a large pattern.

I started recording the whole deck's order after three shuffles for a trends and analysis project to develop my professional skills as a data architect - my job was to make complez models have high visibility and relational integrity. It was insipired by me noting recurring cards and having complex questions arise. If the third card, for example, in a Celtic cross is recurring as "The Moon" - then how is that changing when the first and second keep changing? Why isn't that card changing?

Of course the answer is "because it is showing you another aspect of that same point." But I wanted to know why it was showing me this aspect as such. Every other card changes position if one moves, so what else does that perspective show. My deck is not so rude as to simply just poke at me with a card until I pay attention. It is my oldest possession and friend. The little me I can dissect and re-integrate over and over. He doesn't even feel pain when I do it!

I was reading, and showing a friend, who in beautiful innocence gave me the idea when I asked how many cards she wanted me to lay out for a reading "Well, why can't you lay them all out. So, to be a smart ass, I looked for a way to do it. A few days later, I came back, and we laid out the whole deck, in a model of Tarot cards that is how the deck "maps" to astrology and qabala, and anywhere in the round, completely surrounding her at the center, the answer was right there.

I have a policy of giving people a red envelope to put something in they feel reflects the value of my insight and the divination. I make them wait until they have confirmation, and giving back to me is a sign they think my advice was useful or incorrect. Put black pepper in it if you think I suck. I just want feedback. (please no biohazards, lol)

This is a method I used alot when I had floorspace. I employ it once a year, and it is my jumping point for every personal reading I do. It is an excellent milestone in a tarot journal.

I have only physically laid out this whole reading a few times, and around 2000, I started modeling it in excel... for records and because I was crashing with friends who would not have understood why their living room was covered in cards. You sit in the middle and have all the cards around you. It requires a good bit of floorspace and a large blanket. Put it in a room where you can leave it for about three days to get through it all. I have a chart of all 78 cards that i just fill in, each is given a number, and these are modeled in excel.

At a glance every card in relation is connected to the sum of the whole - in total aspect. This is when I came to the conclusion it doesn't matter who touches them, how they handle them, and if they even shuffle the deck once. The cards communicate simply by existing in relation to each other and us. I did not recieve this from own high, or learn it from a teacher, but many of my teachers thought it was brilliantly clever, and when I shared findings, they were astounded.

This is still my principle method of study, over books, or any other. Lay em out, live em for a year. I used to do yearly readings, but never so large. I do this on the spring equinox, my mom's birthday and the personal "Mother's Day" I celebrate. I read it based on 32 essential principles - 10 sephiroth and 22 paths (i.e. tree after the fruit of knowledge was picked).

I do like to shuffle though so I shuffle alot. I buy shuffling decks to beat, carry-on, and use in ways that might damage them, and have my original RWS, as sure as I plan it to be an heirloom. But for this reading, I really get some good shuffling in - if just to get in my zone.

PrincessPaulina

Hello there, again, Brightcrazystar!

This was very interesting reading.
I'd like to try this spread.

Can you elaborate on the actual pattern and positions, or at least how you go about reading the cards that are all around you?
I am not very familiar with Kabbalah, but would still like to try this..

MissJo

I can't help but say this... that must take a VERY long time to completely interpret. No wonder you only do it once a year!

How long does it take you on average? I'm also curious to the positions... might be fun for a New Years reading.

Carla

This way madness lies! But whatever works for you. :) Sounds crazy intense. Anything over 7 cards or so and I start to get the hives. ;)