8 of swords as feelings

Dartellus

Hi!

One day i was discussing the meaning of this card in feelings with a friend and recently this card came has feelings again in one my readings.

Normally this card means "being stuck or restrict", so, in feeling about another person, could mean that the person x feels stuck (or confused) about the person y?
But at the same time, looking to the card, i see the lady surrounded by swords. Maybe, the swords are the ones keeping the person x stuck and restricted? And the swords means...thoughts. So, the thoughts are blocking or restricting the feelings of the person x towards the person y?

My friend used to see 8 of swords as feelings meaning that the person x feels restricted and stuck when is close to the person y.

I know that the answer depends a lot from the reading, but what are the possible meanings that you people sees on this card with this question?

What you people think? Another idea about this? Or even about what i just wrote...

Thanks!

rwcarter

I don't see confusion in the 8S as feelings, but I agree with being stuck or restricted. 8S could show an inability or unwillingness to show one's feelings because the object of said feelings isn't available/is off limits (your best friend's significant other, for example) or it's not appropriate to show such feelings (to your boss, for example).

I could also see it as saying that one refuses to admit or deal with those feelings themselves - If I can't see, touch or feel you, I can ignore my feelings for you.

I can also see the 8S representing the teen angst kind of "lurve" (intentional misspelling of love) where "I can't live without you! I'm no good without you! Nothing matters if you're not around!"

Rodney

Mystica7

The person in question can also be too extremely logical about the situation to (be able to) feel indeed anything at all. So I don't see a confusion here as well, but a person who got his/her feelings simply out of the way... to the detriment of something else maybe. So that's how it goes for the "being stuck/restricted" part.

8 of swords is not a card I'd like to get for someone's feelings.

Another interpretation could go as such:

When I have really intense feelings for someone (like passionate love) and I feel *desperate* and stuck because of not being able to do anything about it (such as in the case of an unrequited love), guess which card I get as signifying my feelings...

You need to decide which interpretation applies.

Dartellus

I don't see confusion in the 8S as feelings, but I agree with being stuck or restricted. 8S could show an inability or unwillingness to show one's feelings because the object of said feelings isn't available/is off limits (your best friend's significant other, for example) or it's not appropriate to show such feelings (to your boss, for example).

I could also see it as saying that one refuses to admit or deal with those feelings themselves - If I can't see, touch or feel you, I can ignore my feelings for you.

I can also see the 8S representing the teen angst kind of "lurve" (intentional misspelling of love) where "I can't live without you! I'm no good without you! Nothing matters if you're not around!"

Rodney

Hi Rodney!

Hahaha, i liked your "lurve" interpretation, it makes sense as well in this card...i really liked.

About the rest, i agree...especially the denial of feelings, specially inability for showing the feelings.

Thanks for the insights, Rodney!

Dartellus

The person in question can also be too extremely logical about the situation to (be able to) feel indeed anything at all. So I don't see a confusion here as well, but a person who got his/her feelings simply out of the way... to the detriment of something else maybe. So that's how it goes for the "being stuck/restricted" part.

8 of swords is not a card I'd like to get for someone's feelings.

Another interpretation could go as such:

When I have really intense feelings for someone (like passionate love) and I feel *desperate* and stuck because of not being able to do anything about it (such as in the case of an unrequited love), guess which card I get as signifying my feelings...

You need to decide which interpretation applies.

Hi Mystica7!

I liked your "extremely logical" interpretation, it sounds difficult to someone do it, but a lot of people does that for a lot of reasons.

Thanks for the insights Mystica 7!