8 of wands as advice/Temperance as obstacle?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey everyone. I hope you're all well. I used my Archangel power deck to ask what messages my guides and angels had for me regarding the near future. 8 of wands flew out of the deck while shuffling and, surprisingly (or not surprisingly) I got 8 of wands as advice but Temperance as obstacles.

I know the 8 of wands is about fast movement and it could indicate communication, but I am having trouble seeing it as advice. Could it mean to go with the flow and just hold on? I feel like it means don't dilly dally and just keep moving forward. And I see Temperance as an obstacle meaning that I'll feel off balance for a while and it'll be hard to catch my bearings. Patience comes to mind as an obstacle as well, but I have been patient for so long so I'm glad to see the 8 of wands, haha. What's interesting is that I always got Temperance as advice a couple of months ago and now it's an obstacle. So I think that's what is throwing me off a bit.

What do you all think? :)

Thirteen

If it ain't broke....

Temperance is usually about messing around with the formula—tinkering, experimenting, trying to make something better or different. So I'd say the obstacle of Temperance is a desire to mess with the formula. 8/Wands says that whatever you're doing, it's working; things are happening and happening fast, energy is focused, etc. So. Don't mess with the formula. Or, putting it another way, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Temperance is usually about messing around with the formula—tinkering, experimenting, trying to make something better or different. So I'd say the obstacle of Temperance is a desire to mess with the formula. 8/Wands says that whatever you're doing, it's working; things are happening and happening fast, energy is focused, etc. So. Don't mess with the formula. Or, putting it another way, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What's interesting is that Temperance for me usually comes up as either patience or integration, but I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the integration part of the meaning into this reading. I have a hard time messing with things and trying to make them better...only for me to make them worse because of my drive for perfection. So this makes a lot of sense! Thanks a lot, Thirteen! :)

Puffette

Hey everyone. I hope you're all well. I used my Archangel power deck to ask what messages my guides and angels had for me regarding the near future. 8 of wands flew out of the deck while shuffling and, surprisingly (or not surprisingly) I got 8 of wands as advice but Temperance as obstacles.

I know the 8 of wands is about fast movement and it could indicate communication, but I am having trouble seeing it as advice. Could it mean to go with the flow and just hold on? I feel like it means don't dilly dally and just keep moving forward. And I see Temperance as an obstacle meaning that I'll feel off balance for a while and it'll be hard to catch my bearings. Patience comes to mind as an obstacle as well, but I have been patient for so long so I'm glad to see the 8 of wands, haha. What's interesting is that I always got Temperance as advice a couple of months ago and now it's an obstacle. So I think that's what is throwing me off a bit.

What do you all think? :)

8 of wands and temperance are two cards that have one common point: TIMING.
On one side we have the 8 of wands which hurries up things and opens the road for new events and hasty decisions and on the other side we have the temperance as obstacles which says there is too much waiting in here.
Temperance takes things slowly and in the oposite it shows some fidgeting(those cups and the mixture might spill over because u are in hurry to solve something ).But as obstacle it means that u are weighing things too much and maybe u care about every detail. It might seem like one of those people that tend to think an entire day about something and when u think they took the decision,they stop because they wanna think again. It shows the meticulosity as obstacle.
8 of wands as advice shows that u must be clear about what you want and act now without getting yourself stuck up in details. The cards in here dont ask u to be patient! They ask you to be direct and decided. Be precise!

KnightOfTheCosmos

8 of wands and temperance are two cards that have one common point: TIMING.
On one side we have the 8 of wands which hurries up things and opens the road for new events and hasty decisions and on the other side we have the temperance as obstacles which says there is too much waiting in here.
Temperance takes things slowly and in the oposite it shows some fidgeting(those cups and the mixture might spill over because u are in hurry to solve something ).But as obstacle it means that u are weighing things too much and maybe u care about every detail. It might seem like one of those people that tend to think an entire day about something and when u think they took the decision,they stop because they wanna think again. It shows the meticulosity as obstacle.
8 of wands as advice shows that u must be clear about what you want and act now without getting yourself stuck up in details. The cards in here dont ask u to be patient! They ask you to be direct and decided. Be precise!

I agree with you, Puffette! Both you and Thirteen brought up the idea of being meticulous and that's me to a T. I always focus way more on the details and sometimes the details don't matter as much as the overall picture. I also don't think they're telling me to be patient either. Your interpretation was a nice one that also clicked with me, especially the part about patience. Thank you! :)

So I guess 8 of wands is giving me the green light and Temperance is warning me about focusing too much on the details and trying to make things perfect by "messing with the formula”? That makes a lot of sense. :)