8 of Wands reversed

pandap

I've been doing some fun readings from a book "365 Tarot Spreads".

I did a "Gratitude" spread, which comprises seven cards. All the cards made perfect sense, except the 8 of Wands reversed in the position of "How can I be thankful even when I don't feel it?"

The 8 of Wands reversed to me can be such things as delays, being unfocused and scattered, not reaching your target, communication delays or communication not getting through, missed opportunities or stagnating. For the life of me, I can't seem to make any meanings fit with the above position.

Has anyone got any ideas? I am totally blocked on this one.

rwcarter

8 of Wands reversed in the position of "How can I be thankful even when I don't feel it?"
Don't rush it so that you can take some time to find something about the person or thing that you can be thankful about?

Sample situation
A friend gives you the most ugly thing you've ever seen in your life. Your immediate reaction might be, "Oh, wow. Uh, thanks." You take a day or two to find something about the thing that you can give thanks for/about and send your friend a much longer thank you note about it.

Rodney

pandap

Don't rush it so that you can take some time to find something about the person or thing that you can be thankful about?

Sample situation
A friend gives you the most ugly thing you've ever seen in your life. Your immediate reaction might be, "Oh, wow. Uh, thanks." You take a day or two to find something about the thing that you can give thanks for/about and send your friend a much longer thank you note about it.

Rodney

Absolutely brilliant thanks Rodney. Do you know, I thought of not rushing, but couldn't gel with it. After your explanation, "take the time to smell the roses, even with all the weeds" popped into my head.

Did I say brilliant? Superb. Thanks. I love "aha" moments that cause me to learn something so profound. :)