Madame Endora's Fortune Deck

shemsu sutekh

It's absolutely beautiful! It's much like most other oracles I've seen, but the way that it's able to tie in many different mythologies and concepts and bring them together with such beautifully illustrated cards...ahh. I'm so glad I ordered it.

The spreads given in the back of the lwb are decent, although I'll probably just make my own. Is anyone else using this deck regularly? I think there ought to be a daily draw thread, if there are enough people who own it.

Disa

There are some comments in the study group on this deck. They are really quite helpful in gaining another perspective. I only got this deck recently. I've just used it a few times so far.

Disa

HearthCricket

This is my favourite oracle to work with, whether it is alongside a tarot deck, with runes, a crystal ball or on its own, I find it wonderful to use and hope it never goes OOP!

lunakasha

This is also one of my favorites....one of the few decks I was able to read with right away, and it gives very clear answers for the most part (although I occasionally struggle with the "elementals" but the surrounding cards usually provide some context).

It is beautiful, but also a very honest, no "BS" deck. Highly recommended.

I also hope it does not go OOP, but I can tell you that mine has held up extremely well, through plenty of shuffling! The only indication that it is not still new are the tiny white specks on the edges (pretty standard with black or dark borders).

:) Luna

HearthCricket

lunakasha said:
I also hope it does not go OOP, but I can tell you that mine has held up extremely well, through plenty of shuffling! The only indication that it is not still new are the tiny white specks on the edges (pretty standard with black or dark borders).

Yep, that is what is happening to mine. That is okay. I stocked up when this came out. I have 6 copies! I want to be sure I have mine for a long, long time because this is the kind of deck I can see myself pulling out at age 90 and reading from. :D

lunakasha

HearthCricket said:
I stocked up when this came out. I have 6 copies! I want to be sure I have mine for a long, long time because this is the kind of deck I can see myself pulling out at age 90 and reading from. :D

:eek: 6 COPIES??? LOL!!!

Yes....you are undoubtably THE number one fan of this deck, HC!!!

You are so funny....but I like it. All stocked up for life! :p

PS: If my deck suddenly falls apart, I know who to call....

HearthCricket

lunakasha said:
:eek: 6 COPIES??? LOL!!!

Yes....you are undoubtably THE number one fan of this deck, HC!!!

You are so funny....but I like it. All stocked up for life! :p

PS: If my deck suddenly falls apart, I know who to call....

Well, I do have a habit of gifting these to other people, then finding out my own stock has lowered and panic sets in! Seriously, when my hands are old and crooked this is the one deck I can see myself swishing around the table and pulling cards for my elderly friends at the nursing home.... LOL :D

Elen Sian

I regularly use this deck and find that it works great with my intuition. I do a Celtic Cross with it and it works extremely well for my client who loves it too. I know it's not a tarot deck but it speaks to me just fine.

I have a real fondness for this deck and have had great messages to give using this deck, one message began whilst it was still in the post to me. The card involved was the Medusa and so I have a bond with this particular card.

Does anyone else have a favourite card?

Elen

HearthCricket

Elen Sian said:
Does anyone else have a favourite card?

Elen

My favourite is The Spirit; Unseen Forces Watch Over You.

This has come up often when I have done readings during a crisis or time of trial, be it emotional or physical. It gives me a lot of comfort and lets me know that someone is watching over me and that sometimes I just need to ride things out because no matter how much I worry about something or get anxious about a situation, it isn't going to change, so why waste so much energy on it? I love the way the angel is just smiling at the skull. To me that is saying, yes, Death itself will come, to everyone, no matter what, and all that preceeds it is part of the circle of life, times of trials, happy moments, sad situations, etc. Her calm and delicate smile lets me know that greater unseen force knows the bigger picture.

Aulruna

My favourites are the Seer and the Green Man.

For some reason, I'm also partial to the Raven, though this seems to be a negative card on first sight. However, I always have found it to give "fair warning" and it alerts to blind spots. When he comes up, I usually look what else is there I might have overlooked or misinterpreted...