9 of cups as how many

Pami619

I asked how many sexual encounters someone has had.
And I'd get this card or 10s..
I usually ask please indicate with a number on a card how many this and that.
I pull lots of nines or 10s so I don't know if it's means that that's exactly how much or that it is not talking about the number but the satisfaction of the encounter.
I ask because when I asked the person themselves they say they lost count but the 9 of cups has counted it's cups...
I hate beign lied especially by this person.
So any help and thoughts would be appreciated.

nisaba

I pull lots of nines or 10s so I don't know if it's means that that's exactly how much or that it is not talking about the number but the satisfaction of the encounter...

Why would it do that if you're specifically asking about the number?

The answer "nine or ten" sounds likely to me.

Pami619

Why would it do that if you're specifically asking about the number?

The answer "nine or ten" sounds likely to me.

Yes I also think so but they are exaggerating.
I guess should trust my intuition on this one.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

SunChariot

I asked how many sexual encounters someone has had.
And I'd get this card or 10s..
I usually ask please indicate with a number on a card how many this and that.
I pull lots of nines or 10s so I don't know if it's means that that's exactly how much or that it is not talking about the number but the satisfaction of the encounter.
I ask because when I asked the person themselves they say they lost count but the 9 of cups has counted it's cups...
I hate beign lied especially by this person.
So any help and thoughts would be appreciated.

The cards will answer that kind of question in exactly the method that you planned to use when you started the reading. I find you need to be clear on that before you start a reading because that is how the cards will answer, using the method you planned to use as you started the reading. If you change your mind after the reading is done and try to substitute another method, that muddies the water. As the original method was the one the cards should have used to answer.

Just to play devil's advocate here though, if you ask for the number of the card to indicate the number of sexual partners they have had, what if they have had more than 21 (the highest number in the deck (or 22 if you count The Fool as 22)? If the person lost count, the number may be higher than any number listed on the cards. That means the cards cannot answer using the method you selected.

Also the cards should answer exactly what you asked. If you asked about THE NUMBER OF encounters, you should be able to trust that that is what was answered, the number and not the quality.

Those were my thoughts on it,

Babs

Pami619

The cards will answer that kind of question in exactly the method that you planned to use when you started the reading. I find you need to be clear on that before you start a reading because that is how the cards will answer, using the method you planned to use as you started the reading. If you change your mind after the reading is done and try to substitute another method, that muddies the water. As the original method was the one the cards should have used to answer.

Just to play devil's advocate here though, if you ask for the number of the card to indicate the number of sexual partners they have had, what if they have had more than 21 (the highest number in the deck (or 22 if you count The Fool as 22)? If the person lost count, the number may be higher than any number listed on the cards. That means the cards cannot answer using the method you selected.

Also the cards should answer exactly what you asked. If you asked about THE NUMBER OF encounters, you should be able to trust that that is what was answered, the number and not the quality.

Those were my thoughts on it,

Babs

Thank you very much for your agreement on this.
I've had this number set in my mind and
intuition for quite some time and recently they started to make me doubt it.
I could of asked a general screenshot of their sexual encounters and get 7 of swords rx or upright I don't have any idea how to interpret it as numbers but in the RWS there are again 9 swords in the card so that makes sense.
It is funny how trusting tarot can be more than an actual friend...

Also to add they intentions at that moment were 9 of pentacles rx and that screams bragging about or exaggerating what someone has.
If it was true that they lost count then they might be some kind of sex gods which I doubt haha

SunChariot

Thank you very much for your agreement on this.
I've had this number set in my mind and
intuition for quite some time and recently they started to make me doubt it.
I could of asked a general screenshot of their sexual encounters and get 7 of swords rx or upright I don't have any idea how to interpret it as numbers but in the RWS there are again 9 swords in the card so that makes sense.
It is funny how trusting tarot can be more than an actual friend...

Also to add they intentions at that moment were 9 of pentacles rx and that screams bragging about or exaggerating what someone has.
If it was true that they lost count then they might be some kind of sex gods which I doubt haha

Glad to help if I ever can. :heart:

Could be that the answer is not in actual numbers but just what the card mean to you.

If they lost count, either some kind of sex god, or maybe just a REALLY bad memory.
LOL

Babs

Pami619

Glad to help if I ever can. :heart:

Could be that the answer is not in actual numbers but just what the card mean to you.

If they lost count, either some kind of sex god, or maybe just a REALLY bad memory.
LOL

Babs

I've used this method before and worked wonders.
Thank you again I also thought about intuitive guess.