Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Multi levels

Sylvie Steinbach

Jill came for a session. She has a marriage in mind and therefore her husband Charles. She would like you to see the state of her relationship...Naturally we went for 2 keycards: the ring and the man cards.

I only posted the relevant group of cards only using the 2 card rules surrounding the key card to keep things simple. (remember simplicity!)

12-birds + 21 mountain + 28 man + 25 ring + 23 mice + 24 heart...

...18 dog + 11 whip + 22 crossroad + 29 woman + 14 fox + 26 book...

Please refrain from talking about jobs, health or anything IRRELANT. We are working on a marriage question. Now tell me instead why I chose to post the woman key card and its surrounding cards. And what does it say...Stay simple and to the point please by showing how you get to your says. Thanks!

indianstorm

State of marriage

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Jill came for a session. She has a marriage in mind and therefore her husband Charles. She would like you to see the state of her relationship...Naturally we went for 2 keycards: the ring and the man cards.

I only posted the relevant group of cards only using the 2 card rules surrounding the key card to keep things simple. (remember simplicity!)

...18 dog + 11 whip + 22 crossroad + 29 woman + 14 fox + 26 book

Answer:
Key cards- 28 man to represent Charles
29 Woman representing Jill
25 Ring- their marriage

I think- the draw was done to analyse how each viewed the state of their marriage. Although you were thinking keycard man and ring- the woman card becomes relevant as she is also a significant entity in the marriage.

I believe the cards are speaking about how they view/see each other and the underlying feelings within the marriage.

How Jill views her marriage to Charles-

It appears that the couple (Birds) are not communicating to each other (Mountain). Seems like a giant barrier to the communication and Charles (mountain+man) is behaving indifferently/distant.
Man+ring- Charles
This is not nice- Ring+mice suggest the marriage is in trouble and heading to towards dissolution which is causing her sadness/heartache (Mice+Heart)

How Charles views his marriage to Jill-

18 dog + 11 whip + 22 crossroad + 29 woman + 14 fox + 26 book

I wondered on the 18 Dog card- and how this fits- 2 possibilities came up- either(1) he sees her as an abusive companion or (2) he thinks she is having an affair with someone he knows/friend. My reason for opting for (2) is this- the dog is male card and represents friend along with the whip which can represent sexual relationship. This is contributing to him feeling unsettled/ uneasy towards her (crossroad+woman)/ and the distance she is sensing from him (mountain+man) isperhaps from this.

In the future position- if things continue the way they are- his suspicion towards her might grow because he thinks she is being unfaithful (woman+fox) and the possibility of him trying to trap her/catch her out- (Fox+book)- maybe hiring a private investigator..

Impression- This marriage is seriously on the rocks- Charles is displaying signs of mistrust and Jill is at risk being of being a victim from this it looks like..

I hope this is an ok way to interpret the cards..

Stormy

lark

Sylvie Steinbach said:

Please refrain from talking about jobs, health or anything IRRELANT. We are working on a marriage question. Now tell me instead why I chose to post the woman key card and its surrounding cards. And what does it say...Stay simple and to the point please by showing how you get to your says. Thanks!
(birds+mountain+man) Communication in the marriage has stopped, Charles is acting indifferent and distant.
(ring+ mice)The relationship is coming apart...(mice+heart) due to the emotional stress of this lack of communication.

*I would want to see where Jill is in the relationship..so I think that was also on your mind and that is why you did another line with woman as a key card....woman representing Jill.

(dog+whip+crossroads) Someone else is in Jill's life (dog) that she feels very sexually attracted too (whip) and this is causing her to feel unsettled and unsure of what direction she should take in her present relationship with Charles. (crossroad) She is leading a double life......of
(fox+book) deceptions and secrets.

Phoenix Rising

Jill

Sylvie Steinbach said:

Firstly to say that both the key cards of Man and woman were used to see how both saw the marriage, and of course ring.

Looking at Charles it indicates that he has become unresponsive and distant, especially verbally, therefore a communication break down. Looking at the Ring which is also a key card, therefore it also shifts to what is surrounding the ring. With the combination mountain+ring around the man, he feels the marriage as an obligation and responsibility. He also has in mind that the marriage is likely to dissolve(with mice)

If I look at the ring, the marriage is definitely leading to loss, Man+mice combination around the ring shows that he is finding it hard to cope. With his sense of obligation it is causing him emotional stress. He will follow his heart(which I will get onto at the end)

!
Looking at Jill she is feeling very unsettled and unsure. With the fox next to her I think this means that she is following her gut instinct and that her husband(dog) because of the silent treatment(his reading birds+mountain) which is a form of abuse(dog+whip) it is his roaming(whip+crossroad) that has caused her to feel unsettled.

If she follows her instinct(fox) she will reveal something a secret. Fox+book is investigative work. I think that she will be the one who will do the investigating into her suspicions.

Another thought looking at Charles is that because the ring follows him into the future is that he maybe looking at another relationship which is only an infatuation (mice+heart) He is willing to loss his marriage to follow his desire(heart)

So I think that once Jill investigates and reveals what it is he has been up to.
Having a reading with Sylvie is one form of investigative work, which she will probably look for many options(crossroad+fox)

Phoenix

LisaW

marriage

The 12birds+ 21mountain says to me that Charles has become withdrawn, and isn't communicating in his normal way. Birds can also mean couple, so he's not really present in the relationship (and Jill senses it).

The 21mountain + 25Ring says to me that he is in a state of denial around his marriage. It's more of an obligation/responsibility to him- he's not emotionally there!
The 23Mice + 24Heart hints that he is very stressed emotionally..he is feeling lost, and worried.

The fact that the 18Dog was the next card screamed "look further!" although we didn't charge the Dog or the woman card, they are hinting as to what is going on with him.

The 18Dog tells me that there is someone else that this man is close to. There is a another female involved in the picture, and possibly someone that Jill knows.
Charles is very attracted to this 'known' woman (whips) and he is trying to decide which way to go-- 22crossroads, shows multiple lives/women and choices.

Ironically, surrounding the 29woman card is the 22crossroads+14fox!
This says to me that she is not being straightforward with him either!
The other woman, lives in duplicity as well, and is sneaky, manipulative.
Next to the 14fox is the 26book, so it is showing that she is hiding something about herself from him! He has been drawn to someone who won't be honest with him either!

I would gently warn Jill that there may be another woman, possibly someone she knows, that is sniffing around her husband, and that he's attracted to her. It's causing him emotional distress, and he's torn. This other woman is not what she presents herself to be though either.
It's time for a serious heart to heart.

Sylvie, how can you tell whether someone is actually physically/emotionally having an affair, compared to being "attracted"? I can't quite remember if we've talked about that before...

This my take on this spread, at any rate; I know it differs from the others....

indianstorm

this is fascinating..

Jill by consulting Sylvie.. it is clear she is having doubts about her marriage. I pondered the possible circumstances on why she would consult Sylvie. I am considering the fact that Sylvie is investigating their motivations towards their marriage individually.

If Sylvie wanted to look at them as a couple-- she would naturally charge both significator cards with Charles and Jill's energies. This would leave other person cards to represent a third party should they be involved.By pulling the woman card, she can analyse the possible circumstance around Jill as well to see what is going on with her as she might not have disclosed affairs to Sylvie.

This made me wonder which direction to choose on analysing the spread. Are the individual spreads done to analyse how they viewed each other or what is going on on their lives separately? I think only Sylvie can answer this to explain what her intentions were when she pulled the cards to justify the draws.

I think all of our answers are valid where we took one or the other chain of thought regarding what the spreads were divulging..

Stormy

Sylvie Steinbach

Stormy

In this portion of analysis, I disagree with your approach. You said:

How Charles views his marriage to Jill-

18 dog + 11 whip + 22 crossroad + 29 woman + 14 fox + 26 book

I wondered on the 18 Dog card- and how this fits- 2 possibilities came up- either(1) he sees her as an abusive companion or (2) he thinks she is having an affair with someone he knows/friend. My reason for opting for (2) is this- the dog is male card and represents friend along with the whip which can represent sexual relationship. This is contributing to him feeling unsettled/ uneasy towards her (crossroad+woman)/ and the distance she is sensing from him (mountain+man) isperhaps from this.

This is not a crossing like in a past life reading. the punctuation "...." means that there are cards that haven't mentioned therefore you CANNOT use the cross reading. So this interpretation is not right. We keep it simple, remember? you are already complicating the issue...too much information and probably taking the risk to say things that won't be accurate.

Sylvie Steinbach

Lark

You mentioned:

*I would want to see where Jill is in the relationship..so I think that was also on your mind and that is why you did another line with woman as a key card....woman representing Jill.

I haven't done an extra spread...the two lines are part of the same spread. Again the punctuation "..." means that there are cards that I have not mentioned because they are not relevant. This is a multi level reading. No need to do an extra spread. Again read carefully my introduction.

Sylvie Steinbach

Phoenix

There are no negative cards leading the whip into a negative meaning. It is important that you keep that in mind. The dog does not refer to her husband but to someone she knows. Making the leap that it is her husband may not be accurate. The dog does not point always to investigation. Again keep it simple...

Sylvie Steinbach

Lisa

AGain we are the same issue here...

The fact that the 18Dog was the next card screamed "look further!" although we didn't charge the Dog or the woman card, they are hinting as to what is going on with him.

NO! NO! NO! Please pay attention in the way I presented the cards "..." mean that I have omitted some cards. WE will have to work on this everyone as I can see you haven't master the multi level reading. SO I will do this one with you and we will do other readings from that point on. This is what you need to work on.