Hanged Man--bladder infection?

PentQueen

A friend of mine says he has a bladder infection that cannot be cured. I've looked into the cards about this and have continually pulled the Hanged Man. I suppose with him being upsidedown (and the urine going the wrong way), this would make sense?

I'm not sure I'm getting the entire story from this person, so I pulled two other cards to clarify the root of the problem (no positions, Golden deck) and rec'd the Lovers + the Knight of Cups, but I'm mystified as to what the real problem is. Could the infection be linked to alcoholism or sex (temptation/indulging in drink/love)? Any thoughts?

starrystarrynight

Cards aside, that sounds a bit suspicious to me! Can't you usually cure bladder infections with a little Cipro? Where is Dr. Netzach?

rcb30872

What a load of nonsense! Of course you can cure a bladder infection. Why do you think they have antibiotics?!?

Tell your friend to swallow his pride, or whatever fear he has about going to a doctor, and go to the doctor! I will say it again THIS IS CURABLE! Matter-of-fact if he leaves it for much longer, it will only get worse, it might be a much more serious infection, such as septacaemia! Then that would be a lot harder to treat, as that can cause complications, with all areas of his body, especially if it's a sort of bacteria that produces a toxin.

As for the other two cards, all I can think of it must be something embarassing! Thus the hesitancy to go the doctor!

Mellifluous

Sounds like an STD. Or a lie.

I won't ask the context of this discussion, but perhaps it was just an excuse.

rcb30872

Mellifluous said:
Sounds like an STD. Or a lie.
Tending towards the STD myself.

PentQueen

Hmmm...thx everyone. I have my suspicions that this person is alluding to/but ultimately lying about an STD.

Or is almost willing this 'infection' via stress, to make me feel sorry and guilty. He claims that the bladder infection is slowly killing him.

I don't know...I pulled the fool and the Moon afterward as well...so it doesn't seem an honest situation.

I do think he is making themselves sick from stress, and no, will not go to see a doctor, or a therapist, or anyone else for that matter. :(

rcb30872

Oh well, if he won't help himself, let him be, his problem!

KCB

As someone who has suffered from lots of bladder infections, drinking too much alcohol does exacerbate the condition as does the consumption of anything highly acidic. If this person drinks too much, and they dont really want to face up to potentially having an addiction, then that could also explain the unwillingness to seek medical attention. I also agree with what the others have said about delaying treatment. If the infection (assuming it is bacterial) gets to the kidneys thats really serious.

PentQueen

KCB said:
As someone who has suffered from lots of bladder infections, drinking too much alcohol does exacerbate the condition as does the consumption of anything highly acidic. If this person drinks too much, and they dont really want to face up to potentially having an addiction, then that could also explain the unwillingness to seek medical attention. I also agree with what the others have said about delaying treatment. If the infection (assuming it is bacterial) gets to the kidneys thats really serious.

Thank you so much KCB. This person is an alcoholic and drug addict. Now I'll come clean and admit that this person was my partner for a long time. We are separated now, and he has claimed to have been sick with this infection since my departure from him. He won't admit his problems to anyone. Anyway, I've told him to forget the doc now and go straight to the hospital. I hope hell listen--though that's doubtful. Anyway, thank you for your insights--I had my suspicions that substance abuse could be the contributing factor to this infection.

Thirteen

KCB said:
Slam dunk, KCB. Good call.