Favorite Playing Cards method

MatPoint

Hi,

I've been interested in playing cards it is quite difficult to decide which method to learn because there seems to be too many variations. Which one is your favorite one?

Do you know the Chita St. Lawrence method? Does it really gives accurate readings?

Thank you.

Mat

Some Playing Cards methods.

1. Personal Prophesy.
2. Hedgwytch.
3. Russian Playing Cards style. It's all in the cards by Chita St. Lawrence.
4. Playing Cards oracles.
5. Mara's Fortune Teller. E-book.
6. Regina Russell.
7. Kapherus system.
8. The Fortune Teller's Deck by Jane Lyle.
9. Playing Cards and domino fusion.

Le Fanu

Id go for the Ana Cortez Playing Card Oracles method. It has a depth to it, ties up well, convincingly incorporates geomancy (you don´t need to know anything about it - I didn´t; she explains it lucidly in her book). It can be used with any regular 52-card deck.

It feels like a tried and tested, centuries-old method when in fact it developed out of her own (and her father´s) recent conclusions about the history of playing cards for divination. I feel that there´s some truth in her conclusions.

None of the "dark haired man about to give you a message" type meaning, set in stone. For those accustomed to tarot, it works well alongside tarot too. Scope for intuition, suit development, numerology.

Id go for this one...

MareSaturni

Hi Mat,

I agree with LeFanu: The Playing Card Oracles is my favorite PC deck & method ever. It's complex, but not absurd, once you get the hang of it. And it actually has a logic.

I personally love this method!

You should try it...look fer the deck AND the book, the book is the best part. I think there's the set for sale on Amazon.

M.

MatPoint

Hi Marina and La Fanu,

I got the Playing oracles set. I have just flipped some pages and I found the meanings quite complex maybe that's because I haven't read the book paying attention to details. I read in amazon some reviews about the It's all in the cards book by Chita St. Lawrence and I just thought it could be a good method and I even considered other methods I' know aware of.

Your posts make sense and it seems interesting so I'll give Playing cards oracles a go.

If anyone else wants to share their preferences about playing cards it is welcome too.

Thanks,
Mat

Bernice

I've tried the Hedgwytch and Kepherus. I also have the Playing Card Oracles (set) - although I like illustrated cards, which these are, I'm personally not too fond of them. Plenty of others like them though. The Geomancy is great.

I've heard good things about the Regina Russell system, it's an online purchase, so I'm not likely to get it.

Bee

Aristede

I'm currently studying the Regina Russell system, and I can't say enough good things about it. The card meanings are rich and complex, and the combinations allow for very specific predictions.

The cards are interpreted in three-card groupings, and small details such as card order, position, and suit interactions are very important.

I wouldn't say that it's an easy system to master, and I'm a long way from mastery, but I've had some very accurate readings with this system.

Aristede

pippi

I had begun using the Personal Prophecy method, as it was the only one I seemed to click with. But I found that I needed to adapt the system to suit me better. So I kept some of the meanings, but changed a lot of the cards to create my own meanings. Since doing so, my readings have been much more accurate and easy to follow.

Hope you find a system that feels right for you, Mat. There are plenty to choose from! And you can always create your own method if you find you don't connect with any of the ones out there. :)

MatPoint

Hey Pippi,

That's exactly what's going on. It seems that I don't connect with any method. I've tried the Hedgwytch method but it didn't meant anything to me. Then Personal Prophesy either was something memorable.

Regina's method sounds good Aristede.

Bernice, I'll also check the Kepherus method.

Thank you every one for sharing your thoughts.

Cavern of Elfhame

I've tried over the years to find a system that works for me, everything feels 'off' and confusing. I see all these methods mentioned and I have tried or looked into all of them except those playing card oracles, I may look into it!

olivia

What is Kepherus system? I can't find anything about it!