Treppner Course or Brika-Verlag Ebook

anndelise

*grumble grumble*
I've been waiting for an email regarding ebook links from either/both Treppner and Brika.
In my impatience, and boredom, I went to the Treppner site to look around and sigh a lot.
While there, I did an online oracle they have available.
The Question: When will the ebooks come in?
The Answer: 29 female card + 21 mountain + 16 stars
Even *I* can grasp this meaning. *pout*

So while I'm sighing and moping around, anyone here want to tell me what they thought of either/both of these lenormand resources?

Astraea

I have found both Treppner and Brika to be very prompt in sending e-books and replies to e-mails. Each course is excellent -- different, but entirely complementary. If I had to choose only one, it would be Treppner's because I like its organization, accessibility and format; it also has a great deal of breadth and depth. But I have only praise for both courses, and my interactions with the Treppners and Brika Verlag have been 100% positive.

anndelise

Astraea said:
I have found both Treppner and Brika to be very prompt in sending e-books and replies to e-mails. Each course is excellent -- different, but entirely complementary. If I had to choose only one, it would be Treppner's because I like its organization, accessibility and format; it also has a great deal of breadth and depth. But I have only praise for both courses, and my interactions with the Treppners and Brika Verlag have been 100% positive.
Thank you for responding.

* Do either of them hit you with a bunch of seemingly random meanings all at once? Or do they introduce different aspects at different times? (like, describing people is introduced at a different time than figuring out say..timing)
* Do either of them have you build up in your readings (i dunno, like maybe 1-2 card readings/combos, eventually building up to the spreads) or do they instead give you the spread and leave it up to your 'intuition' from the get go?
* Do they list a bunch of combos for you, or do they instead guide you into figuring out combinations for yourself?
* Oh, and do their paragraphs or chapters ramble around the point, or are they pretty directed/focused?

(These would be the first things I'll be looking at when they come in...to see how easily I'll be able to use them, and which to work with first.)

(*sigh* they'll either be waking up soon or it's already morning there, and it's bedtime here, so maybe when I wake up there'll be something waiting for me. Lol, I just had an image of me, bleary eyed, flipping open my laptop, checking my email, and having an image of a "bouquet" laying on top of a "book" pop up on my screen.)

Astraea

Both of the courses build gradually, focusing first on single card concepts before moving on to increasingly complex (but not overwhelming) combinations. There is a logical progression in each course, and the student is encouraged to think through the card combinations in his or her own way, and to relax and enjoy the process. Both courses are quite well structured, with no rambling or fluff.

Britta's course (through Brika Verlag) has plenty of self-testing pages and quizzes, and she presents several approaches to layouts and readings. The Treppner course is more like a comprehensive textbook, whereas Britta's course is divided into sections or "volumes" which you can purchase separately.

Both of these courses are well worth the expense, in my view. The Treppner course was easier on my printer -- it's an older model and maybe newer ones would perform differently, but Britta's course features a background pattern on each page and that made for a long printout time and a hot printer. Also, some of the pages have only a few sentences on them and this made printing quite expensive in terms of the amount of paper required. The Treppner course is more compact, overall.

There is a lot of good content in both courses, and in each the student is encouraged to learn basic card concepts, and then practice applying them in creative ways. Both courses guide the student from simple, basic combinations to the whole-deck spread. Each course offers a comprehensive approach that gives the student plenty of food for thought and room for exploration.

MatPoint

The Treppner's course is based on a pattern reading method, while Britta's method is based on the left/right (past/present).

The Treppner's course gives you an ebook with all the possible combos. Britta gives you some important combos, and then teaches you how to figure out for yourself how to read combos and also provide a bunch of Combo interpretation exercises.

Both approaches (patterns method and left/right) are very well explained. And as someone said before, they are complementary to each other.

Treppner's course is much fun because it feels like if you were playing a game, looking for the patterns, etc.

Britta's course is very repetitive but it is not boring, I think it is a good method for a beginner.

Treppner's course is very detailed when explaining all the techniques and how to put them into practice. They give you 2 examples of 2 complete Grand Tableau readings.

Treppner's course teaches you a few small lay-outs while Britta's focuses exclusively in the Grand Tableu.

Both are great!

Don't forget to look for the Treppner course in ebay as they used to post their course very cheap there. I don't know if they still do that.

Hope it helps.

anndelise

Thank You Both!!

You've explained what I needed to know.

I had already purchased both courses, I've just been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the links. (No small gift of knowledge waiting for me when I woke up :( ) Actually, the Brika one I purchased the compact course, so that will likely not be as comprehensive as you two described.

Maybe now, knowing that both of them seem worth the money spent, I can be a little more patient in my wait for the links to be sent to me. It would be easier if I just knew WHEN the emails were going to come in, instead of wondering if they're in yet and how long I'll have to wait, etc.

Also, you two have provided the best description I've seen yet, so that even if I hadn't already purchased either of them, I certainly would now.

again, thanks.

anndelise

It's here! It's here! It's here!

Sometimes impatience pays off. I went to the Treppner site and asked how long it would take for the emailed documents to come, and Iris Treppner sent them right then with an apology.

Now, off to study!!!

Astraea

I'm glad you ordered both courses, there'll be so much to explore and enjoy. I'm still learning from them, each time I go through the materials there's something that catches my attention anew, and also the more I practice, the more I get out of the course materials. Have fun with your courses, they're well worth the wait!

(Edited to add: Just saw your post about the Treppner course - so glad you have received it!)

anndelise

I am NOT happy.
The Brika-Verlag ebook has not been sent to me yet.
I ordered it on Monday, May 26, 2008.
I sent the payment to them immediately (via paypal).
Their email said to wait 2-4 business days after receipt of payment.
But I still haven't received the ebook yet.
I've written to them twice, but have received no response back.

At this time, I'm still willing to view it as an oversight.
But if I don't receive SOMEthing..an email or the ebook soon, I'm going to have to contact paypal to get my money back.

:(

Astraea

Hi Anndelise, I was wondering if you'd received your materials yet. Brika-Verlag impressed me as very professional and quality-oriented in my dealings with them, and I can't help but think that they'll contact you and send the materials very soon. Maybe their server is down or there has been some other kind of mishap -- whatever has happened, I hope it's remedied quickly.