A book for a beginner on Tarot de Marseille?

Aure

I've been doing searches here but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any good books for beginners who would like to learn Tarot de Marseille? As my french is pretty much on the beginner side and slightly rusty, a book in english would be better.

If there aren't any books, are there any sites etc. where I could get started?

jmd

A recent book which I read last year is quite good as a general overview of the Major Arcana, and its symbolism as rooted in Christian iconography - though the author unfortunately and incorrectly, given the context, numbers the un-numbered Fool.

The book is
  • Mark Hederman's Tarot: Talisman or Taboo? - reading the World as Symbol
isbn 1856079023

tmgrl2

jmd said:
A recent book which I read last year is quite good as a general overview of the Major Arcana, and its symbolism as rooted in Christian iconography - though the author unfortunately and incorrectly, given the context, numbers the un-numbered Fool.

The book is
  • Mark Hederman's Tarot: Talisman or Taboo? - reading the World as Symbol
isbn 1856079023

jmd...

Does this book cover the minors at all?

I liked Silvie Simon's overviews on the Majors in her book
The Tarot: Art, Mysticism and Divination

When she gets to the minors, she also does an overview on suit and numbers but when she does her quick summaries of the individual minors, the interpretations are close to thos of the Golden Dawn tradition.

I have the above book on order, but will wait to see if you add any additional information. Again, I still like my two French authors, Sedillot and Klea the best, but we do need more in English, especially on the minors.

The threads you have started on How May It Be Read? have been a great help. Thanks for pointing me to the Table of Contents under the Marseille Forum:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31857

Also, I still use O'Neill's information here at Tarot.com:

Hederman's book can be purchased used at Amazon.com's Marketplace for $10.00.

http://www.tarot.com/about-tarot/library/boneill/

terri

Flavio

I think it is not available yet but if you manage to find a version in the language which suits you better of the "La voie du Tarot" of Jodorowsky would be a good recommendation, is a great book to read as a beginner of the TofM. Got the spanish version as a christmas present and I'm totally chained to it :)

Clau

I agree with Flavio: I'm totally chained to Jodo's book too!