A Complete Guide to the Tarot

moonlight

Has anyone got this book? It's by Eden Grey.

I ordered it a few days ago and was interested in finding out what others think of the book?.

moonlight

I never did post what I thought of this book did I?

Well I thought that it was pretty dodgy. The explanation that the book offers of symbols and the discriptions of the cards is good, however i found the meanings of the cards to almost non existant.

I may as well have been reading from the little leaflet that comes with the RWS deck of cards. At the time that i bought this book I was only beginning to use the tarot and it didn't really help with my learning experience.

I ended up giving the book away and turning to websites for help with understanding the cards.

IMO this book was dodgy. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

Moonlight

Simone

lol, moonlight thanks for the update :)

I did not read the book so I cannot comment, I just would like to slip in a little remark about how I am always very wary of something that claims to be complete... ;)

BlueLotus

Simone said:
lol . . . , I just would like to slip in a little remark about how I am always very wary of something that claims to be complete... ;)

I believe it may not be fair to judge a book by its title.
In fact I had just ordered and waiting for The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals and I know it is a very good book from various reviews.

However, I agree about some complete titled... books such as The Complet Book of Fortune Telling which I bought at a bargain price of 2.95 $, and did not find it user friendly, but probably because it is a very old book indeed.

Simone

You're right :) I was exercising my funny bone which needs some more exercising methinks ;)

But actually only half kidding, starting from a basis of thinking:

"if tarot is indeed a mirror of the Universe, how can a book about it ever be complete?"

this is where my little remark came from, I hope you did not feel personally offended :)

moonlight

LOL looking at this post now maybe I was too harsh :p

But I still don't like it lol.