A custom made deck?

Lady Maria

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken their favorite cards from various decks to creat a deck from all different artists? There are certain cards in all 3 of my decks that I LOVE, and others I just can't stand. Has anyone tried blending them into one, and if so, how did it read?

Cheers, Maria

Emeraldgirl

Haven't tried it but it is an great idea. I think though that you would need to ensure that they are all the same size and that you paste an image over the backs of the cards so they are all the same.

blashamma

I haven't done it, but I did think of it. What I would have done is scan them into the computer and alter the sizes then print out. None of my decks are the exact same size! Oh no! Also, by doing it this way, I'd be able to use some of my virtual decks that I have.
Well, if you do it, let me know! I'd like to know how it works for you!

Hermina

I was just going to ask the same question. I have been feeling the urge to do that as well. I agree they would all have to be the same size. I think it's a great idea. It would make the tarot more personalized.

Lady Maria, why don't you try it and tell us how it goes? I would be eager to see how it works for you!

-H

Lady Maria

blashamma said:
What I would have done is scan them into the computer and alter the sizes then print out. None of my decks are the exact same size!

What a good idea blashamma, I didn't think of that! And making the backs, too.

I think I will try it, Hermina, but it may be a while, as I need to get a new printer, and it would end up being a bit of a project... But I'll definately keep you posted.

Cheers, Maria

TarotGirlJess

quote from Emeraldgirl Haven't tried it but it is an great idea. I think though that you would need to ensure that they are all the same size and that you paste an image over the backs of the cards so they are all the same.

Why? Why do the backs need to be the same? wouldn't they be ok normal? I'd be afraid any extra layer would peel off during the shuffle..
just asking. LOl i hope it didn't sound rude

Tarotgirl Jess

Mabuse

combined deck

For a while, I've had this idea of combining the minors of the Sola Busca deck with the majors (restored missing trumps of course) in a Visconti deck. A common size and back design would also be necessary.
This way, we'd have a "traditional" design with illustrated pips!