A Dog Called Winter...

annabubble

Hey,

I have no idea when it comes to interpreting dreams, but I have had two dreams on consecutive nights with only one element the same - a white greyhound with grey spots on it's back called Winter. In the dreams I was sitting with a few friends on hill near my house when the dog ran away from its owner and came to me. I tried to lead it back to it's owner who kept yelling at it to come (but never said its name which I just knew) and I lead it right back before turning to walk away, but it ran after me again and just would not leave me alone. It seemed almost like dream deja vu. I also got the feeling I knew the dog, as in real life, but when I asked my mum she said there are no greyhounds near us :confused:
Then, today, I was at a bike show and there was a greyhound rescue charity asking for donations which seems weirdly concidental.
And what's the significance of the name Winter, which seems like a really strange name for a greyhound?

So anyway, back to the point, if anyone has any insights whatsoever on this matter I would be eternally gratefully

Thanks,
anna x

celticnoodle

Hi Anna. your post caught my eye, and though I cannot be 100% certain I am on the right track, after reading your post, had to put my thoughts down.

first of all, greyhounds are symbols of speed, courage and wealth - wealth in friends and status more so then in money. they were often depicted with royalty and nobelmen, as well as with the goddess Hecate, (the goddess of wealth). the greyhounds are also symbolic of a surprise legacy from someone unknown to you. they are considered fortunate to see in dreams, and means that the friends you have are good friends to you.

so, I would say by your dream, and considering the Greyhound didn't want to leave your side, that you will find that the friends you have are good and true friends and there beside you when you really need them. they are your wealth! You will not lose their friendship especially in times of need. you are indeed blessed to have such friends beside you.

as for the name, "Winter". I think that is a good name for a greyhound, especially one that is white with gray spots on it! couldn't be more appropriate, don't you think?

Maybe the name is also important in your dream, and it may indicate that come this winter, when it is cold and gray outside you will truly need those friends to help you through something. I also found it interesting that you were already with your friends at the start of this dream--so it feels like the 'friends' are as important as the greyhound itself.

just some thoughts for you to ponder.

annabubble

Thank you very much, celticnoodle. You have given me a lot of new information about greyhounds :)
Definitely given me something to think about as well.

Thank you :)

anna x