A dream about my first crush

Meditarot

A very simple and a bit bittersweet dream, I wonder why I saw it just now.

Background:
I used to know a girl back when I was little. We grew up together through the elementary. We were both bullied and we supported each other through those, at times quite harsh years. At one point she moved from elementary to junior high and I followed her a year after. A year had passed at this point though, and I felt that she had changed a little. Heck, perhaps even I had changed.

With this new perspective I developed a crush on her but I never told her of my feelings. By high school she met a guy, they started dating, she moved out of town and later married and got kids. I never heard from her until she invited me to her wedding - this was over 5 years ago. After it I have heard from her only once: We texted and I helped her over the internet by text with a thing she was struggling with.
After this she confessed to me that even though she loves her fiancé, he's sometimes horrible at giving logic-based support and life advice; He's great at giving emotional support but sometimes one needs more than that. She said that this is what she liked the most about me. I thanked her for sharing her thoughts with me.
This conversation was half years ago.

The dream:

In the dream I stumbled upon her at the city street. Funny, thinking how she doesn't even live at the same part of the country than me. But dreams are like that.
We started chatting and conversated for some time, told how each of us is doing etc. I loved to see her face to face after such a long time. Her personality was so lifelike in the dream.

At one point she became silent and grabbed my hand gently. She said,

"You do know that I've always loved you?"

And like that, the dream ended.

Perhaps my subconscious had a hunch that she happened to care more about me too, but our paths simply ended up in different ways?

Life is like that.