A dream about my Labrador

Miss Woo

Last night I had a dream that my Labrador was a miniature Labrador - not a puppy but a tiny version of herself, like those Renaissance babies that are just adults in miniature LOL. And I found it very hard to look after her and keep track of where she was, she kept disappearing and it was very frustrating.

I might have dreamt this because I've been thinking of buying the Mini Rabbit Tarot deck for my Labrador (for questions about her health and well-being), but I'm wondering if the dream might be saying something else about her vulnerability as a little being who is my responsibility (small size in the dream) and my fear of losing her (as in her dying in real life). She's 12 years old and I often look at her body while she's sleeping to see if she's still breathing (and still alive!).

celticnoodle

Keeping in mind that you also did lose her once for many years, not knowing what happened to her, could be playing into your dream as well. You also sound like many a parent who have this fear of their children, even when their kids are no longer infants. Just keep on loving her and taking care of her in the way you are doing now, and you know you are doing all you can for her. She has a wonderful life with you, filled with love and fantastic spoiling care! I don't think I know of any other pet who gets quite the attention you give to your baby. So, just remember that you are doing all that you possibly can for her and more and be happy with that, Empress. She has a great life with you and she knows it.

Miss Woo

Keeping in mind that you also did lose her once for many years, not knowing what happened to her, could be playing into your dream as well.

Oh yes, of course! I didn't think of that!

You also sound like many a parent who have this fear of their children, even when their kids are no longer infants.

Yes, I suppose I do. My dogs are my babies.

Once I was watching a movie where a mother found her four year old son who had drowned, and all I could think about was my four year old male Pug, and it made me cry. I'd never felt that way before, but that's when I knew that they were 'my children'.

Just keep on loving her and taking care of her in the way you are doing now, and you know you are doing all you can for her. She has a wonderful life with you, filled with love and fantastic spoiling care! I don't think I know of any other pet who gets quite the attention you give to your baby. So, just remember that you are doing all that you possibly can for her and more and be happy with that, Empress. She has a great life with you and she knows it.

Thank you very much. Yes, my dogs mean the world to me :) :love: