a dream needing some analysis?

jade

does anyone have a dream that they would like analyzed? i have someone who needs one.............

post it here! in detail.

thanks
jade

Butterfly

My dream

Hi Jade, I really wouldn't post this- it's a superficial dream, but just a few hours I put a request out to the universe that I'd love to know the meaning of this dream. I'm sure it has more meaning...
Anyway, my parents won this amazing fabulous penthouse at the top of a building. It was completely opulent and luxurious- like nothing I had ever seen. I was just so happy for them and for all of us. I knew it meant the end of all of our worries and cares, that life would just be a bed of roses. There was enough room for my parents, my family and my sisters family all to live- in such staggering luxury! I kept thinking, great this is a major area of our life we can forget about, now I can just concentrate on what is really important. The penthouse was quite full of people when Mum showed me around- butler, doorman, cooks, people just touring through the house.
Now, I'm sure the dream can't be that superficial- surely it's about something, some important message I'm meant to get. Especially with your request coming just a couple of hours after I asked for help!

purplelady

Jade, your post has me confused. Is there someone who needs a dream analyzed but hasn't posted it here? Is it Butterfly's dream? Or do you want someone to post a dream so you or someone else can analyze it?
Butterfly , your dream sounds wonderful!

isthmus nekoi

Hi Butterfly,

That does sound like a lovely dream!

There's the whole wish fufillment angle which is pretty obvious, but like you said, there's probably more to that.

A penthouse is significant. Buildings are a conscious human construction, architecture as the psyche's structure concretized. (This may sound very hokey, but just recently, my friend was telling me that there were ideas for putting Toronto's subsidized housing *underground* - how awful! Talk about repression!) Obviously penthouse appts are not archtypal images but the idea of a tall building is - 2 things come to mind; a sort of 'high' consciousness and pent-house - which reminds me of pentacles/wealth. Maybe this is something you are actively trying to construct in your life. A penthouse doesn't necessarily mean financial security. ie Rider Waite's 10 of Pentacles and its connection to the Tree of Life...

Obviously there is more to dreams than we can ever understand - so meanings are never the end of the story when it comes to dreams... Dreams come and go and images evolve. To get a 'meaning' out of things, it's helpful to look for over-arching themes etc.

Hope this helps.

jade

purplelady said:
Jade, your post has me confused. Is there someone who needs a dream analyzed but hasn't posted it here? Is it Butterfly's dream? Or do you want someone to post a dream so you or someone else can analyze it?
Butterfly , your dream sounds wonderful!

yes, i'm attempting to get a dream from someone because it is needed for a dream analyzer....on a magazine...........i sent a copy of butterfly's dream to see if they want it and if they do, then i'll ask her if she wants to donate it (so to say) to have it analyzed.

i was in a real hurry when i posted this,........sorry.

so anyone with any dreams that they need analyzed....cause we also have the talented isthmus nekoi to interpret. (i'm a big fan!)

in light,
jade

Butterfly

Do what you like with my dream, Jade.
I should also mention that this dream obviously has a deeper meaning, because I still have an overwhelming feeling of peace and faith since I had it.
I had another very vivid dream, where I was in a large pool in the middle of a shopping centre. There were lot's of dolphins swimming around and people were yelling at me to get out because it was dangerous. A dolphin swam up to me and was letting me touch it. It said to me that they could never hurt me because I am one of them.
It's funny how my most vivid dreams always seem a little cliched or cringeworthy..........

jade

thanks butterfly!

did you get my email? :)

in light,
jade

isthmus nekoi

Thanks, jade! I'm very flattered, although I should mention that I am really a beginner when it comes to Jungian theory, history of archetypes, psychoanalysis etc. ^_^

If you need dreams that ppl have made public, try this page:
http://tcup.currentform.com although maybe you could ask the webmaster about using the dreams... Not sure if there are any policies about the site...
It's by a Flash designer. You can read a whole bunch of dreams and you click through in a non-linear fashion via keywords. Hm. That doesn't make much sense. Thankfully, the explanation is all there. You can also log in and add your dream to the collective.

okay, here's a weird snippet for you> I have half a dozen owls in my icebox/freezer. They live there and I have to find water for them - they're like plants with their talons in the dirt. :p I have my own ideas about this, but open to other interpretations!

You have a very wealthy dreamscape, Butterfly! First a penthouse now a mall :p As for lingering feelings - dreams have a way of reestablishing unity in the psyche. It's a sort of psychic homeostasis.

jade

no, i was looking for someone more personal to me rather than a stranger.....that's why i came here!!!

love
jade

Butterfly

isthmus nekoi said:

As for lingering feelings - dreams have a way of reestablishing unity in the psyche. It's a sort of psychic homeostasis.

what a fantastic way of putting it, Isthmus! That is exactly right- it's restored my sense of peace and abundance.
It's funny- in all of my years of studying psychology at uni- we never once learnt about dreams- only in the neurological sense- brainwaves and such. How much more effective as counselors would we be if we had learnt about using them in therapy!