A Family Affair-HELP!

GoddessArtemis

Hi everyone. I've posted here before and I'm back again to pick everyone's brains once more. :)

Here's the SUPER important story: I'm meeting my girlfriend's family (all of them--parents, grandparents, brother, etc!!) for the FIRST time this Thanksgiving, and I'm a nervous WRECK. Being a student of astrology, sometimes it helps me to at least know some astrological tid-bit about the unknown folks so I feel I have a handle on my anxiety...but I'm at a loss this time. Without being TOO obvious with my girlfriend, I've slowly been able to ween little info about her parents birthdates, but only as far as the date..no times. :(

I'm sharing the data here in the hopes that some of you might have feedback--hopefully some positive ones!--as to how her family may react to me. Based on astrology alone, is there way to at least get some idea whether her family members will like me or not, hate me, not get along with me? Is there a particular way I should behave the first time (besides obviously being nice) to ensure a good first-impression? I've already tried to ask my partner these things, but it makes her anxious to talk about it, so I'm going on very little and feel very nervous about it. Any astrological feedback would be terrific!

PLEASE help, this would mean SO much to me! If you need more info about me or my parnter's charts, please ask!

Thanks. :D

Here's all the data I have available; it dwindles as I get to her parents:

ME: Pisces Sun-5th house/Sag Moon-2nd/Scorpio Ascendant-1st/Mercury Aries-5th/Jupiter Capricorn-3rd; 11th House, Virgo

MY PARTNER: Sag Sun-11th/Taurus Moon-4th/Capricorn Ascendant-1st/Mercury Capricorn-12th/Jupiter Aries-3rd; 11th House, Sag (She has a twin brother, born 5 minutes after her...)

HER MOM: Scorpio Sun/Scorpio OR Sag Moon (this is a total guess; I don't know birth time or exact location)/possibly Aquarius Ascendant (d.o.b.: 11/10/50 in Southern CA)

HER DAD: Virgo Sun, cusping Libra (9/21/49 in So. California)/Virgo Moon--MAYBE/Sagittarius Ascendant--again, a guess...

Remember, I've never met these folks!! What do you all think??

isthmus nekoi

First off, Goddess, breathe and relax.... If you go to this party feeling all nervous thinking: my god, dad's a Virgo sun opposing my Piscean one etc this is horrible, you're setting yourself up for a fall. Or Mom's a Scorpio trine my Piscean sun, she's going to love me - same problem there.

Besides, astrological charts aren't going to tell you whether someone's going to like or hate you off the bat. Sometimes the hard aspects make for a serious connection. Sometimes nice ones are just... meh.

Be considerate and calm and that's the best you can do - if the parents still don't like you, it really doesn't matter what their charts look like. This is only my opinion, but try not to get hung up about the charts... You sound like you really care about your gf and that's more important....

GoddessArtemis

isthmus, I do care about her a lot. And she cares about me a lot. And she cares about what her parents will think, and even when she denies that's the case...I know she does.

Hence my dilemma in going nuts AND thinking exactly what you said: which, btw, made me laugh...

Dad's a Virgo, darn it; opposite my Pisces; Mom's a Scorpio...she'll either love or hate me. Twin brother will either love or hate me, too, as the sister (my girlfriend) loves me. :)

Good call. LOL. Yikes, I AM nervous...

Even so, do you think they'll love me or hate me...? ;)

isthmus nekoi

I wouldn't base anything ideas on sun sign alone. As for how things will go, remember you have the power to present yourself in the most flattering light by having faith in yourself, and also in the knowledge that your gf loves you - regardless of what those rocks spinning in the sky are doing.

Good luck w/the meeting!

starsongs

isthmus nekoi said:
I wouldn't base anything ideas on sun sign alone. As for how things will go, remember you have the power to present yourself in the most flattering light by having faith in yourself, and also in the knowledge that your gf loves you - regardless of what those rocks spinning in the sky are doing.

Good luck w/the meeting!

So True, isthmus nekoi! Good Luck, Goddess Artemis :)

GoddessArtemis

I agree with you both, but you know how the saying goes: desperate times call for desperate measures. And yep, you guessed it! Need I say more?

Even so, I can't help but want to get a a leg up on the situation...maybe I'll do a tarot spread and post it in the other section of the forum, see what gives. :) But if anyone else has input on the astrological aspects of this, don't be shy!