A ghost theory, or something like that.

queenxofxwands

Hi all, I had a rather unusual experience a few years ago, that has led me to wonder if all spirits are from another realm, or, if some of them ( at least ) are us. While we sleep. Here is what happened.
I had a dream, where I went to visit someone I know, only, in my dream I was flying around him, I guess as you could say someone of fairy size might, only I didn't sense that I had any particular form, more like a ball of light or energy really, but not in an intense way. I could see where he was, the other people, objects etc in great detail,what was going on, also what he was wearing. In this dream it felt like I was there to make sure he was o.k, you know, just flying around checking things out, and when I was satisfied all was o.k, I left.
When I woke up, I thought, I must tell him about it because, what a crazy fanciful dream to have and we could probably get a good laugh out of it.
So I sent him a lengthy text describing all that went on. There was no laughter about it. He called, and told me that everything I described, was real, and true, and this was where he had been the night of my dream. Right down to what he was wearing, which he said, was something that didn't even belong to him, he had borrowed the outfit. He then told me, that while he was there, he felt a bit unsafe and so asked for protection, at which point he felt a light energy come in and felt much better. We talked about it for a long time, but both ended up hanging up very confused.
I spent a lot of time after our conversation trying to rationalise the whole thing, but, then started to wonder, what really happens when we sleep? Does our spirit become available to those who are awake? Do we become protectors, advisors, that voice in their ear? Do we pass on knowledge we can only access in that state?

Sulis

Maybe you were experiencing astral projection..

celticnoodle

I spent a lot of time after our conversation trying to rationalise the whole thing, but, then started to wonder, what really happens when we sleep? Does our spirit become available to those who are awake? Do we become protectors, advisors, that voice in their ear? Do we pass on knowledge we can only access in that state?

What you described here sounds like an out of body experience, or also known as traveling astrally. Many people have had this experience, (I have as well) and many would love to have this experience, but never have. It often happens for people when they are sleeping and/or meditating.

I believe that when your body is so very relaxed, the astral body is able to leave the physical body to travel. You are still 'connected' to your physical body by a "cord" it is said, however, I have never seen a cord while experiencing my travels.

Traveling in this way is not to be feared. If you ever became fearful of where you are traveling, you will immediately be brought right back to your physical body. Sometimes when your astral body does reunite with your physical body--you can feel it coming back. I have felt this as well, while sleeping, and it has made my body feel like it is jumping sort of.

It is an interesting experience and sometimes you can make it happen as well. I'd advise you to google about astral traveling, grab some books on the subject and search for posts here on A.T. on the subject, so you can understand it more. If you are interested in repeating this experience as well--it may be to your advantage to understand it fully.

queenxofxwands

Hi, thanks Sulis and celticnoodle,
Yes, I understand that it was some kind of traveling while I was asleep, because of the confirmation that can't be denied, but, more because of the reason I was there, that being, to protect, or make sure he was o.k., is what is really making me wonder, are we ( us humans ) part of this spirit world that we find so mysterious. Do we, when we sleep, go around astrally/etherically helping people, do we become spirit guides, do we become ghosts sometimes, to others who are awake? Have you ever had a traveling experience where you recall that happening? And what of the ones we don't recall at all? I remember a couple of times returning from a journey, but in both I became conscious only when very near to my home, so, where had I been, and what had I been doing? Are we the poltergeists? Surely if we are in the realm of spirit when we sleep, then we would be contributing. I haven't yet found anything that discusses this aspect of it, that's why I posted this. Also, from what I have read so far, astral traveling seems to imply visiting alternate realities, which I did not do, as this was happening in reality. If anyone does know of any discussions in the area of the role we have in the astral plane, (if that's even the right word) please point me to them.

EmpressArwen

You definitely astral traveled.

Ok. So ghosts are different than this. "Ghosts" in my opinion are spirits without a body. They are former living people. What you did, again in my opinion, is leave your body in spirit form. You did it while asleep because your spirit heard the call from your friend. Now that you know you can do this asleep, it will not be hard to do while awake in a meditative state. But regardless, you are alive so you are not a ghost, even in spirit form.

Some people are called to do this, for a variety of reasons. I've had to do this many, many times in clearings/healings. It's the only way for me, that I know of, to connect to the issue at hand...especially in a clearing situation.

It is my belief that there are many dimensions but all are woven together. To astrally travel, you aren't really going somewhere else, some place "other", you are accessing what is right here but hidden behind the veil. In other words, If you are in a room divided by a curtain, and you lift that curtain and walk to the other side of it, you are still in the same room. Only your perspective has changed.

And yes,of course we are part of the spiritual world...I believe we are all called to be a part of it in different ways. My journey in the physical world isn't going to be the same as the next person, and so it is with the spiritual. My personal journey seems to be in the area of clearings and seeing...I don't know why that is but have been shown it many times...yours may be as a comforter, protector, healer, seer, medium, etc...only you can know...and only you will know when it's time.

I hope this helps. If you want to know more about my personal path, I would be more than happy to share it with you in PM. :)

ETA...As for your question about being seen as ghosts when we travel, whether we do so in dreams or while awake...definitely possible, especially if the person is a sensitive, as in can see spirits. I don't see why not. :)

celticnoodle

Hi, thanks Sulis and celticnoodle,
Yes, I understand that it was some kind of traveling while I was asleep, because of the confirmation that can't be denied, but, more because of the reason I was there, that being, to protect, or make sure he was o.k., is what is really making me wonder, are we ( us humans ) part of this spirit world that we find so mysterious. Do we, when we sleep, go around astrally/etherically helping people, do we become spirit guides, do we become ghosts sometimes, to others who are awake?

As EmpressArwen mentioned, we are not ghosts. Ghosts are spirits--the spirit of a deceased person. When you go to sleep or are meditation and do this type of astral traveling, it is because your mind is still and quiet. You 'heard' the call of your friend and went to him to check on him. Sometimes this can happen even without a call from the person. I have gone to my daughters home 600+ miles away from us, and she wasn't even thinking of me, let alone calling me or in any kind of distress. but, I had the same sort of experience you did. In fact, my two granddogs even saw me! She and her hubby didn't see me though.

Also as EA mentioned, some people have the calling to do this and some do not. Are you the type of person who looks to help others? Are you an empath, perhaps? I'm not saying you need to be an empath to astral travel, just thinking of why you probably answered the call for your friend. I'm kind of just thinking out loud here.

Have you ever had a traveling experience where you recall that happening?
yes, I have--and mentioned one of my experiences above here. I've many more experiences where I have even traveled across an ocean to a friends home, that I had never been in before, nor have I ever seen pictures of the home. But, I was able to describe it to her in detail, as well as what was going on in her home at the time.

And what of the ones we don't recall at all? I remember a couple of times returning from a journey, but in both I became conscious only when very near to my home, so, where had I been, and what had I been doing? Are we the poltergeists?

no, we are not poltergeists. We are just spiritual living beings who have the ability to astral travel. As for not recalling other travels--yes, that occurs as well. Do you remember each and every tarot reading you do? I know I don't. Which seems to perplex some of my customers--but, I don't!

Surely if we are in the realm of spirit when we sleep, then we would be contributing. I haven't yet found anything that discusses this aspect of it, that's why I posted this. Also, from what I have read so far, astral traveling seems to imply visiting alternate realities, which I did not do, as this was happening in reality. If anyone does know of any discussions in the area of the role we have in the astral plane, (if that's even the right word) please point me to them.
no, astral taveling is not visting alternate realities only. astral traveling can be traveling anywhere at anytime--future, past and present. I've done it all. Traveling into the future is far more freaky then the past or present time. :laugh: Not freaky as in terrifying--but knowing what is going to happen before it actually does! Now, THAT is a bit freaky.

I recently got rid of pretty much all my books and definitely all the ones I had on astral traveling--so I can't tell you which books I've read over the years that I found helpful. However, keep reading up on it whenever and where ever you can. Its interesting and can be fun too.

queenxofxwands

You definitely astral traveled.

Ok. So ghosts are different than this. "Ghosts" in my opinion are spirits without a body. They are former living people. What you did, again in my opinion, is leave your body in spirit form. You did it while asleep because your spirit heard the call from your friend. Now that you know you can do this asleep, it will not be hard to do while awake in a meditative state. But regardless, you are alive so you are not a ghost, even in spirit form.

Some people are called to do this, for a variety of reasons. I've had to do this many, many times in clearings/healings. It's the only way for me, that I know of, to connect to the issue at hand...especially in a clearing situation.

It is my belief that there are many dimensions but all are woven together. To astrally travel, you aren't really going somewhere else, some place "other", you are accessing what is right here but hidden behind the veil. In other words, If you are in a room divided by a curtain, and you lift that curtain and walk to the other side of it, you are still in the same room. Only your perspective has changed.

And yes,of course we are part of the spiritual world...I believe we are all called to be a part of it in different ways. My journey in the physical world isn't going to be the same as the next person, and so it is with the spiritual. My personal journey seems to be in the area of clearings and seeing...I don't know why that is but have been shown it many times...yours may be as a comforter, protector, healer, seer, medium, etc...only you can know...and only you will know when it's time.

I hope this helps. If you want to know more about my personal path, I would be more than happy to share it with you in PM. :)

ETA...As for your question about being seen as ghosts when we travel, whether we do so in dreams or while awake...definitely possible, especially if the person is a sensitive, as in can see spirits. I don't see why not. :)

Hi, thanks for replying, I really appreciate the input, and I get what you're saying about ghosts being deceased persons, but as you said in your eta, it is possible for others to see the "travelers" as such, if they are not aware that they are seeing travelers, well that's what I'm thinking anyway. And if they are not aware that they are "travelers", and the "traveler" being in the zone as it were, with access to all the information it contains, was to (for want of better words) stop and have a chat with them and pass along information, they would then perhaps see them as a spirit guide of sorts, and may even have an ongoing relationship with them in that capacity. I'm not saying every spirit guide/ghost/entity is, just that I think it's entirely possible that some indeed are. And I can certainly imagine grumpy teenagers or even adults, entering the zone and causing trouble in various ways, scaring people etc. As for doing it when I'm awake, hmm, can't say I really have the desire lol, but maybe that's how we get the information that's otherwise unavailable in reality anyway,via that unconscious link to it that can be drawn from. Perhaps we are all doing it while awake, just on an unconscious level, like breathing or talking or blinking.
We sleep for a rather long time, sometimes we remember stuff, most of it we don't. The idea that we spend 8 hours,or however long, in the astral plane just wandering around aimlessly sightseeing until it's time to wake up, I can't see it. It's an interactive environment.:)
Thanks also for your explanation of the room and veil it was very helpful, and also for your pm offer :)

queenxofxwands

As EmpressArwen mentioned, we are not ghosts. Ghosts are spirits--the spirit of a deceased person. When you go to sleep or are meditation and do this type of astral traveling, it is because your mind is still and quiet. You 'heard' the call of your friend and went to him to check on him. Sometimes this can happen even without a call from the person. I have gone to my daughters home 600+ miles away from us, and she wasn't even thinking of me, let alone calling me or in any kind of distress. but, I had the same sort of experience you did. In fact, my two granddogs even saw me! She and her hubby didn't see me though.
Hi, thanks for your input here, as Ive said above to EmpressArwen, I really do appreciate it, I've been thinking about this for a long time, and this is the first discussion I've initiated about it with people I don't really know. My apologies too, as I don't think I explained what I meant very well in my opening post, and that is, I know we are not ghosts or poltergeists in reality, but, that whilst "traveling" we may be perceived as such, being in spirit form, and likewise perceive others as such, because we may be unaware that it is a traveler. Also, that while we are there unconsciously, are we even aware that we are traveling, or do we just go about our business as usual, which, when being a part of that realm, could be anything.

Also as EA mentioned, some people have the calling to do this and some do not. Are you the type of person who looks to help others? Are you an empath, perhaps? I'm not saying you need to be an empath to astral travel, just thinking of why you probably answered the call for your friend. I'm kind of just thinking out loud here.
I don't know if I have a calling to do it, but I was wondering if I'm on call while I'm asleep after that lol. I have had other dreams that were of a similar nature, but the people involved were none that I know in reality, so I cannot prove it.

yes, I have--and mentioned one of my experiences above here. I've many more experiences where I have even traveled across an ocean to a friends home, that I had never been in before, nor have I ever seen pictures of the home. But, I was able to describe it to her in detail, as well as what was going on in her home at the time.
Wow that's amazing! As I mentioned above, I have had other dreams that I suspect were traveling, but my only source of proof for that, was frantically googling maps and street views of the country and town I had been in, looking for a particular house. Some I found, some I gave up on . A question about your experiences, have you ever had one ( or maybe many) where you go to someone and interact, talk to them for example?

no, we are not poltergeists. We are just spiritual living beings who have the ability to astral travel. As for not recalling other travels--yes, that occurs as well. Do you remember each and every tarot reading you do? I know I don't. Which seems to perplex some of my customers--but, I don't!
Hopefully I have explained better about the poltergeist ghost thing now :)
As for remembering readings, no way! But I do know that I do them, or that I did do them :D And that really is my whole reason for pondering this, because I get the feeling, that we are doing something there, and its not buying tourist gifts.

no, astral taveling is not visting alternate realities only. astral traveling can be traveling anywhere at anytime--future, past and present. I've done it all. Traveling into the future is far more freaky then the past or present time. :laugh: Not freaky as in terrifying--but knowing what is going to happen before it actually does! Now, THAT is a bit freaky.
I often travel into the future during readings, and sometimes just randomly, but in the form of watching it as if on a movie screen, yeah, freaks me out every time, not in a bad way, but I don't know that I'll ever see it as normal lol. You know you've been there if it happens exactly as you saw it. I never felt like I went anywhere though, more like it came to me, so perhaps not traveling, hmm.

I recently got rid of pretty much all my books and definitely all the ones I had on astral traveling--so I can't tell you which books I've read over the years that I found helpful. However, keep reading up on it whenever and where ever you can. Its interesting and can be fun too.

I shall do, I am nowhere near finished with this rabbit hole :) Thanks again

mingbop

But we are all spirit. Living, we are spirit in an earthly body....passed, we are pure spirit with no need of a body. People with dementia and in a coma can come through to mediums, therefore they are able to cross back and forward between the two worlds.
To me, your experience could be explained by a strong psychic bond between two people, enabling you to be with him subconsciously while your conscious body was asleep.
Don't ask me to explain that further lol because I couldn't :)

celticnoodle

You are right, mingbop. It also explains how 'mom's (mostly it seems) will know when their children need them--or when they are up to no good. Or were hurt. Sometimes it happens with dads too--or just between two people who are very close. That strong psychic bond you spoke of.

And, yes, people are spirits too--but I think what we were saying is that we are not 'ghostly' spirits. And, yes, people with dementia or those in a coma can come through to mediums and also people with whom they have that psychic bond with. Happens a lot.