A great new book for Thoth users

MystiqueMoonlight

Those of you who are really dedicated to your Thoth as I am, here's a great book which apparently is an updated reissue it's called "The Tarot Handbook - Practical Applications of Ancient Visual Symbols" by Angeles Arrien ISBN 0-87477-895-6

It describes the symbolism on each and every card rather than giving card meanings and so much more, following is a brief of the index:-

I introduction
II Tarot as a book of wisdom and a map of consciousness
III The Major Arcana - Twenty two universal principles, laws, teachings, archetypes
IV Symbols of Royalty- Sixteen types of self mastery mirrored by important people in our lives
V Minor Arcana - Symbolic representations of life's opportunties and challenges
VI A review - Nine archetypal constellations found within the Tarot
VII Methodology - the Tarot profile
VIII Ways of working with Tarot
Appendix A - Symbols glossary
Appendix B - Summary of all cards
Appendix C - Historical tracing of Tarot cards

It's a large book and is very concise. You see the Thoth in an entirely enriching prospective. I encourage anyone who works with Thoth to get this book :)

Keslynn

I just bought the older version of this book. Hopefully she didn't change it that much! I agree with MM, this is a really good book for understanding the Thoth. It helped me get a clue, and I'm hoping to start using the Thoth for readings soon.

:) Kes

Phoenix

I really want to get a book on the Thoth tarot, but don't know which one, cuz I don't want to get one that is a ard read.

How does Angeles Arrien read, Mystique??

MystiqueMoonlight

Phoenix,

It is one of those types of books which I would use the word "compelling". It is very clear and concise without a lot of dribble. The way the author writes about each card and their relation to each other makes you just want to turn to the next page to learn some more...

You know how some of these books are either so hum drum you become bored or they try to be real academic you just can't get a grip on it??? This is not one of those..it's really great :) :) :)

Phoenix

Thanks for the feed back Mystique...I'll put this deck on my wish list!

evangelion

Dear MystiqueMoonlight,

Thank you SO, SO, SO much for introducing me to another great book on the Thoth deck. I've had the deck for about a year now and it's never been fully understood by me. I've read quite a few other books, including of course The Book of Thoth by the man himself who needs no introduction, but I still cant get past some of the complex symbolism that's used. This book sounds like it could be a great help though, thanks! :)

evangelion

Wow! Oh, yes! I just got the book at a local B & N the other day. It's awesome! There's alot of information in here, and it's all useful too! I like the "constellations" in the back and the daily spread chart is nice. Overall I'd have to give this book a hefty 5 star, superb rating! Anyone who's trying to learn the Thoth deck needs this book. Thanks again MystiqueMoonlight! :)

MystiqueMoonlight

Enjoy the book Evangelion!!