A ladybug visiting twice

Lioness79

three days ago I saw a 18 dotted brown colored ladybug in my home against the window above the main entrance. I wanted to let it free and released it outside after counting the dots. I remembered this ladybug because of one strange dot on its right wing, it was more of a stain instead of a dot.
Today I captured the SAME 18-dotted-brown-colored-strange-stain-ladybug above the main entrance. So odd, I immediatelly released it again outside but regretted it later. Maybe it ill come back again :)

What could something like that mean ?

Yineth

My logic-side of the brain is saying the ladybug probably likes your house/area, because it may be a good source of its food and so on.

My not-so-logic based side says luck is coming. I forgot what ladybugs meant, but I think it related something to luck and good fortune?

Lioness79

well let it be much much much luck :D I could really use it at the moment :)

celticnoodle

You are correct, Yineth. A lady bug in the house IS an omen of good luck coming to those in the home.

Don't ever kill them, do just as you did, Lioness, and scoop it up gently and release them outside--or, if you do not mind them being in your home, leave them be. they eat bugs--mainly spiders, so I do not disturb them, unless we get TONS of them.

In our VT house, we once had a HUGE dark spot in the corner of a room. Upon closer inspection, we realized we had hundreds of ladybugs, all together in that spot! My husband had to get a piece of paper to scoop them all up and take them outside to release. :laugh:

If we were to get that many again, I think I would surely release them outside, but I only see them on occasion and knowing they eat the dreadful spiders, I leave them be, gratefully! To me, that is luck enough having their help with spiders! :D

psychicpaula

ladybird meaning x 2

I believe that ladybirds signify hope. and in your case (because the same ladybird came to you twice) i would say that it means that a situation in which you are currently involved (dates relate to dots) will come up with two hopeful helpful options.. where previously no hope may have existed..thats my theory for wots its worth

i do not base this on nothing.. my auntie received a ladybird in a bouquet of flowers when she had twins.. (they were both tiny and fighting for their lives as both were premature) - the ladybird stayed and when one of the babies sadly passed it stayed until the day the other baby was taken home from the hospital.. then it just disappeared...

i like to think that it was an omen of hope that as long as the ladybird stayed with them then the baby who was also very tiny had a hope of living.

dont wanna spook anyone here but it is a true story.. and i believe that we all need to have hope at some times in our lives that despite everyday problems something will happen that is right simply because we did not give up hope.

hugs and love
paula x

Lioness79

:D
What a inspiring story paula, thk you for sharing! :)
And fortunatelly I am not afraid of spiders celticnoodle :D
We will see what hapens in the next days/weeks :)

Thk you all

Milfoil

Ladybirds do have an association with good luck here in Europe but ours don't eat Spiders, they seem to predate aphids mostly. In fact spiders often eat Ladybugs!

http://www.lostladybug.org/files/9 LLP All About LadybugsPDF.pdf

Some info about the lore surrounding Ladybirds/bugs:

http://www.celticbug.com/Legends/Lore.html

Folklore suggests if you catch a Ladybug in your home, count the number
of spots and that's how many dollars you'll soon find.

During the Pioneer days, if a family found a Ladybug in their log cabin
during the winter, it was considered a "Good Omen".

:)

Yineth

Well killing ladybugs/birds is not a wise decision folk-lore or not.

Because... They stink when they're killed 0____0!!

So be wary about that :)