A Narcissist's Response

Ruby Jewel

I did a Lenormand reading on an email I sent to an old friend accusing him of narcissistic abuse and cutting him out of my life permanently. I would greatly appreciate some help in understanding the reading. The question was "how will he react to my email?" I drew 5 cards in the following order:

21 Mountain
36 Cross
11 Whip
10 Scythe
33 Key

My thoughts on this are that he will suffer (cross) from a stubborn (mountain) nastiness (whip) and cut off a very important karmic relationship (scythe & key). But, of course, I have already cut it off, so I am wondering how this might be interpreted....narcissists always need to be the one doing the cutting off, so I anticipate a great deal of anger and hostility here...as is shown by these cards. Also, I feel like this might be a confirmation of his narcisstic disorder. Thanks for any help.

CosmicBeing

21 Mountain
36 Cross
11 Whip
10 Scythe
33 Key

Just alternative view

Mountain may mean just a delay
Whip might indicate an argumentative way about him.
Cross might indicate burdensome/difficult
Scythe might indicate just sharp words since it is near whip and whip can be about arguments. Scythe also means painful.
Key also indicate answers

It could be there be a delay in him answering you (mountain+key)...This delay will bring about a difficult/burdensome argument (cross+whip)...difficulty that is painful (cross+scythe)...argument that is painful/harsh (whip+scythe) a painful answer (scythe+answer)

Whatever their response is....it won't be pleasant and may even be cold.
Key to me would more likely indicate a response. It is a card about response and answers.

Ruby Jewel

21 Mountain
36 Cross
11 Whip
10 Scythe
33 Key

Just alternative view

Mountain may mean just a delay
Whip might indicate an argumentative way about him.
Cross might indicate burdensome/difficult
Scythe might indicate just sharp words since it is near whip and whip can be about arguments. Scythe also means painful.
Key also indicate answers

It could be there be a delay in him answering you (mountain+key)...This delay will bring about a difficult/burdensome argument (cross+whip)...difficulty that is painful (cross+scythe)...argument that is painful/harsh (whip+scythe) a painful answer (scythe+answer)

Whatever their response is....it won't be pleasant and may even be cold.
Key to me would more likely indicate a response. It is a card about response and answers.

I anticipate a lot of pain....it is his modus operandi when he is angry....very smart college professor and a lawyer. A stubborn Taurus the bull with a Leo Lion Moon and a Cancer crab ascendent...sensitive, stubborn, and a fiery Mars in Aries and Moon in Leo. So there is a formidable ego here with a Cancer crab who "strikes" hard. He never loses a court case....but he lost this one because I saw through it finally. Thank you for your interpretation. It is an eye opener giving a much broader perspective than I was able to find myself. I am relatively new to Lenormand.

Since I know how upsetting his reply will be, and particularly since I have closed the door already and do not want to reopen it and maintain contact, nor do I want an answer to anything at this point....I am not planning to read his response. I have put a block on his email.

zhadee

I did a Lenormand reading on an email I sent to an old friend accusing him of narcissistic abuse and cutting him out of my life permanently. I would greatly appreciate some help in understanding the reading. The question was "how will he react to my email?" I drew 5 cards in the following order:

21 Mountain
36 Cross
11 Whip
10 Scythe
33 Key
I tend to read the Mountain as 'No', left to the Cross is becoming less important, right to the cross is becoming more important. Whip Is talking. Scythe might be a cut, a reaping and a separation. The Key is 'Yes'.

He might ignore your 'no', in order to let you know that in fact he already has cut you from his life.

CosmicBeing

thanx for his feedback

scythe+key
Don't expect his answer to be anything of regret...expect him to most likely cut deep. He might know your weak spots and will use that to hurt you....But, I don't see him as someone to hold onto this interaction because of how harsh these cards are.

He might not be the type to really create attachments with people easily.

Ruby Jewel

I tend to read the Mountain as 'No', left to the Cross is becoming less important, right to the cross is becoming more important. Whip Is talking. Scythe might be a cut, a reaping and a separation. The Key is 'Yes'.

He might ignore your 'no', in order to let you know that in fact he already has cut you from his life.

No doubt he will come back with that, as that is a major NPD tactic, and it is an interesting point because the whole thing started because I was the first to make the "cut" and he came back with an immediate cutoff on his email which was so shocking that I started doubting myself. When I discovered that is what narcissists do because they have to be the ones to do the cutting...it opened my eyes to all the other NPD tactics he was using on me in anger because I didn't buy into his "love bombing" BS. This person has always come up as the Fox in 90% of the readings I have done on this issue. At this point, I am most happy to let him feel the satisfaction of having made the cut himself...as long as he stays away.

Ruby Jewel

thanx for his feedback

scythe+key
Don't expect his answer to be anything of regret...expect him to most likely cut deep. He might know your weak spots and will use that to hurt you....But, I don't see him as someone to hold onto this interaction because of how harsh these cards are.

He might not be the type to really create attachments with people easily.

Thanks again. This guy has been love bombing me for 35 years...screwing up my life. When it quit going his way and his ego got hurt he got quite cruel and that is when I started to see who he really is. I'm not going to let him get to me. I'm not reading his emails answering the phone or his listening to his messages. He will get mean because I finally put the onus squarely on his shoulders...instead of mine. He doesn't do "regret".... so he will be extremely cruel as is his way when he is thwarted. I have the most wonderful feeling of being free from this...don't know why it took me so long. I was warned by a beautiful Scorpio woman once who saw through him immediately as being a very angry person. Aren't the cards amazing!! They are telling it like it is. In fact the reason I wrote the email is because I want to make sure he does not try to come back again....as NPD's tend to do that. Thanks so much for your input here. And btw, he lives in another state thank goodness.

Padma

Scythe and Key = successful end of communication or affair. And an ending that is the answer to your prayers, because Key is super positive. Paired with Scythe, it looks like the answer to your question "how will he react to my email?" is that in the end, he will give you what you want - freedom from his burdensome ego. And as Key is a positive answer card, it means you will feel quite liberated :)

PS it also suggests being harsh, quick, and unrepentant (i.e. clean cut) is the answer to the problem.

Barleywine

So . . . four negatives make a positive? Let's take it by the book, which seems pretty much on-point to me.

Mountain + Cross = at the end of your rope
Cross + Whip = unavoidable conflict
Whip + Scythe = cancellation
Scythe + Key = necessary decision

The whole line suggests separating the "bad" (Mountain-Cross-Whip-Scythe) from the "good" (Key), with the Scythe cutting you loose from a "no win" situation.

Ruby Jewel

Scythe and Key = successful end of communication or affair. And an ending that is the answer to your prayers, because Key is super positive. Paired with Scythe, it looks like the answer to your question "how will he react to my email?" is that in the end, he will give you what you want - freedom from his burdensome ego. And as Key is a positive answer card, it means you will feel quite liberated :)

PS it also suggests being harsh, quick, and unrepentant (i.e. clean cut) is the answer to the problem.

Thanks Padma. I have already seen the coldness in him which was quite a shock so it would not surprise me if he just moves on without creating a problem. He doesn't stoop to communicate so one never knows what he is thinking, which is why it took me so long to see his game. I have been suspicious for some time that he is a narcissist so it has been an education for me. The cards I drew most often for him were Child and Fox. NPDs are noted for being immature, so I think both cards implicate this problem