A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

Debra, that's great reasoning. I always give myself permission if the deck is small... tiptoes out before rotten vegetables are thrown.

Le Fanu

Even better, if you get something in trading, it is as if you bought nothing at all!

No shrink-wrap; immediate absolution

gregory

OK - back to the point you frightful people.

Noodle slapping is the way to go, and the Pictorial Key is Just Awful. Figures done in Poser and it shows. And they STILL manage to look rigid. And the colours are flat.

As for you, debra - I am going to Walmart in a minute and shall buy a special punishment for you, for your SHOCKING idea.

And a government that enables with tax breaks - we need to pack their next election.

REALLY. I am appalled. Shame on the LOT of you. Anton, you are clearly a Bad Influence and you get to stand in the corner for - I dunno - 6 threads..... I am so disappointed in you - you seemed like such a promising newb. Are you really a TG plant ?

Sulis

Quick moddie note

Sneaking in here..

Can I echo gregory's request to get back to de-enabling?

So can we please get back to posting about decks we do not want to buy and to de-enabling people from buying those decks?

Chatty posts really need to go in Chat not Tarot Decks and further off topic posts will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis - co-moderator - Tarot Decks.

Starshower

Quantum help needed urgently.

I do not yet have the Quantum Tarot.
Although beautiful, I thought it was too far removed from imagery that I could relate to.
But after looking & lusting again (for purely aesthetic reasons, you understand,) I am suddenly gripped by intriguement.
Worse: having just got a refund from my phone company, who have been overcharging me for months & causing no end of trouble, I now have a wee bit of cash & feel I NEED this deck as a reward / compensation.

Is my fall inevitable, or is there any hope?

Just to show how desperate my case is, I've even started reading up on quantum physics / populist science sites ... HELP!

cardlady22

Starshower said:
I do not yet have the Quantum Tarot.

Is my fall inevitable, or is there any hope?

Just to show how desperate my case is, I've even started reading up on quantum physics / populist science sites ... HELP!

Yes, this deck is Art & Science at its most insidious. The ultimate marketing tool to drum up new readers and subscriptions to the scientific publications. Notice that it took a respectable #7 in the Top Ten! I am resisting its pull with all of my being. And that's hard as a long-time subscriber to Discover & Popular Science.

Using refunded money to reward yourself is a cheap ploy by the utility company. They should owe you interest, you know. Don't let yourself be lulled into forgiving them. Hold out for the big bucks and buy your own awesome telescope!

Starshower

Hmmm ... but I already do subscribe to New Scientist & read Scientific American ... even go to my local astronomy society's star-watching parties w telescopes etc (hence my name.)
Oh dear, this isn't working.

Thanks, Cardlady, but I sense that you too are feeling the pull of The Devil's black hole of irresistable gravity ... once we're in there, there's no escape ...

SOS!!!

Is this a bad Tarot? How is it for readings?
Does it ever get its science wrong (glimmer of hope)?
Does it have a sense of humour?

gregory

Very pretty. But no sense of humour AT ALL, and I haven't managed to read with it yet. And I bet the silver edges will wear off, and although I don't mind decks not having such things. I do mind them having them and wearing off; that way I LOSE something I paid for.

And don't bother reading up the physics. You still won't get it.

Buy chocolate. (gregory's diet fell over :D If YOU are on a diet - send it to me.)

cardlady22

I do think that we can't possibly judge whether the Quantum gets its science wrong, when the scientists themselves don't even have a handle on this!

The one negative review on Amazon helped me a bit:
"yet another poor and unethical attempt to exploit the new, pseudo-scientific language common among New Agers in describing Tarot, in the hopes of making people think they're on the cutting edge of quantum mechanics by purchasing the deck. ~ by Lightlore Books"

I can't jump on bandwagons . . . the performers are mediocre and the hay sets off my allergies.

ETA: I like chocolate in small quantities, gregory, but my "sweet love" is
Pepperidge Farm's Bordeaux cookies
*card-shaped, hard-to-find, expensive (compared to others on the shelf)

gregory

Well there you go - no good even TRYING to read up in advance.

Chocolate is better !