A new de-enabling thread

thorhammer

moderndayruth said:
Just to let you know that the Roots of Asia is removed fom my wish-list... Was i actually once excited about this deck? :confused: And, btw, i didn't ask for de-enabling, it happens to be a"collateral damage" of de-enabling aimed at Le Fanu! :D
Anyway, i'll be ordering some decks from Alida (not asking for de-enabling here 'cause these are well planned in advanced ;)), but... I do want a round deck in my mini-collection and i was thinking about ordering the Circle of Life... Mind, i am asking fo your opinion here, i mean, i'll be ordering some round deck anyway and this one is available and its not too expensive... What do you think (seriously)?
It's crap. It's a ploy. I had it and sent it away pronto without ever reading with it successfully. The artwork is inconsistent not just across the deck, but within cards! It looks decidedly unfinished, and the cards' meanings are entirely impenetrable. I think it's the 9 of Pents that has the woman walking away from us, carrying a severed head? Weird. Very strange deck, and in the same sort of way that a certain trollish poster in the Thoth subforum is strange - annoyingly so.

There are better round decks . . . but I can't mention them here :D

\m/ Kat

Starshower

Alas, your Quantum work was in vain!

<staggers in, totally unrecognisable:
smeared with chocolate, as per instructions, & covered in bruises, from battles with self, & strung out to an infinite tallness & thinness by Spaghettification as I hover forever at the Event Horizon of the Quantum Devil.>

Despite your worst efforts (pathetic de-enbling from Gregory, swimming in tarot & especially Nisaba, who all have & use the deck, I note!) it's too late ... no force could stop my inexorable pull into the Quantum universe.

Even Nisaba's megaphone pleas didn't work ... they, erm, took an infinite amount of time to reach me, see. And I didn't have that long.

I hadn't known it was silver-gilded until this was emphasised - harrumph - DE-enabling indeed! I also didn't realise the creators are on here, contributing, & there are forums galore discussing it!!! Nor that, although not sensuous, (neither am I, Swimming in tarot, so no loss) it laughs at one for being stooopid - yay! And as for being worth 50 decks in 20 years' time, Nisaba - you should be utterly ashamed for FORCING me to order it.

Nice tries, girls. Better luck next time.
And now I'm as happy as spaghetti in chocolate sauce. :)

PS. Do I need the Haindl too?

thorhammer

Starshower said:
Gack! What the heck for??? It's ugly, dirty-looking, confusing, utterly uninspiring, and purportedly chock-full of esoterica. So much so, indeed, that the Grand Dame of Tarot, Ms Pollack, had to write not one, but two books on it, which are unreadable. So you're not buying just a deck - you're buying a deck and two books you'll never read which means you'll never read with the deck.

And don't try to tell me that you'll read it "intuitively". I can hear the reading now . . . "You're feeling muddy at the moment. There's a giant rock standing in your way, and you're barred on all sides by very thin straight rods of stuff. It's hard for you to focus your vision. Have you showered in the last six months?"

I think not.

\m/ Kat

Le Fanu

hey! You forgot to mention the jaundiced eye with the abcess..

magpie9

Starshower said:
YESSSSSSS..you certainly need the Haindl too, and the 3 Books Rachel Pollack wrote about it, in order to make it intelligible.

Do run right out and buy them all. :D

thorhammer

Le Fanu said:
hey! You forgot to mention the jaundiced eye with the abcess..
Oh, yes! *shudder* Weird. It's the grey, you see, that makes it look even yellower . . .

Mags - I thought it was two?? Great, now I have to look for another one! :rolleyes:

\m/ Kat

moderndayruth

thorhammer said:
It's crap. It's a ploy. I had it and sent it away pronto without ever reading with it successfully. The artwork is inconsistent not just across the deck, but within cards! It looks decidedly unfinished, and the cards' meanings are entirely impenetrable. I think it's the 9 of Pents that has the woman walking away from us, carrying a severed head? Weird.
I've only seen couple of cards here in the cards section, i did like the Star, but that's it, its only the shape i lust for, i wasn't drawn to the artwork itself.

thorhammer said:
Very strange deck, and in the same sort of way that a certain trollish poster in the Thoth subforum is strange - annoyingly so.
Oy! Bist meshugeh? Are you serious ?! :bugeyed: :eek: Well, i really don't need that ...

thorhammer said:
There are better round decks . . . but I can't mention them here :D

\m/ Kat

:shhh: pm-ing you :cool:

Le Fanu

magpie9 said:
YESSSSSSS..you certainly need the Haindl too, and the 3 Books Rachel Pollack wrote about it, in order to make it intelligible.

Do run right out and buy them all. :D

And what really gets me about the essential Haindl books is you learn that absolutely everything in every single card refers to absolutely everything in the universe. And every single thing could conceivably refer to every conceivable god, goddess, myth, religion, civilization, number, element, constellation, Arcana card and historical event.

Are you ready for this somewhat steep learning curve?

gregory

My connection dropped and gave me a duplicate post.... sorry.... But don't buy the Haindl, see below !

gregory

magpie9 said:
Seriously, I can't respond to your quest for information about the "Circle of Life" deck on the de-enabling thread, because of the doggone Rules!:mad: However, I can slam Motherpeace for you, if you really want me to. :joke:
I'll tell you about Circle of Life. I like it even less than Motherpeace - and goodness knows I don't like that.....

What rules say I cannot say this ????

As for the abscessed eye on the Haindl backs - yes indeedy. It is so awful you won't want to turn over the cards in case the other side is worse :D Which it actually very often IS ! :bugeyed: