A new de-enabling thread

Debra

Not to mention the double-headed llama with the ice packs on their noggins.

Pass on by.

Cat*

gregory said:
Chock enough for you ?
YES! I knew it! :D

But wait! The Fool in Golden Dawn decks is NOT the Fool? Death is NOT a skeleton? I may need eye surgery, then. Or medication. Or THIS NEW DECK! })

nisaba said:
Damn, and I didn't notice until right now, the UFO-as-Judgement card! Honestly, it's almost worth buying for that alone!
Exactly what I was saying. Hours of fun!

Debra said:
Not to mention the double-headed llama with the ice packs on their noggins.
Yeah, the buttless llama only narrowly escaped being mentioned by me, so thanks for bringing it into the spotlight where it belongs. I'd put an ice pack onto my head, too, if my butt had suddenly disappeared and I had grown another head in its place... On which I would also put an ice pack.

And have you seen the cat and polar bear having tea together? Adorable! I swear, this card is FULL of Ancient Egyptian Visions! Or something.

SolSionnach

::laughing so hard she's choking...::

LOL.

Now that is one SERIOUSLY AWFUL tarot deck! And I bet the cardstock is #24 paper, with thick heat lamination. And it comes packaged in a glass jar.

I've got to say, the olympic penguins, the polar bear cub (the same size as the kitty!) and the pushme-pulliyu (remember Dr. Doolittle?) are something amazing.

I about fell out of my chair looking at that strength card. Seriously LOL

Thanks for a moment's amusement, Nisaba!

thorhammer

I . . . um . ..

Never mind.

thorhammer

Er, no . . . really. I like it.

It's so pants, it's good. I love the colours. I love that it's photocollage embracing it's shiteness. I could read with that sucker and enjoy it . . .

\m/ Kat

Chronata

Ok...Because of all this "de-enabling" you were doing on this Enochian thing...I suddenly had this tremendous desire to have it...

after all, you make it sound SO bad, that I thought it might actually be good!

But alas...it's sadly not that sort of bad...it's just mediocre bad.

Although...must admit... it is absolutely everything I loathe in a collage deck.

Everything. That's no small feat!

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I'm thoroughly appalled at this deck.

That Strength card... Just......... No.

WinterRose

Oh my word. It's worse than the beginner's photomanipulations you see on Deviant Art. Though some of the minor arcana aren't too bad...but that just shows the rest of the deck up.

This may just be the photomanipulator in me talking (I do these sorts of images myself) but:

The extraction method used is just appalling, especially on the the court card - the Princess of Pentacles - look at the dog, it's still surrounded by the original background colour!

The lighting is atrocious - they haven't even attempted to colour-match.

No attempt at blending the images at all.

Some of the images used are really low-quality so when combined with higher quality pics on the same card..... epic fail.

No shadows. Come on! It's the FIRST thing a manipulator learns how to do! Without a shadow, everything's flat and boring, and everything seems to be floating in mid-air.

Some of the 'stock images' look like they've been snapped from films. And that's not a compliment. Grainy and poor quality.

No eye for perspective. There's some really, rally bad perspective work going on there.

Seriously, who in their right mind would publish this deck, and think it would do well??

sapienza

:laugh: Just what I needed today.....a really good laugh. It's diabolical.

nisaba

CelticDruidess said:
The lighting is atrocious - they haven't even attempted to colour-match.
<grin> Look at the Lovers, and hte way their hair is lit? Two half-suns? Enough to light the backs of their heads (two suns) but not to light the other person's face (no suns?)

Dear, dear.

Oh Goddess, I hope Michael didn't follow me here ... <looks around guiltily>