A new de-enabling thread

WinterRose

You don't need Snuffin.

:p

Sorry, that's all I can do, I don't know anything about Thoth books. But really, isn't one book enough, when you could be putting that money towards an awesome new deck? ;)

gregory

jackdaw* said:
Hm. Interesting. Even I can do better collage than that ...

(I think)

I have a de-enabling request that's not actually for a deck. It's for the Snuffin book on the Thoth, in preparation for Thoth study. I have the Duquette book already. Can you please tell me that I don't need Snuffin?
Er.....

Um....

Well, I do - but I reckon YOU don't - seriously. Because I need it to help me understand Duquette, see ! But you are smarter tarotically than I am :D No really - I mean this absolutely. You know how often I have to ask you crap..... ;)

Le Fanu

Snuffin assumes the same level of familiarity with all that Thoth universe which Duquette does. So they´re both much of a muchness in terms of "level". What most of us need (or at least I need) is something maybe a little "below" Duquette.

I read somewhere that what you really, really need to understand Thoth is the deck, Duquette and Crowley´s Book of Thoth. Nothing else.

Snuff´s book is very recent. We did quite well before it. And if you take yourself over to the Thoth forum, you´ll find massively useful threads. All for free! Answering all those questions which you thought were too dumb to ask (and which aren´t) and which Snuffin doesn´t answer.

gregory

Le Fanu said:
I read somewhere that what you really, really need to understand Thoth is the deck, Duquette and Crowley´s Book of Thoth. Nothing else.
I read that too. Here !!! And I AM trying.....

Le Fanu said:
Snuff's book is very recent. We did quite well before it. And if you take yourself over to the Thoth forum, you'll find massively useful threads. All for free! Answering all those questions which you thought were too dumb to ask (and which aren't) and which Snuffin doesn't answer.
Oops. Over to the Thoth forum I go.... :|. (well, no; I have that book to finish. Non tarot....)

jackdaw*

Am flattered, Gregory, but I would say Thothily you are a little ahead of me. I know NOTHING about Qabalah.

As for the books I "need" I read that too, Le Fanu. Maybe will give it a try (have Duquette and a downloaded BoT) and see how it goes before I splash out on another book ...

gregory

jackdaw* said:
Am flattered, Gregory, but I would say Thothily you are a little ahead of me. I know NOTHING about Qabalah.
I have read much, but still know nothing.... I don't really GET it..... Next time I come to visit....

magpie9

SnuffIn's book...Someone Large in the Field...I think it was Mary Greer, but it could have been Rachel Pollack said the Snuffin was in the same class about the the Thoth with her, and the book he later wrote was that class, pretty much verbatim. She didn't mention the actual teacher's name, unfortunately.

I don't know it that's good news or bad.....either it's plagiarism, or from the mouth of a teacher of brilliant tarotists.
So I dunno. For sure it's just gossip.

Personally, I'm tempted by the Snuffin book, but I have DuQuette, and I like him and his approach and sense of humor. And I like his Chicken Kabbalah too, it makes better sense to me than most... So I don't feel the need to actually go look up Snuffin until I have made it through DuQuette in a reasonably intelligent and understanding way, which is not likely to be Any Day Now.

gregory

magpie9 said:
Personally, I'm tempted by the Snuffin book, but I have DuQuette, and I like him and his approach and sense of humor. And I like his Chicken Kabbalah too, it makes better sense to me than most... So I don't feel the need to actually go look up Snuffin until I have made it through DuQuette in a reasonably intelligent and understanding way, which is not likely to be Any Day Now.
Yeah - I like Chicken Qabalah too - but I still don't.....

I also have his Life with the Spirits (it was a Chrissy prezzy, OK ?) and that looks promising as a read but useless practically :D

Le Fanu

jackdaw* said:
I know NOTHING about Qabalah...

Ive read Snuffin and I still don´t know anything about the Kabalah...

I think the basic premise of Thoth is that you´ll never really understand it anyway (isn´t that the whole point?). So why spend more money and still end up where you started?

Or, put it another way, the position you are in now of thinking you don´t understand Thoth is the same position any normal person is after studying Thoth for 20 years. They´ve just spent more than you on books...

Cat*

So, there are Chronata, gregory, thorhammer, and me who secretly (or not-so-secretly) LIKE the badness of the Enochian unseamless photocollage... How about opening another thread where we can gush about it and point out the weirdest details, worstest image "matchings," and hilariousest illustrations to each other? :D Before we get thrown out here? :angel: (Although enabling on non-available decks isn't as bad as enabling on decks that are dangerously close to any "buy now" buttons, right?)