A new de-enabling thread

Manda

Tarot of the New Vision

Please help! I am this close (holds thumb and forefinger almost touching) to purchasing yet ANOTHER RWS deck, Tarot of the New Vision.

cardlady22

New Vision . . . I know that name . . . oh, yes. The cards from a backwards or behind view.

I think that until they make a Tarot program where the reversed cards show up as this deck, it would just be a "study/contemplation" tool ~ and you can already do that with the card scan sites, right?

Le Fanu

Manda said:
Please help! I am this close (holds thumb and forefinger almost touching) to purchasing yet ANOTHER RWS deck, Tarot of the New Vision.

O that´s just soooo gimicky. Isn´t it the kind of deck you get in a Christmas cracker or something? Pixie must be spinning in her grave every time this deck is mentioned.

I bet she wouldn´t consider it in the same breath as the RWS....

gregory

If Pixie and Waite had intended you to see what was at the back of those cards they would have printed this stuff on the backs themselves. They didn't. It is nasty and dangerous and you do NOT want to know what is behind the emperor's chair and so on. It's PRIVATE !

You have places in your home where you hide dust bunnies and mouldy pizzas, don't you ? Allow the people in these cards the same courtesy. Look at the bits you are invited to see and leave the rest alone. Or you will be sorry. })

cardlady22

Yes, gregory has it pegged! The New Vision is just a way to indulge in Reality TV for Tarot. (and we all know how "real" and true-to-life the events are on those shows)

pangolin

cardlady22 said:
The New Vision is just a way to indulge in Reality TV for Tarot.
:D You are too funny!

I have this deck. I bought it because I thought "Wow -- this is really going to add an extra dimension to my readings!" And in the 4 years I've owned it, I have used it exactly...... zero times.

It's a useless novelty.

Debra

Actually, I think the New Vision is a great idea. I bought it and after looking through it once, I realized that it WAS useful to see things from the "other" point of view.

Once. I looked through it once. That's all I needed.

Check out the cards on-line and that's all you'll need.

The art is ugly, so I sold it.

flying black kat

I purchased this deck as well. I have looked at it 2 or 3 times so far. I thought it was a good idea till I spent some time with this deck. I thought I could use this deck for added insight into the RWS, now I know it was a waste of money.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

Manda

Whew, thanks guys!

There are some hilarious reasons to NOT get this deck, especially gregory and cardlady22, but um, the secret, embarrassing truth is that I kinda want to see those things...

I am so ashamed.

Stormdancer

Manda said:
I am so ashamed.

And so you SHOULD be young Lady. Did you or did you NOT just purchase another deck TODAY??? !!!

(You can run but you can't hide!!..MWAHAHA)

Take the time to appreciate the one coming your way before going out on a limb...

Who knows, the one coming may just be THE deck for you!

Stormdancer...who grew up in Golden, CO..maybe it's the altitude that's gotten to you???