A new de-enabling thread

Sulis

The last thread was getting very old and long so we thought it would be a good idea to have a new de-enabling thread.
The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90830

I just want to start by saying that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with.

As before, please stick to de-enabling.
This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.
Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and MeeWah - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

All Is One

Got a huge problem. I saw the Tarot of Prague on someone's photos and I feel I must have it. It's going for almost $500 used through Amazon marketplace sellers and a new one was way way over $1000. Even I'm not crazy enough to pay those prices, but could someone please tell me something to ease my pain and de-enable me from wanting this deck?

flying black kat

Hey AIO:

Just thinking about the prices of the deck would be such a turn off for me.

Now that Thanksgiving is comming up followed by the holidays of Christmass and The Winter Solsitce, I am sure you can think of better things to spend money on.

I hope this helps, if not, I hope you find the strength to not stumble into purchasing it. What would Andy say?

Be at Peace, if you are to have a deck the deck will find you.

Kathy

gregory

You do NOT want it that much. And anyway - the book I got for my birthday shows up on amazon for £200. My daughter got it for WAY less. Waiting pays off.

You don't like it that much money worth anyway. It IS a collage deck .You don't like those, do you ??? ;)

All Is One

Someone pm'ed me that I can get it at Tarot Garden for $40.00. I wonder if anyone wants to take a shot at de-enabling me from this glorious deck at that price? You lot need a challenge ;)

Gregory and Flying Black Kat....I would never ever pay that much for a deck. As I have told Andy, that kind of money into a deck would never be worth it. I would only pay that kind of money for something I could hang on the wall and even for that...there is a limit.

flying black kat

Dear AIO:

I am glad to read that you found a deck cheaper. You go girl.

I can think of a lot of things I want to hang on my walls, the only thing is they are still alive. (Joke) HA HA HA

Be at Peace, AIO, have a great day and a better evening.

Kathy

magpie9

Have you really looked at that deck? It's pretty primitive collage, with nothing like the seamlessness Magic Realist Press has achieved on their later decks. It's all buildings and statues and things...no humans or anything that breathes anywhere. Do you really want to spend even $40. on collaged architecture? Sometimes it's the scarcity factor that makes us yearn for newly OOP decks that when there were a lot of copies around we wouldn't have on toast points with cream sauce. Are you really really sure that's not at work here?

All Is One

magpie9 said:
Have you really looked at that deck? It's pretty primitive collage, with nothing like the seamlessness Magic Realist Press has achieved on their later decks. It's all buildings and statues and things...no humans or anything that breathes anywhere. Do you really want to spend even $40. on collaged architecture? Sometimes it's the scarcity factor that makes us yearn for newly OOP decks that when there were a lot of copies around we wouldn't have on toast points with cream sauce. Are you really really sure that's not at work here?

You have a very good point about the buildings, although I did see some people...or I thought I did. I didn't know it was scarce when I fell in love with it. Bt the collage is a factor I should take another look at. I'm on a mission to own all the Baba decks, so this was possibly unfair to put on the de-enabling thread, but the last de-enabling was such a stunning success...some AT members actually talked another member into canceling a deck she had already ordered. So I thought it was a good time for a bigger challenge.

If I hadn't posted on this thread, however, I'd not have found the deck for 40 dollars. So it's a win-win situation.

However....I ordered the deck. :)

Thanks for trying, guys!!!

Ange

I need the Mystic Dreamer Tarot.

When I say I need it, I really do need it.

I can't eat, can't sleep, can't look at myself in a mirror, can't leave the house, can't get near the cat, can't empty the bins, can't hoover, ....oh I just can't function.....:( Where's my phone....:(

Hello....my name is Ange and I'm a Tarot deck addict....when can I have an appointment to see a counsellor....PLEASE......

Ang x

gregory

No addicts in this thread. No-one here gets to buy ANYTHING they mentioned. (well, OK we have had one failure today but that is only because it is a new and snaky thread.)

Buy chocolate :D

Mystic Dreamer. OK - well, first off it has that VILE Llewellyn box which crushes. Then also, it is seriously short on men. Really, it is. And all the cards have the MOON in - what's all that about.

And of course, you need your pennies for chocolate.