A new de-enabling thread

gregory

It isn't tarot.

End of.

The crowned one

Strategeus said:
Next up on the de-enabling list...and this one might be tricky...

Tarocchi di Valentina Visconti per il Palio d'Asti

I find myself strongly wanting this deck, and it's very expensive and hard to find. Let the de-enabling begin! And let me express my appreciation for all of the wonderful help you all are giving me. :)

I think this deck is worth getting...for between 20-40 dollars.... :D

Rob

The crowned one said:
I think this deck is worth getting...for between 20-40 dollars.... :D

Yeah, I'll keep it on the list in case it comes up for cheap, but I'm not going to pay a ton for it.

Debra

What The Heck Is Going On Here?

HEY! I'm confused...no, wait. I'm not confused, I'm OUTRAGED, outraged I say!

THIS IS THE DE-ENABLING THREAD!

This is NOT the place for chatting in a civilized fashion about wanting decks and moving them up and down your list of desired ones but still aren't they wonderful. That's a different coffee shop. This is a coffee shop for people who have had too much coffee and need a long drink of cold water.

THIS THREAD IS FOR DE-ENABLING!

Someone should please de-enable me from the Fergus Hall (007/Tarot of Witches) deck. It's cheap. It's colorful. I like the strange figures and the memory of the King Crimson album cover done by Fergus Hall. It reminds me of the Lars Kristian Holmsen deck, also with strange figures and colors.

Rob

Debra said:

This is NOT the place for chatting in a civilized fashion about wanting decks and moving them up and down your list of desired ones but still aren't they wonderful. That's a different coffee shop. This is a coffee shop for people who have had too much coffee and need a long drink of cold water.

THIS THREAD IS FOR DE-ENABLING!

Someone should please de-enable me from the Fergus Hall (007/Tarot of Witches) deck. It's cheap. It's colorful. I like the strange figures and the memory of the King Crimson album cover done by Fergus Hall. It reminds me of the Lars Kristian Holmsen deck, also with strange figures and colors.

Sorry if I have somehow offended you with my technique, but having spent $4000 on Tarot in the past month and a half, I think the $800+ these guys have saved me overall with their efforts so far have been well worth it and well within the spirit of this thread. I would wager that I qualify in having had too much coffee and needing a long drink of cold water.

Don't buy the Fergus Hall because it's hideous, generic, and devoid of significant meaning. I wouldn't waste the time it takes to click to order that deck. Take a look at any nice deck you have, then that one, and you'll see that there's just no point in allowing it to take up space in your dwelling.

gregory

Debra said:
You have the Holmsen. Don't get the Hall. By comparison it is even more disappointing than it was before I had Holmsen.... The imagery is dodgy and the faces freaky (adn not in a nice way) - and the bulbous limbs on many of them are....

....and the pips are unillustrated - and VERY dull indeed.

And Strategeus - you will have to keep quiet about the better things in life - just as I do ;) Or slag them off..... })

Debra

$4000! Yikes! Here you go, Strat :)

Attachments

• Glass_of_Water.jpg
    Glass_of_Water.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 116

Rosanne

Now I am totally :confused:
If this de-enabling thread can only save a compulsive Tarot spender less than 15% on a months purchases- I am glad this is not step programme like AA.

Give up you lot- stop trying to de-enable- people will come to their own decision as whether to drink or not. Perhaps a buddy system might be better?
I will be Gregory's Buddy :rolleyes: })

Can no one see the lack of reason in getting a person who has purchased the deck to stop others doing the same. What area in life has this logic ever worked? People who say they are de-enabled are lying- the moment they can surreptitiously look around- off they go and buy it anyway and assuage their guilt by coming here later and saying it was a mistake! and DON"T BUY!

Buy everything- consumerism is the only way out of this world mess- in fact buy a plane and fly around the world buying Tarot. You have very good role models to follow- and when you are flat broke go ask the Government to bail you out.

said of course with Love and Concern for my fellow Tarotists.
~Rosanne

The crowned one

Debra said:

This deck is unreadable without drugs, or rock operas playing. This deck is the only bad thing to ever come out of Scotland! Well maybe the Bay-city rollers too. S.A.T.U.R... ;)