A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

Ok, ok, I've changed my mind. All that talk of the gold coming off did it. And gregory threatening with whips!

moderndayruth

BrightEye said:
Ok, ok, I've changed my mind. All that talk of the gold coming off did it. And gregory threatening with whips!

He, he, Greg - maybe applying 'good cop - bad cop' scenario here was a bit... predictable, but it worked! Congrats! :D

SolSionnach

the Fey?

Okay, I'm really curious what's so damned great about the Fey Tarot.... and I'm thinking of buying one to satisify my curiosity.

Mind you, I've seen it online, and it seems... well... silly. But so many folks LURVE it to death :* :* :*

Tell this TdM person why she shouldn't spend any more of her hard-earned $$$ on the Fey!

gregory

sravana said:
Tell this TdM person why she shouldn't spend any more of her hard-earned $$$ on the Fey!
Just look at that sentence.

Does the Fey LOOK like a TdM ?

No. So what is the issue ????

thorhammer

sravana said:
Okay, I'm really curious what's so damned great about the Fey Tarot.... and I'm thinking of buying one to satisify my curiosity.

Mind you, I've seen it online, and it seems... well... silly. But so many folks LURVE it to death :* :* :*

I have felt this wondering, too. I, too, have searched the scans for meaning . . . and am still confused. I see nothing worth having.

I think it's one of those decks that has its devotees, and that does in no way mean that everyone will like it. If your preference lies in such a radically different direction, save your money and time. It just won't work out.

\m/ Kat

AJ

I enjoyed the book and learned some new ways of looking at reading cards, but I gave away the set to one of our members in Argentina.

I couldn't look at the figures without shuddering, they all look like sorta-survivors of some kind of nuclear holocaust.
Plus so many of the girls seemed sort of sub-teen T&A ... sorry, I just don't see the need and they didn't do a thing for me. :)

magpie9

I traded for the Fey a while back to see what it was about it that spurred such devotion in it's proponents. I couldn't figure it out. It was...cute. I don't do cute.

I don't think you do cute, Sravana....please don't make me wrong! How will we be able to respect you in the morning?

FaireMaiden

Fey Tarot

sravana said:

I don't know how to say this politely... but this is one of the butt-ugliest decks I've ever seen... The art is flat, one-dimensional, and devoid of any symbolical meaning that I can see. Everytime I see these cards, I feel like I've just turned on a Saturday-morning cartoon show. And it's not even GOOD cartoon... This deck is just plain nauseating.

Why do others flock to it? Well, it's for sure not because they have a sophisticated eye. Perhaps it's because their mental-constructs have yet to move beyond the Cartoon Network.

All Is One

moderndayruth said:
He, he, Greg - maybe applying 'good cop - bad cop' scenario here was a bit... predictable, but it worked! Congrats! :D

In this case, it was more like "good CROP, bad CROP."

I think it was Gregory's whips that did it.

All Is One

I skipped ahead to get a chance to insert my stupid pun. I just bought the Fey. What happened is that several of my friends really liked it and one friend had scans of it in her blog. I liked the things SHE saw in it.

I have not even looked at it yet. I bought the Gothic Tarot of the Vampires on the strength of Umbrae's review. The Fey is by one of the same artists. I have yet to use or look at either deck, so I can't say much except that sometimes, when one is aspiring to own half of Gregory's 1400 decks....I aspire to own 750 before I die, one buys decks one might just want for "the collection."

It's a cheaper obsession than antiques or remodeling the house, or recording equipment.

But it is certainly an obsession.

Man, I'm just babbling.

De-enabling on the Fey is easy. It's silly and goofy and only for people who are looking for that.