A new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

Sravana.. I told you this in private but I might as well say it in public. I know you´re hankering after the Piatnik Lenormand.

It´s dry, it´s soul-less. It´s the most "granny" deck you will ever see. It´s a deck for old ladies. You like dogs? Wait till you see the dog card. Rubbish 70s Hallmark birthday cards left over in stock clearance circa 1982...

With Lenormands the Mystical and one or other of the "owls" is enough. And I think you have those...

cardlady22

Rosanne said:
OK this is a hard one- I need to have a deck for reading. For my granddaughter. No cats- no dogs- no gummy bears and I cannot obtain the Children's Tarot.

*cracks knuckles & prays- because it has a Mini version, so I tread into my greatest temptation*
The Fairy Tarot has interesting pips, but it's not the usual transformation-style deck.
http://69.34.198.122/Packs/Fairy Tarot/vlst.php
It has a few cards I wouldn't show my children. Did you see VIII The Dryad?

And that Ace/1 of Hearts gives me shivers. I don't know if you've ever seen this TV show for "little kids" in the US: Shari Lewis & Lamb Chop??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_Chop (puppet)
So happy & hyper you will tear your head off!

Uggh! Check out X The Oread! Grandfairy getting some menopause relief is NOT my idea of the Wheel of Fortune.

There was another show on when I was young called The Littles. The theme song will be stuck in my head ALL DAY now! (Thank your lucky stars I don't have time to find you an audio file.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Littles

Need more impressions?

ETA: Isn't there a Tarot Meetup group near you? Call one of them and see what decks they already own & if they'll lend something to you for the reading.

baba-prague

Sulis said:
although if you didn't want it when it was in print why would you want it if it was out of print?

The fundamental question for the seriously over-enabled.

I have had to force myself several times to pass on decks that I never liked and would never use, which suddenly became uber-desirable (until I pulled myself together) once they had that magic "OOP" after their name.

Le Fanu

baba-prague said:

I have had to force myself several times to pass on decks that I never liked and would never use, which suddenly became uber-desirable (until I pulled myself together) once they had that magic "OOP" after their name.

O but Im getting better at this...I find it easy now... There´s a Gill Tarot at my local shop. Do I desire it? Do I buffalo. Tarot of The Ages? Totally unnecessary. Londa? Hideous...

See, it´s a pushover. Buddhism has helped me de-enable myself of such cravings :D

SphinYote

Sulis said:
t (although if you didn't want it when it was in print why would you want it if it was out of print?).

Well, some of us have things on our wish list for a long time, for when we have the money....then when we get word that they might be out of print or not easily available, we grab it while its still an affordable price.

Wait, this is the de-enabling thread....sorry....don't listen to me, you don't want (insert deck name here)....who cares if it's OP? :D

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Just coz it´s going OOP doesn´t make it desirable. hey - see! - you can sometimes de-enable yourself. I just did!

It´s just SO easy not to want the Fey Tarot.

Effortless! Do I get a round of applause?
thorhammer said:
*claps mightily* Yes! I'm exactly the same! OOP??? Meh. Who cares? DIdn't want it before, don't want it now :)
Yay! Me too!
I tried to see what folks liked in that deck, but I just couldn't. Comic book!
Debra said:
Let's each of us treat ourselves to a new deck!
or two?
GreenMoonBeam said:
sravana is hankering after more decks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lenormand types. Sound the
alarms!!!!! On the 'what's the postman bringing thread' pleading for permission
to buy......spending money that could go to the poodle-puppy. So sneaky>
:bugeyed: FIE! I have been found out! grrrr...
cardlady22 said:
sravana! Those Lenormands breed like rabbits! There is a reason why they are such a low-price. It's like getting the "free" ink jet printer with your brand spanking new PC. They know the supplies/accessories will more than make up for what they didn't get at the outset.
LOL. Boy, do I know *that* feeling.
cardlady22 said:
I thought I was smart. I said to myself, I will only get versions NOT recommended for Sylvie's course. But, they are insidious! They just got me to print out "samples" to show the different versions to my friends & family. Now they are buying the decks I didn't!
Well, that last bit is convenient! That way you can see them, and perhaps nick them! :bugeyed: :eek: What versions are not recommended (heh heh heh)? I read on someone's blog that the ones with the card inserts are actually a good thing - and the Piatnik I've ordered has them.
Le Fanu said:
Sravana.. I told you this in private but I might as well say it in public. I know you´re hankering after the Piatnik Lenormand.

It´s dry, it´s soul-less. It´s the most "granny" deck you will ever see. It´s a deck for old ladies. You like dogs? Wait till you see the dog card. Rubbish 70s Hallmark birthday cards left over in stock clearance circa 1982...

With Lenormands the Mystical and one or other of the "owls" is enough. And I think you have those...
Actually, I sold the darned blue owl back when I thought that I had too many decks (kind of like now, eh?). Ya wanna sell me yours? o_0

re: Piatnik - it seems that there are two? - the one I bought which you can see here: http://seaqueen.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/lenormand-sun-cards-power-is-always-welcome/ and here: http://seaqueen.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/trigger-layout-tutorial-reading/ vs. the "ancient" one - here: http://www.carte-karuta.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=30

I really don't think that they are the same...

Okay, my spate of buying decks is over. I guess I just *had* to do it. It's all the fault of graviela and others who have such way cool Lenormand blogs. If you're interested, I can PM you the urls (which would be *totally* enabling!).

magpie9

Rosanne said:
OK this is a hard one- I need to have a deck for reading. For my granddaughter.
So I thought I might buy this one....
http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=fairy+tarots&rs=3378

The Fairy Tarot.
I have not one deck that is suitable except the overly large Inner Child Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/inner-child/
which she appears bored with anyhow. No cats- no dogs- no gummy bears and I cannot obtain the Children's Tarot.

So what is wrong with this deck?
It looks quite fun and story weaving.
There is bound to be something I can latch on to, that gets me out of spending
NZ for US dollars.

~Rosanne
You could use your Old English or Osho Zen.....or go wild and borrow a Halloween. Personally, I don't know what the problem is with the LS Fairy--if it's too many nekked parts, use a sharpie and give them all nice new outfits. This is not rocket science, and the wee childe will not be Marked For Life at the sight of a bare tush or pointy sword. Chances are very high that she owns a bare tush of her own. :bugeyed:
You could even collage a deck for her yourself, and what a treasure that would be!
And if you end up buying a deck just for her readings, they it's actually her deck which you will eventually teach her to read with, so it's not the same as buying yourself a deck so it's all right to do, since it's a present and not for you. At most, you keep physical custody of it so you can do phone readings for her.

Any Questions?

gregory

baba-prague said:

Try to think of OOP as the beginning of OOPS......

Which is generally what happens before a Big Mistake..... :bugeyed:

Rosy - your granddaughter needs the Gummy Bears - and I know where you can get one. PM me if you like; I will take on the mailing so it stays reasonable. This doesn't count as enabling; the kid needs one ! and isn't here to be led astray.

SolSionnach

Waaah! I want the Isabel's Traum Lenormand!!!!

It's only 16.95 euros! (oops = $21 before shipping).

BUT I WANT MUST HAVE HEEEELLP!!

.traveller.

21$ for a lenormand?! Are you nuts? What does this one give you that the 15 odd other ones don't? Does it shuffle itself?