A new de-enabling thread

Anton Tikimirov

A Little Help

All Is One said:
Got a huge problem. I saw the Tarot of Prague on someone's photos and I feel I must have it. It's going for almost $500 used through Amazon marketplace sellers and a new one was way way over $1000. Even I'm not crazy enough to pay those prices, but could someone please tell me something to ease my pain and de-enable me from wanting this deck?

I have the deck and truthfully it is not my favorite from Mahoney and Ukolov. Their Victorian Romantic deck is by far superior. The biggest drawback to this deck is the fact it will not and does not wear well, the card stock is similar to what Mahonoey and Ukolov used on their Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot. A bit flimsy for lots of use. A pretty deck, but certainly not worth a grand. If that doesn't help in de-enabling you, then consider that in time either US Games or Lo Scarabeo will make a huge offer acquire the rights and publish a reproduction on heaveier card stock much like Kaplan of US Games did with Godfrey Dowson's The Hermetic Tarot.

Hope that helps.

nisaba

swimming in tarot said:
My birthday is coming up, and I think he's sussing out gift ideas [chortles and rubs knuckles gleefully]. I keep diverting the question to how I really don't need more decks than I already own, and he keeps reminding me that decks aren't that expensive, and I really don't make a habit of throwing money around on expensive frivolities. It's like he's trying to enable ME.
QUICK!

IT'S *HIS* MONEY!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

(and while he's at it, may I draw attention to me and your grattitude towards me, and point you in the direction of the Cloisters, the Scapini-reconstructed Visconti, the Paul Klee, the Wiliam Blake, the Golden Botticelli ...)

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
QUICK!

IT'S *HIS* MONEY!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

(and while he's at it, may I draw attention to me and your grattitude towards me, and point you in the direction of the Cloisters, the Scapini-reconstructed Visconti, the Paul Klee, the Wiliam Blake, the Golden Botticelli ...)
There's a Klee deck? Where?
Not that I'm interested, I'm just curious. Really!
I had the Blake - sold it.
Not interested after seeing the Botticelli.

But Klee? I'm really curious!

nisaba

sravana said:
There's a Klee deck? Where?
Not that I'm interested, I'm just curious. Really!
I had the Blake - sold it.
Not interested after seeing the Botticelli.

But Klee? I'm really curious!
I would hate to enable you by telling you that all you have to do to see six of the best, is to go to tarotgarden.com, type "klee" into their search engine, wait for the deck to come up and click on the Eye of Horus to see extra images. So don't. Unless you;'re feeling pathetically grateful to me and want to do something nice for me.

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
I would hate to enable you by telling you that all you have to do to see six of the best, is to go to tarotgarden.com, type "klee" into their search engine, wait for the deck to come up and click on the Eye of Horus to see extra images. So don't. Unless you;'re feeling pathetically grateful to me and want to do something nice for me.

lol.
Well, it's unavailable, so there. ;)

Nice, but nothing that I'd spend big bux on.

Carry on!

nisaba

sravana said:
lol.
Well, it's unavailable, so there. ;)

Nice, but nothing that I'd spend big bux on.

Carry on!
Yeah, the being unavailable is sorta built-in de-enabler, making my post quite on-topic and acceptable. Nice work on belittling it, too. I love that "Tower" image ... er ... I am indifferent to that Tower image and wonder what I must have been thinking to have mentioned in tones of such rampant desire.

Le Fanu

r.e Tarot of Prague

Anton Tikimirov said:
I have the deck and truthfully it is not my favorite from Mahoney and Ukolov. Their Victorian Romantic deck is by far superior. The biggest drawback to this deck is the fact it will not and does not wear well, the card stock is similar to what Mahonoey and Ukolov used on their Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot. A bit flimsy for lots of use. A pretty deck, but certainly not worth a grand. If that doesn't help in de-enabling you, then consider that in time either US Games or Lo Scarabeo will make a huge offer acquire the rights and publish a reproduction on heaveier card stock much like Kaplan of US Games did with Godfrey Dowson's The Hermetic Tarot.

Hope that helps.

Can´t find All Is One´s post but anyway.... Id have thought that just by dint of a deck being $1,000, what more de-enabling would one possibly need?

The idea that US games might buy up the rights and gloss it up and plastify it and lord knows what else, would be reason enough to buy it NOW!! Hardly de-enabling. LOL :)

MysticalMoose

Tarot of Prague

HOW MUCH??????? :bugeyed: ~ Piffle & Fiddlesticks!!! I got my 1st Edition on eBay quite recently for a tiddly fraction of that humongous figure. I saw one only last week I think for about $80 I think it converted to!
Anyway on topic, if you like "human or alive feeling" tarot then the Prague is possibly not for you, I personally love it but.... friends of mine think it cold & emotionless with all the statues & buildings.

Le Fanu

MysticalMoose said:
I got my 1st Edition on eBay quite recently for a tiddly fraction of that humongous figure. I saw one only last week I think for about $80 I think it converted to!

Ahhhh, but you think it´s the first edition? The 2nd edition is the REALLY collectible one! First editions are two a penny! I remember Karen saying they printed fewer 2nd editions. So they´re the really rare ones!

(guess which one I have? LOL ;))

Anton Tikimirov

Le Fanu said:
Can´t find All Is One´s post but anyway.... Id have thought that just by dint of a deck being $1,000, what more de-enabling would one possibly need?

The idea that US games might buy up the rights and gloss it up and plastify it and lord knows what else, would be reason enough to buy it NOW!! Hardly de-enabling. LOL :)

You make a very good point, I have failed in my first de-enabling. I suppose this means I will never be invited to a Tarot intervention?