A new de-enabling thread

Debra

sravana said:
lol.
Well, it's unavailable, so there. ;)

Nice, but nothing that I'd spend big bux on.

Carry on!

It's not even nice. It's photocopies of Klee pictures cut out, poorly aligned with the backs, and sandwiched between two flimsy pieces of sticky plastic film with a big, unevenly-trimmed border. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

gregory

debra's right. But I kept mine - I like it anyway.... :|

.traveller. said:
The art is kind of uneven, and I bet it won't be nearly as vibrant in person. The execution is downright clumsy on some of the cards.
ER - (this was about Isabel's...) I feel a need to point out here that Isabel has Parkinsons, so..... I would be clumsier than that anyway as I can't draw, and I don't even have anything wrong with me (well, I'm deaf, but....)

I just thought that while OF COURSE no one should buy anything, I should set the record straight in case Isabel sees this and is hurt.....

.traveller.

gregory said:
debra's right. But I kept mine - I like it anyway.... :|

ER - (this was about Isabel's...) I feel a need to point out here that Isabel has Parkinsons, so..... I would be clumsier than that anyway as I can't draw, and I don't even have anything wrong with me (well, I'm deaf, but....)

I just thought that while OF COURSE no one should buy anything, I should set the record straight in case Isabel sees this and is hurt.....

.traveller. is suitably chastised and will leave the thread for good this time.

gregory

No no - I just thought that people might not know, and I happened to be told when I bought her tarot...... (oops.... :|)

De-enabling is good stuff and we need more like you to do it all ! Come back..... (the cry echoes through the purple corridors.....)

SolSionnach

Anton Tikimirov said:
You make a very good point, I have failed in my first de-enabling. I suppose this means I will never be invited to a Tarot intervention?
Hi Anton!
I wouldn't say that you've failed, and it does take some time to get the hang of it. Welcome to the de-enabling thread (I don't think I've seen you here before) - we play rough in this thread, in case you haven't noticed! :)
Debra said:
It's not even nice. It's photocopies of Klee pictures cut out, poorly aligned with the backs, and sandwiched between two flimsy pieces of sticky plastic film with a big, unevenly-trimmed border. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Y.i.k.e.s. Heck, *I* can do better than that! (if I had the time and/or the inclination...)
.traveller. said:
.traveller. is suitably chastised and will leave the thread for good this time.
Oh, please don't leave, .traveller.! I had no idea about that, either.
gregory said:
No no - I just thought that people might not know, and I happened to be told when I bought her tarot...... (oops.... :|)

De-enabling is good stuff and we need more like you to do it all ! Come back..... (the cry echoes through the purple corridors.....)
She has a *tarot*, too? Where can I see the cards? I'm very curious... as though you hadn't noticed.

gregory

Er - I think you better have PM.....:D

It's cheap, and usually up on e-bay - and it is on the same site as the lenormand ones.

baba-prague

Debra said:

Oh! Well, thanks for that, because I love Klee and had seen that deck and wondered if I should get it. Obviously not. Good job Debra - two de-enabled for the price of one!

.traveller.

Okay, I'm back but not to de-enable, but to be de-enabled.

I want the Vargo Gothic. Why? I don't know. Never wanted it before, but now I have a wild, crazy fascination for it. I've been fighting this feeling for over a week now and I am about to crack.

I don't care that it's not really tarot, I usually read oracles anyway.

Le Fanu

.traveller. said:
Okay, I'm back but not to de-enable, but to be de-enabled.

I want the Vargo Gothic. Why? I don't know. Never wanted it before, but now I have a wild, crazy fascination for it. I've been fighting this feeling for over a week now and I am about to crack.

I don't care that it's not really tarot, I usually read oracles anyway.

Are you thirteen years old with a permanent pout, white foundation, "weirdly" wearing black and out to shock your parents?

If not, then there´s no point you buying it...

O and anyone will tell you that it isn´t actually very readable ... Great for those who want to look "spooky" in front of their peers...

Just go and sit under a yew tree in the cemetery and read Walpole's The Castle of Otranto. Now that´s real gothic.

cardlady22

.traveller. said:

It's all Neptune!! (astrology in the playing cards- 52 day period) Washes over you sudden; drives you with an insatiable gale-force wind; then drops you on your butt after your birthday comes around again.

I mean, I'm all for walking the Nightside every now and again, but did you see these cards?
5 of Swords: I used to be afraid of evil horror-movie clowns, but this jester with the king's head on his pike is creepy beyond anything Stephen King's ever did!
Knight of Cups: That gargoyle in the wall dripping blood out of his mouth down to the guy's hand, but he's so focused on your sweet little neck that he doesn't notice!

VI Lovers is the ultimate cliche. *yawn*
Knight of Wands looks like he's trolling for a gig on a beefcake calendar. Th0se vamp girls will be quite happy they don't have to get his armour off first . . . kind of like a reverse of The Sun from this deck.