A new de-enabling thread

Grizabella

hippiewitchie said:
Hi all!

I stumbled upon this one: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/medicine-woman/review.shtml

I told myself I'd not buy anything that was not already on my wish list, but it's really calling to me......It's a rather inexpensive deck

This was my first deck and I don't recommend it either. The book that goes with it is next to no use unless you want a daybook kind of thing. I don't use it or the deck. I got another one just to have for sentimental reasons because it was my first deck and got damaged in a move. (Stupid reason, but hey---- :p ) It's absolutely not a beginner deck and even though I've been using the cards for about 9 years now, I still don't have much success reading with it.

magpie9

gregory said:
Urnash looks VILE...... Me no have. Me no buy :D
Well if Greggers won't buy it, it is a total waste of time and unfit for anything but starting campfires.

We Must Have Some Standards, after all.

magpie9

Phantasmagoric

I got this one in a trade. I didn't trade for it, see, it got tossed in the box as a "bonus" by the former owner just to get rid of it. She was probably dancing in the streets afterwards. Unbelievably Awful. I can't imagine how it got printed in the first place. It is the second ugliest deck in the Universe. It has a gruesome attitude to make up for it's looks. Keep it away from cute little decks and Children of all ages.
The First Ugliest is the Tapestry Tarot, which I also have. (shudder)

Grizabella

Yeah, greggers is like the Smithsonian of Tarot decks so if she won't have it, just use it in the bonfire for making s'mores in the back yard or something.

Cat*

magpie9 said:
Well if Greggers won't buy [the Urnash/Silicon Dawn], it is a total waste of time and unfit for anything but starting campfires.
I was thinking the same... :bugeyed: And to think that Le Fanu even suggested exchanging this one for the Faeries...! :bugeyed:

I'll be honest, though, and say that looking through the deck (okay, half of it...) again just now was the most effective de-enabling I got on this one. So off it goes!

Wow, I really seem to be in the right mood to get that wishlist as small as possible... So I think I'll take off the Sheridan-Douglas, too. If I keep thinking of it, I can always put it back on, right?

---

Although I commend you for the efforts about the Phantasmagoric, I think I'll keep that one for a bit...

See, I like the weirdness, the colorful creepiness, and I think even know what the oh-so-secret puzzle pieces are about :D (I read somewhere that they're meant to indicate if a card is more masculine, more feminine, or balanced in its energy).

You also can't scare me with the RugRats references because I actually had to google to find out what you were even talking about... :D

And don't you think my inner teenager should get at least one deck, now that I deleted the Faeries, the Lunatic, and never even added the Hello Tarot?! (Yeah, I know I have the Fey, but these darling pastel colored, wide-eyed, kitschy creatures will only talk to me about other people - I haven't gotten them to cooperate on a single reading for myself! *pout*)

---

So, thanks to the great efforts of my fellow ATers, my wishlist is now down to three tarot decks - one of which isn't published yet (the Mary-El), another one is the Greenwood (need I say more?), and the third is the Phantasmagoric (so I have one that I can actually buy if I feel the irresistible urge to do some non-essential shopping). Oh, and the International Icon, which I'll definitely get. I think I can live with that for a while.

Thank you all for your help! It's been fun, embarrassing at times, but fun! :D

I'll be over bumping up my ISO for the International Icon and The Process audiobooks now...

pangolin

Cat* said:
Although I commend you for the efforts about the Phantasmagoric, I think I'll keep that one for a bit...

See, I like the weirdness, the colorful creepiness, and I think even know what the oh-so-secret puzzle pieces are about :D (I read somewhere that they're meant to indicate if a card is more masculine, more feminine, or balanced in its energy).
I was sure I would love the surrealistic style of the Phantasmagoric. I was so happy when it arrived in the mail. And then I started handling it, and really looking at it, and -- it's just nasty. Not cute, not funny, not amusing, just wrong. In fact, looking through it for the post I wrote above actually made my stomach queasy. Unfortunately, I did it right before dinner. :laugh:

I'm posting some images below, including the BDSM Hanged Man. If you still think this is what you want in a tarot deck, then all I can say is, "Enjoy!" :bugeyed:

Attachments

• PT C9.jpg
    PT C9.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 88
  • PT S Page.jpg
    PT S Page.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
  • PT W5.jpg
    PT W5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 89

SolSionnach

ewwwww.

As pangolin said, there are not enough :bugeyed: for this deck. Of course, you have to throw in several handfuls of :eek: as well.

Sick. Sick as in murdering your aunt by plunging her stiletto heels through her eyes, or in her ears. Axe murderer sick.

Is there a vomiting icon? If there is, insert one here: ____

That 5 wands is the end.

WinterRose

I have one word.

Meep!

(OK, so I know that officially, that's not a word, but really, can any other word actually describe that deck??)

I know you had to google rugrats, but seriously, that's like rugrats on cocaine with masochistic and sadistic fetishes....

magpie9

Look at the bright side---it's in the running for "Sickest Deck Ever". The combination of Ugggggly and Freaky Unattractive Sado-Masochistic Pedophiliac Fantasy (hopefully fantasy) is hard to beat without actual whips and chains. The only good thing about it is that it's not a Photographic deck....euuuu.

firefrost

If greggers won't buy it, forget it. I mean, you've only got to look at the Charmed and that animal tarot thingy that she actually did buy... :bugeyed: