A new de-enabling thread

moderndayruth

sravana said:
I am SO HAPPY that this thread is back to DEenabling. :D

Well, you know, i wouldn't bet my life on it, Sravana... })
I've just dicovered a round deck that i do like, far more expensive than the CoL and there is all that matching stuff that comes with it... like, cloth, bag, box, journal... and the mini-deck... And it is absolutely beautiful... and meaningful... and the guys got it published indipendetly so, you know, its a good thing to support them... }) }) })

enchanted spirit

moderndayruth said:
Wouldn't it be wiser to learn the decks you already have? That's, of course, unless you are one of the happy few who was not affected by the economic crises and actually can afford manic collecting in these times...})

YES!!! But, I can't seem to resist the urge to have more than one version of a deck that I love (3 BBCs, 2 Touchstones, and now 2 VRs). If I had not been kicking myself the other night for not getting the gold VR when I got the gold BBC this would never have happened. That is the truth. BUT it happened after I *swore* not to buy another deck and that's what's got me bugged. And I can afford it at the moment, but not long term, if you know what I mean. This is IT, and I mean IT, and maybe for eternity.

Going off to find my VR journal and actually work on my neglected PDR. Right after I delete my little wishlist.

Okay, there is no deck that I cannot live without! NONE! So, I will content myself with STUDYING! If I doubt that for any reason, I will come straight here and post so that you all can say "What about that GVR? Huh? You have not yet paid your penance." Okay - that's that.

thorhammer

moderndayruth said:
I've just dicovered a round deck that i do like, far more expensive than the CoL and there is all that matching stuff that comes with it... like, cloth, bag, box, journal... and the mini-deck... And it is absolutely beautiful... and meaningful... and the guys got it published indipendetly so, you know, its a good thing to support them... }) }) })
Hey! That didn't happen here! That was outside the bounds of the thread! And I did, as requested, make a valiant attempt upon the CoL, didn't I???

moderndayruth

enchanted spirit said:
Going off to find my VR journal and actually work on my neglected PDR. Right after I delete my little wishlist.
That's the wise thing to do, seriously... Or - practice "restriction", keep your wishlist, and if in a month of going through the scans at taroteca and after having set most of the cards as background... if in a month you still think you need those decks, than... post in the de-enabling thread again! :D

Thorhammer, both of we iz innocent! :angel: :angel:

nisaba

Starshower said:
<staggers in, totally unrecognisable:
smeared with chocolate, as per instructions, & covered in bruises, from battles with self, & strung out to an infinite tallness & thinness by Spaghettification as I hover forever at the Event Horizon of the Quantum Devil.>

D'Oh! So THAT's how people do thinness! Silly me - I thought it was about self-denial <hurries off to find her copy>

Starshower said:
(pathetic de-enbling from Gregory, swimming in tarot & especially Nisaba, who all have & use the deck, I note!)

Hey! the other two may have been pathetic - *I* was great! Sensational, even. Magnificent in my munificence.

Can I help it if you're an atrocious target ...

Starshower said:
I hadn't known it was silver-gilded until this was emphasised - harrumph - DE-enabling indeed!

Of the highest order, I would have thought. How cheap. Couldn't they have sprung for a bit of gold, even fake gold?

Starshower said:
I also didn't realise the creators are on here, contributing, & there are forums galore discussing it!!!

Which is most de-enabling of all - imagine, you can't even *say* anything about the deck without the creators being aware of it. Even now I quail, knowing I can never enter the United Kingdom again without two Tarotisters setting their hit-men on me at the airport.

Starshower said:
And as for being worth 50 decks in 20 years' time, Nisaba - you should be utterly ashamed for FORCING me to order it.

I thought that was good de-enabling! Pardon me for mistaking you for a considerate person, who would never have wanted to put a future swap-partner to that expense.

<shakes head sadly>

There was I, giving you my all-time best de-enabling, and you being slack and crass and refusing to respond properly. Just don't set beartraps in the forest when you see the Knight Pentacles. Oh well, b*gger it, you've got the deck now, I suppose I can't stop you using it. Just remember not to like it.

Starshower said:
And now I'm as happy as spaghetti in chocolate sauce. :)

That's to be expected. Anyone who would buy the Quantum would be kooky enough to mention those two food items in the same sentence.

Starshower said:
PS. Do I need the Haindl too?
No! I'd de-enable you on this one, too, by mentioning that it's sort of like the love-child of the Rider-Waite and the Thoth on acid, but I remember how badly you responded to my last bout of de-enabling, so I won't mention anything about it. Oh, and you don't want to try and get a hold of the companion-book by Rachel Pollack under any circumstances, either. Dreadful stuff. Wouldn't use it to wipe my arse with (for a variety of reasons).

nisaba

moderndayruth said:
i did like the Star, but that's it, its only the shape i lust for,

<incredulous> What, rectangle? Darling, *all* the cards in that deck are rectangular!

nisaba

moderndayruth said:
<horrified> Tell me what this deck is, and where I can see it, and I'll de-enable you.

I was going to de-enable you by reminding you how difficult round decks are to shuffle, until I saw my daughter, who can't shuffle conventional cards worth a damn, doing really well with my Muvverpieces.

SolSionnach

It's already been de-enabled in this thread. I suggested by PM that MCR have a look around before committing to that particular abomination!

:eek:

Sravana leaves the premises

gregory

Muvverpice has FAR too much pubic hair. No really...... I prefer a BALD reading.....:D

moderndayruth

nisaba said:
<horrified> Tell me what this deck is, and where I can see it, and I'll de-enable you.

I was going to de-enable you by reminding you how difficult round decks are to shuffle, until I saw my daughter, who can't shuffle conventional cards worth a damn, doing really well with my Muvverpieces.
:shhh: You have a pm! ;)

sravana said:
It's already been de-enabled in this thread. I suggested by PM that MCR have a look around before committing to that particular abomination!

:eek:

Sravana leaves the premises
Lol, but i do want a round deck and i do like this one the most... that's from all those discussed in the
culoirs
...(that's - via pm's! :D)
Though - i might go for mini deck... which reduces the prices of both the matching box and the bag... (the cloths are one-size ;))
Maybe i could skip the journal all together? Nah, who needs a deck without all the matching accessoires?!...})

gregory said:
Muvverpice has FAR too much pubic hair. No really...... I prefer a BALD reading.....:D
:D :D :D