A new de-enabling thread

Debra

Alchemy is old, musty, dusty, scratchy pen, sepia-toned, saggy and baggy and with scrambled eggs in its beard.

Alchemical renewed is brightly shiny and sparkly, all smooth and firm and perky.

It's just wrong.

gregory

Debra said:
Alchemy is old, musty, dusty, scratchy pen, sepia-toned, saggy and baggy and with scrambled eggs in its beard.

Alchemical renewed is brightly shiny and sparkly, all smooth and firm and perky.

It's just wrong.
Nice One ! *claps*

Muir Aingeal

I need to be de-enabled from the tarot of Jane Austen and the Llewellyn.

Thank you :D

nisaba

LavenderMist said:
I need to be de-enabled from the tarot of Jane Austen and the Llewellyn.

Thank you :D
Jane Austin is bright and chirpy and superficial in her *books*, and she's considered a great. Can you imagine how swollen her head would be if too many people bought teh *deck*?

And as for the Llewellyn, in the late nineties a friend of mine was writing a book under contract to them, and they got their editor to dumb it down, even to the point of making her take out the word "comprehend" and substitute "understand" instead because she would only confuse the readership and make them feel inferior. Now I boycott them. So should you.

gregory

nisaba said:
And as for the Llewellyn, in the late nineties a friend of mine was writing a book under contract to them, and they got their editor to dumb it down, even to the point of making her take out the word "comprehend" and substitute "understand" instead because she would only confuse the readership and make them feel inferior. Now I boycott them. So should you.
WOW. I never knew that. OK, I'm signing this one too ! (well, the post.... perhaps not the policy :|)

nisaba

I strongly suspect you already have the deck - are you going to ritually burn it on top of a wind-swept mountaintop at midnight as an act of de-enablement?

gregory

nisaba said:
I strongly suspect you already have the deck - are you going to ritually burn it on top of a wind-swept mountaintop at midnight as an act of de-enablement?
ER......
<pass>

Anyway I don't do mountains.

De-enable ME from the Kingdom Within deck - please.... I REALLY can't afford it but I am wavering anyway. And lack of money doesn't usually stop me.......

Aerin

I quote from Solandia's reviw:

Solanda said:
The Kingdom Within Tarot combines astrology, Qabalah, mythological archetypes, the elements, and the cyclical nature of the cosmos into 78 Tarot cards.

Now, anything that tries to combine that many darn things is probably doomed to make you feel inadequate. Not to mention answering questions by being a) annoyingly supercillious and patronising or b) just incomprehensible. Don't you think? Plus the artwork looks very digitised somehow and a bit collage-y.

Aerin

ps check out these pictures http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/kingdom-within/. The 4 of Pentacles is at best busy and at worst nothing to do with a 4 of Pentacles (keyword and picture seem to be about obtaining the stuff and nothing to do with guarding or keeping it). Too much going on in an unco-ordinated way in these cards IMO.

nisaba

<sorrowfully shaking head> I can't. My two Trusty Tarot URLs are both silent on the subject. Where did you hear of it - where can I go to find ammunition about it?

gregory

ummm....

try harder, but you have some good points there....