A rest from Tarot?

Moonklad

Lately it seems, over the past month, that I have not even touched my cards. I have not lost interest in the tarot and continue my studies of them on a daily basis via the net and through books. But as far as actually reading or even looking at my cards, I have just not wanted to this month. It is really odd because prior to this I at least held them in my hands and looked through them on a daily basis. I have not even drew my "daily card" for about 3 weeks. Granted this has been a busy few weeks but it is still kind of a mystery to me.
Has anyone had a similiar thing happen?
I don't know if I should just force myself to handle them or just wait for this to pass. Its strange because I miss them yet I still dont touch them.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but it seemed to happened at the exact same time that I purchased a new deck.
Any suggestions?

glamourbug

I doubt it is anything to worry about, i often go weeks/months without touching my decks. I usually find i have a couple of months where all i want to do is sew and then another few months where i dont touch my sewing but play with my cards all the time.

I dont think it would have anythign to do with your new deck. I mean really if the deck was putting you off you'd go running back to one of your old faithfuls or something. Maybe (dare i say it) you just dont feel in the mood for tarot or dont feel the need for any extra insight into your life right now. Just enjoy the break and focus on something else. it wont do no harm.

Lisa

Aeon

Hi Moon,
I'm go through this all the time, don't sweat it. I'll go months for months picking daily cards and doing readings, then all of the sudden it's like I just don't want to know and would rather sort of fly by the seat of my pants. Sometimes I just want to "be" (if that makes sense)and let what I've learned sorta sink in and gel. I keep studying tarot and other points of interest (which invariably turn back to tarot, it's use and symbolism). I think the downtime with readings is a time to study, then it goes back into a time of use and practice, and round and round we go , learning and using.

then again maybe it's just me being a Gemini and getting bored easily...gotta keep changing and going through cycles

Aeon

Aeon
11 Jan 2002

Aeon (12 Jan, 2002 05:47):
Hi Moon,
I'm go through this all the time, don't sweat it. I'll go months for months picking daily cards and doing readings, >>>

Oh jeez, that should read "I go through this all the time" and "I'll go for months picking"

The brain works sometimes, honest LOL

Aeon

cj
11 Jan 2002

Moonklad (12 Jan, 2002 03:00):

hi,

2 cents from the peanut gallery..

1, Don't ever force yourself to do somthing you don't want to. it just turns out bad anyway.

2. maybe it's time to explore other spiritual paths..have you thought of studying runes, or scrying..just a thought.

3. put the new deck you bout away and look on line for another that grabs you..maybe you just need a change from the ordinary..

good luck and don't sweat it..

cj

Moonklad
11 Jan 2002

thanks for the input everyone. I am just going to continue on with my studies and see what happens.

tarotbear
12 Jan 2002

Moonklad- I spend hours each day immersed in Tarot, what with visiting the Aeclectic site, doing the card descriptions and other related work. I haven't touched a deck in weeks! I even ran some readings off my CD ROM 'Tarot Magic' to check out a few things, but did not touch any cards. I even get my daily reading sent to me- but that's so I don't influence my reading.

Don't worry- just take it as it comes.

The A rest from Tarot? thread was originally posted on 11 Jan 2002 in the Talking Tarot board, and is now archived in the Forum Library. Read the threads in Talking Tarot, or read more archived threads.

Aeon

Aeon (12 Jan, 2002 05:47):
Hi Moon,
I'm go through this all the time, don't sweat it. I'll go months for months picking daily cards and doing readings, >>>

Oh jeez, that should read "I go through this all the time" and "I'll go for months picking"

The brain works sometimes, honest LOL

Aeon

cj

Moonklad (12 Jan, 2002 03:00):

hi,

2 cents from the peanut gallery..

1, Don't ever force yourself to do somthing you don't want to. it just turns out bad anyway.

2. maybe it's time to explore other spiritual paths..have you thought of studying runes, or scrying..just a thought.

3. put the new deck you bout away and look on line for another that grabs you..maybe you just need a change from the ordinary..

good luck and don't sweat it..

cj

Moonklad

thanks for the input everyone. I am just going to continue on with my studies and see what happens.

tarotbear

Moonklad- I spend hours each day immersed in Tarot, what with visiting the Aeclectic site, doing the card descriptions and other related work. I haven't touched a deck in weeks! I even ran some readings off my CD ROM 'Tarot Magic' to check out a few things, but did not touch any cards. I even get my daily reading sent to me- but that's so I don't influence my reading.

Don't worry- just take it as it comes.