A tiny squeak of a miaow, the Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot peers around the corner...

Gardener

Are you taking names, yet, for that oh-so-hypothetical limited edition....

baba-prague

Oh, not yet unfortunately. First we need to think about whether we will really do this (though I know we've been vaguely talking about it for six months or something ridiculous!) I'd love to, but we are so busy that it may not be for some time. I do think these cards would look good at a really large size - okay it would make them hard to use for everyday, but then I don't think people use limited edition decks in that way.

I'll talk more to Alex about it. We did briefly talk to the printer (we thought about doing around 200 decks only) and it is such a low print-run that I think they think we are joking. I will tell them we really mean it :) I imagine cards that are professionally printed but then in some way finished by hand. I have some ideas.

Anyway, you can see I'm keen. I do think we should try to do it.

Dakota

It would be great, when you have time; I love the large decks cuz I can really enjoy the artwork in them........ :D

catdoc

Had the feeling that it was time to check in and see if The Bohemian cats were nearing completion......and here I find your message to that effect. I am so excited about the prospect of purchasing this deck. Just want to make sure I am on the list.
Deb

MuffinTops

Oh Yes!

I am getting the deck and the book, AND I would love a big deck! :)

Dakota

I have a secret desire for a Bohemian Cats screensaver too, so I can enjoy them while I am pretending to be a grown-up at the office........ :D

baba-prague

A screensaver is a great idea. Actually, I love that idea and I think we could do it once the deck is shipping and we have a minute. I have made screensavers in the past and I guess it's easy now. Thanks for that!

I have to admit that I just took Alex out for a huge piece of cheesecake and coffee (we have the most fabulous cafe with home-made cake around the corner) and that gave me a chance to really discuss this and he now says he will talk to the printer tomorrow. He wants to see what gold overlay would cost for a limited edition. I would LOVE, just love, to see these cards with applied gold. Now I'm beginning to get excited.

Also, tomorrow the first proof sheet will be ready. Fingers crossed - it will be an amazing moment. I can TOTALLY relate to what Astra was talking about earlier.

Gardener

ooooooh, with gold! yes, please!!!!

hedgecub

Originally posted by baba-prague
A screensaver is a great idea. Actually, I love that idea and I think we could do it once the deck is shipping and we have a minute. I have made screensavers in the past and I guess it's easy now. Thanks for that!

Would it be possible to also make some wallpapers? I don't use Windows, so I don't think I'll be able to admire and enjoy the screensaver :(
However, AFAIK anyone can enjoy wallpapers, and it would be great to have your kitties beaming out from my desktop :D

Originally posted by baba-prague
I have to admit that I just took Alex out for a huge piece of cheesecake and coffee (we have the most fabulous cafe with home-made cake around the corner) and that gave me a chance to really discuss this and he now says he will talk to the printer tomorrow. He wants to see what gold overlay would cost for a limited edition. I would LOVE, just love, to see these cards with applied gold.

Please tell Alex that he has the most evil ideas! }) From what I've seen of the deck, gold overlay would go excellently with the theme! Though I reckon you better print a few more 'cause otherwise there's going to be catfights over the special editions ;)

I got all four paws crossed for you!
*beams happily*
*falls over*

baba-prague

I would NOT want to start cat-fights. Right now there is a dispute going on at home about which cat owns a small crocheted mouse we bought recently - VERY desirable it is too :)

I hope all this happens. Let's see what the printer says tomorrow. Our printer says we make the most difficult, but interesting, requests!

Oh - by the way, the Little White Booklet. Just to say I would have asked more opinion here but I did already take part in that thread some time back and took in what was being said there. Also, the problem is that when it comes down to it there is so little room for anything in a LWB. I've squeezed in everything I could - but there was so much that had to be cut.