A tiny squeak of a miaow, the Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot peers around the corner...

baba-prague

It shouldn't be that long I hope. The cards are all printed now and so is the deck box. It's the big box that is the hold-up. Oh- it goes on and on!

The cards look and feel really nice though. I will maybe put up a picture of the box later - at least it can be seen even if it can't yet be held in the hand.

Kissa

WOW!!!

all cards are now visible online and so is the cardback. oh this looks so perfect, so unique. many times i found myself smiling at the cat faces! like the very bored kitty on the 4 of cups :D

the 10 of swords is always a test card for me. the cat doesn't look dead (ouf!), my boy sleeps is this position... judgement is the best and most positive judgement card i've ever seen.

the high priestess looks just like a high priestess should (now that's constructive critics or what ?!) and the hierophant is impressive. i think i start to get the meaning of this card, little by little.

i smiled at the 5 of swords... "the winner gets it all" card.

for some reason, the 4 of swords must be my favourite card (for now). i can't wait to see the gorgeous stained glass in details. fabulous.

:) now i go to bed with my eyes full of glimmering, sparkling, shining, magnificent baroque Bohemian cats...

Kissa

baba-prague

Yes, they are all there, although one or two are still in their old versions (we did a lot of final changes, but some are too small to notice). The text on the ecards is not done yet - mostly it's okay, but quite a lot is still the ToP definition, and really I should change all those (but it seemed low priority up until now).

We THINK - but hard to be sure - that we may have everything on Tuesday or Wednesday. That would be so good!

I'm glad you like the Four of Swords. I like him too but he is one of the "quieter" cards design-wise so didn't attract quite the same response as, for example, the Knights.

The Ten IS always a difficult one to do well. I think this looks bleak but not dreadful. I simply could not have stuck swords into a cat, I think that would be quite wrong. This way you can decide if the swords are real or if he is only dreaming them.

The minute it's all delivered you will hear ALL about it!

Dakota

baba-prague said:
The Ten IS always a difficult one to do well. I think this looks bleak but not dreadful. I simply could not have stuck swords into a cat, I think that would be quite wrong. This way you can decide if the swords are real or if he is only dreaming them.

Wonderful solution and I love that card too! My favs (for today at least!) are still the Page of Swords, the King of Pentacles, my lovely little 8 of Cups and Kuba (of course!)

Will you post the actual dimensions of the cards in their little box anywhere on their site? I am getting a tarot bag for them (got my fabric picked out already) but I think I saw that the cards will be larger than my usual decks so don't want to order the bag til I know the size of the cards.

What a fabulous deck!! :D

baba-prague

Dakota said:
Will you post the actual dimensions of the cards in their little box anywhere on their site?

OH! I haven't done that. You know, I remembered and then forgot again. I'll do it this afternoon. They are 128 *78 mm but I can work that out in inches. It is quite large.

Dakota

Thank you muchly! :D